Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Page 11 of 26 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... LastLast

What's the worst cigar you've had?

This is a discussion on What's the worst cigar you've had? within the General Cigar Discussion forums, part of the The Cigar Lounges at Puff category; I believe it was called a Cuban Stock from a local B&M. Employee there suggested it. It was horrible....

Re: What's the worst cigar you've had?

I believe it was called a Cuban Stock from a local B&M. Employee there suggested it. It was horrible.

sorry for x2 post
    Last edited by huynha; 02-13-2013 at 04:52 PM. Reason: double

Newbie in the ocean

I had a JR substitute one time, tasted like the way diaper poop smells, just the same as the Thompson Cigar house brand. They'll make a man quit smokin'.... along with a Gurkha Centurion. Then I tried a few different Padilla cigars over a few different days because my buddy swore by them. I swore too after smoking them. Oh, and those Siglo IV's, they were just nasty. Then there was a cigar with a green label that said something like Dominican on it, they weren't properly processed but they were good to give to my cigar leeching buddies.

TJB

Arsenio Maduro. Thing tasted like it came out of a butt it was the harshest crap I have ever smoked. It constantly went out on me and the wrapper fell apart for good measure. It was so stinking strong that I believe this and the cheap price is the only reason why I think anyone even smokes this thing at the local B&M.

Young Puffer Fish

Quote Originally Posted by Damselnotindistress View Post
    !!Thank you, Skraff! I'm so glad to find SOMEBODY out there who DOESN'T think Guantanameras are the gift of Satan! I know they're badly constructed and so on, yet as you said, they are not terrible! I'll choose one any day over your average NC - I LOVE that Cuban flavor from wherever it comes!
    I wouldn't go quite that far. Even though I live in EU I probably smoke more NCs than Cubans. I prefer the bold more in your face flavours, that are much rarer in cubans. + I like maduros and dont want to pay 30 a stick for the only Cuban maduro on the market

Guantanamera are a decent enough cigar for handing out at events to non cigar smokers. They are mild, non offensive and won't make anyone puke from nicotine.

Maturing Puffer Fish

Worst I ever had so far is the Acid Kuba Kuba cigars, and the Punishers..... I just dont like the taste!

Puffer Fish with some spikes Coasty's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by cheezus h krice View Post
    I had a JR substitute one time, tasted like the way diaper poop smells, just the same as the Thompson Cigar house brand. They'll make a man quit smokin'.... along with a Gurkha Centurion. Then I tried a few different Padilla cigars over a few different days because my buddy swore by them. I swore too after smoking them. Oh, and those Siglo IV's, they were just nasty. Then there was a cigar with a green label that said something like Dominican on it, they weren't properly processed but they were good to give to my cigar leeching buddies.
    Continue the search, there must be something out there that will please you.
    If you smoke all the ones you don't like first, then the rest of them will be a pleasure
    Anyone that hates dogs and kids can't be all bad - W.C. Fields

Puffer Fish with some spikes

Quote Originally Posted by Eddien8620 View Post
    Worst I ever had so far is the Acid Kuba Kuba cigars, and the Punishers..... I just dont like the taste!
    Are there any good acids? I'm not usually a flavored cigar fan...

Puffer Fish with some spikes izkeh's Avatar

Back about 1999 I had a Tamboril. I swear it was like a cat pissed on it, buried it in wet hay, then ate it and shat it out whole again.

So bad, in fact, that when I got back home I hauled the others out of my humidor and proceeded to pulverize them over the garbage. They angered me they were so horrible.
    Last edited by izkeh; 02-15-2013 at 11:29 AM.

Full grown Puffer Fish Matt1951's Avatar

I totally agree with your first and third ones.

Quote Originally Posted by jabuan View Post
    i have a three way tie:

j. fuego 777 maduro robusto
    nub 464T
    alec bradley american classic toro

Resident Perdomo Whore Wicked_Rhube's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RSTAD View Post
    Damn, I just bought an ab american
    Fear not Rob, those are not bad. I don't think they are very good, I will never buy another, but they are far from the worst thing I've had. Now take the same stick in the sun grown wrapper and my opinion changes quite a bit. I find the AB American Sun Grown to be a delicious, sweet and creamy smoke and I keep several in stock.
    "... it has always been my rule never to smoke when asleep and never to refrain when awake." -Mark Twain

A Palma Real. Good grief that was terrible!

Evolving Lead Puffer Fish sh40218's Avatar

I've recently had some more smokes that scarred me for life. The Sublime Unbanded House Blend was really not to my liking so bad I couldn't reccomend Sublimes to anyone after that. Also I've had Liga No9 Belicoso that has kept me from trying another LP9. I have a handful of LP9's that are approaching the 2yr mark. Still can't toast one yet and they stare me in the face every time I open the humi. Lol
    Help me shrink my collection and grow yours. Please see my listings in the WTS Forums.

Puffer Fish with some spikes BowhuntnHoosier's Avatar

For me so far the one that always comes to mind is the Ron Mexico.

Full grown Puffer Fish

I don't even remember the name of it... it was something some manufacturer from the Philippines sent us to consider buying when I worked at JR. It was packed in these cut bamboo stalks that were being used as tubes - the cigar was so incredibly foul - kind of like dirty sweat sock, sour bar back rag and mold all wrapped together - it was by far the foulest excuse for a cigar I have seen.

Needless to say, we didn't buy them.

BR,

STS

Page 11 of 26 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... LastLast