Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Page 21 of 26 FirstFirst ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 LastLast

What's the worst cigar you've had?

This is a discussion on What's the worst cigar you've had? within the General Cigar Discussion forums, part of the The Cigar Lounges at Puff category; Originally Posted by Tobias Lutz A Grape White Owl Oh Lord!...

Alpha Puffer Fish Damselnotindistress's Avatar

Re: What's the worst cigar you've had?

Quote Originally Posted by Tobias Lutz View Post
    A Grape White Owl

Oh Lord!
    Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill everytime

my first and only LP T-52 the SOB blew up on me with in the first inch have another in the humi at 65% but it has a small crack in it. have smoked many #9 with no problem

Puffer Fish with some spikes marc in nola's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bruck View Post
    Tnx for sharing. I've been tempted to get some varina farms (probably just bcs of the name )
    OTOH, I've tried the Graycliff G2 and Turbo & found them both to be excellent.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pj201 View Post
    The graycliff 1666 is a very nice stick with a little age on it
    Thank you Bruce and Patrick for your input - I will give those Graycliffs a try. Honestly, I can't remember which one it was that I smoked, maybe the G2 but definitely not the Turbo or 1666.

Quote Originally Posted by RSTAD View Post
    They (im assuming a large company i.e. Cigars International, Thompson, etc) usually ship them over-humidified and with either water pillows or a propylene glycol based humidifier (which is supposed to be oderless and tasteless), how much rest did the sticks have on them?
    Lord help me for buying a box right off the bat believing the marketing BS description about overuns. First one was rott then a week and then I cracked the cello off a quad and at three weeks the same but way more pungent like the burning swamp. The rest are awaiting target practice with my twelver. No doubt it is from some kind of bad storage like maybe the sanitary facility?

Puffer Fish with some spikes

Quote Originally Posted by madbricky View Post
    Lord help me for buying a box right off the bat believing the marketing BS description about overuns. First one was rott then a week and then I cracked the cello off a quad and at three weeks the same but way more pungent like the burning swamp. The rest are awaiting target practice with my twelver. No doubt it is from some kind of bad storage like maybe the sanitary facility?
    I've never personally bought overruns but I'm always wary of bargains that sound too god to be true...

Young Puffer Fish

1. flor de oliva - tasted like it was dipped in maple syrup.
    2. Alec bradley overture robusto... Put it out halfway, blech!

Young Fish

I would have to say Quorum. Can't believe so many people didn't enjoy the Brickhouse. I found it to be pretty good.

Quote Originally Posted by bandit1 View Post
    I would have to say Quorum. Can't believe so many people didn't enjoy the Brickhouse. I found it to be pretty good.
    Yeah I find Brickhouse cigars to be hit-or-miss though

Puffer Fish with some spikes beachbum's Avatar

I like to drink miller lite, others like bud light. Some prefer a craft beer and will not touch either one. Some don't like beer at all and only drink rum... Some hate rum and only drink whiskey... Some love it all, and others don't drink at all...
    This is a good way to put it.
    Excluding swisher sweets,
    mine was a cao Brazilia. Maybe I'm not accustomed to what it was going for, but the first word that came to mind was sour. I felt nauseated half way through it, and threw it out. To me it was like taking a gulp of what you think is Bud, but ends up being Miller instead but worse, it just didn't get better after the realization. Gross!
    Last edited by beachbum; 05-10-2013 at 10:07 PM.

Full grown Puffer Fish

Honey duchmaster
    just keep on puffin

Puffer Fish with some spikes T3Hunter's Avatar

I've had a couple, and I'm pretty sure they were over humidified. Tight draw and bitter nasty flavours. I'd recommend keeping your smokes in a comfortable smoking humidity, user error is a terrible reason to ruin a smoke.

I dunno about the worst (spent high-school years smoking Swishers, Phillies, etc) but I had a pretty awful experience last night while mowing. Grabbed a stick from my tupperdor. Can't really remember what it was, Don Gasser Del Polecat or some such from the first online sampler I ever bought. Toro, not bad looking, a little reddish hue to the wrapper. Head felt kind of squeezy like a dry kitchen sponge, not a great portent. First inch wasn't so bad, bland with a little pepper. Then it got worse - sourness creeping in as the flavor crept out. The burn got terrible (not an RH problem, others in the tupper were fine) and the wrapper started de-laminating from the binder - weird.

When there was about 2/3 of the cigar and half the yard left I though "well, I paid for it so let's try something else." I don't mind a good chaw so I cut off the foot and figured I'd gnaw on it a while - if it worked for Curtis LeMay, it's good enough for Alan C from Hilliard, OH. After about 20 seconds my mouth tasted like a full ashtray that'd been rained on - not working.

So I gave up & pitched the slobbered-up leavin's into the garden, only I missed. On the way back I got it with the mower, which (incredibly) spit it back out almost unharmed - even my Craftsman HCV160 didn't want it!

Quote Originally Posted by GrouchyDog View Post
    So I gave up & pitched the slobbered-up leavin's into the garden, only I missed. On the way back I got it with the mower, which (incredibly) spit it back out almost unharmed - even my Craftsman HCV160 didn't want it!
    That's pretty funny - so bad the lawn mower wouldn't even take it!

I just tossed the 2nd half of a "double happiness" 2 headed monster into my cigar graveyard (English Ivy - it eats everything). I came across it while doing a little cigar inventory this morning and asked myself:
    1) will I ever smoke this piece of shite?
    2) would I give to someone else, even someone I didn't like?
    3) am I planning any science experiments that require a sample of really crappy tobacco?
    A yes to any of these would have saved it.

Quote Originally Posted by GrouchyDog View Post
    I dunno about the worst (spent high-school years smoking Swishers, Phillies, etc) but I had a pretty awful experience last night while mowing. Grabbed a stick from my tupperdor. Can't really remember what it was, Don Gasser Del Polecat or some such from the first online sampler I ever bought. Toro, not bad looking, a little reddish hue to the wrapper. Head felt kind of squeezy like a dry kitchen sponge, not a great portent. First inch wasn't so bad, bland with a little pepper. Then it got worse - sourness creeping in as the flavor crept out. The burn got terrible (not an RH problem, others in the tupper were fine) and the wrapper started de-laminating from the binder - weird.

When there was about 2/3 of the cigar and half the yard left I though "well, I paid for it so let's try something else." I don't mind a good chaw so I cut off the foot and figured I'd gnaw on it a while - if it worked for Curtis LeMay, it's good enough for Alan C from Hilliard, OH. After about 20 seconds my mouth tasted like a full ashtray that'd been rained on - not working.

Sounds a lot like every backwoods "cigar" I've had...

Quote Originally Posted by Bruck View Post
    3) am I planning any science experiments that require a sample of really crappy tobacco?
    a beetle experiment. i had a shitey barberpole corona that i put in a tupperware with a wet papertowl and in the sun of my porch for over two months. it being hawaii outside temps get higher than 80. after two months no beetles. just a little discoloration. i gave up on it. maybe beetles didn't like it either.
    Let no man pull you low enough to hate him. ~ Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.

Page 21 of 26 FirstFirst ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 LastLast