Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Page 4 of 26 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast

What's the worst cigar you've had?

This is a discussion on What's the worst cigar you've had? within the General Cigar Discussion forums, part of the The Cigar Lounges at Puff category; Interesting....very interesting. I have smoked these sticks, and I don't know them to be bad. I respect your opinions, though. ...

Huge Puffer Fish packed with spikes BKDW's Avatar

Re: What's the worst cigar you've had?

Interesting....very interesting. I have smoked these sticks, and I don't know them to be bad. I respect your opinions, though.
    May I also ask how much rest you all gave these sticks?

Quote Originally Posted by Wiseguy1982 View Post
    Kinky Friedman Texas Jewboy. I won't be too rude about it but I remember it tasting like something a cowboy would see if he looked down at the ground while riding his horse.
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkC View Post
    Guess I've been lucky (or reading here!); worst I've had is a 5 Vegas Gold, and I really can't go off about how horrendous it was, it just didn't float my boat.
    Quote Originally Posted by Simon.G View Post
    My first P*rt*g*s D4
    Terrible!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Max_Power View Post
    Gran Habano Vintage 2002. Just terrible, I don't know how these are popular at all.
    "I don't expect a consumer to spend $15 on a cigar and have to sit on it for two years..." Jorge Padron

Quote Originally Posted by BKDW View Post
    Interesting....very interesting. I have smoked these sticks, and I don't know them to be bad. I respect your opinions, though.
    In my case, it was a ten pack, so from rott to about nine months. As I said, I'm not calling them bad, just not my thing.
    ********.com

Elder Puffer Fish Leader Max_Power's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BKDW View Post
    about 9 mos. on the GHV
    That which is falling, should also be pushed

After reading yrs of threads like this I have to laugh.
    For every stick you say is a dog rocket, I know a guy that smokes them on a regular basis.

Sadly, when a noob reads through this type of thread they automatically dismiss an entire marca......

Carry On....
    An "oath" has no expiration date......

Young Puffer Fish cuban- crafted's Avatar

Camacho "get real promotion" Corojo

I gotta agree with Asmartbull on this one. If you're a noob try everything and make it a learning experience. A few have mentioned CCS and ill only say this. I like CCs, but have not smoked one I like over some NCs. I find them to be very one dimensional and for the most part poorly constructed. I feel the heat coming already!!!
    I had the right to remain silent...unfortunately, I didn't have the ability.............Ron White

Young Fish

After almost a year of smoking 1-2 a week I haven't really found any sticks that I didn't at least enjoy a little. Maybe my pallet isn't mature enough or maybe my tastes just aren't picky at all.
    That being said I haven't really smoked any of the really horrible ones a lot of people talk about. I try to do a good bit of research on a stick before I pick it up.

Ok I take that back I had a RyJ rothchilde tubo the other day that I just didn't enjoy at all. Wasn't terrible but the taste just wasn't there for me.

Puffer Fish with many spikes nfusion770's Avatar

Some of this has to do with your needs as well. If you smoke 5 cigars a day you are probably on the constant hunt for the best cheap cigar you can find which, of course, raises your overall exposure to some real dogs and gives you more incentive to find things to like about decent, bang- for- the- buck cigars. However, if you smoke just a few cigars a week, you're time and financial investment makes you less likely to even consider settling. Same thing applies to many things in life and there are merits to both approaches.

This is a very interesting thread, in that most of the cigars I see panned here, I've seen praised (at least in a relative sense, i.e., for a cheapie or whatever) elsewhere. In fact, many of them I happen to actually like. It just goes to show how diverse palates and opinions are, and indirectly, why there are so many makes and models of cigar.

So I have to wonder, getting back to the original question, in all the years you've been smoking and all the different brands you've tried, is that really the _worst_ cigar you've had? I mean I can see not liking certain ones; for example, Camachos are a bit harsh for my tastes, and the Alec Bradley American Classic gordo didn't exactly paint my wagon but I wouldn't call them the worst - they're just ones I wouldn't go digging to the bottom of the humi for.

Although I didn't start the thread, I was kind of hoping for some really good bad cigar stories.

Quote Originally Posted by capttrips View Post
    Did someone go to every cigar forum and post this question? Going through this list I can honestly say you got what you deserved if you're smoking some of the schlock mentioned. I'll never understand why people pay $2 for a cigar and expect it to smoke like a Padron. A $2 cigar will always be a $2 cigar. Yes, it might be enjoyable, BUT IT'S A $2 CIGAR!! Someone wasn't sitting at the bench with $25 leaf thinking "I have all this extra $25 leaf....that's it, I'll make a $2 cigar with it."
    I research everything before I smoke it, but every once in awhile one sneaks through that I don't like. There are alot of cigars I'll never smoke again, mostly because they just don't suit my taste.
    This thread is about the worst cigar you have smoked. There were no monetary parameters established by the op. Anything is fair game regardless of cost.

Victor Sinclair Corojo Madness - Serie 55, Bohemian and Triple Corojo. Then the Victor Sinclair Maduro Dopple - who would'a thought a 6 x 70 wouldn't be good?
    I "gifted" them all to my brother. I knew I would get even eventually!

Macanudo yuck.tasted like wet moldy cardboard drug through cow manure
    Pissing people off since 1973! And getting better at it everyday.

Puffer Fish with some spikes gscottfuller's Avatar

With all due respect to Illusione fans, the worst cigar I've ever smoked is an Illusione CG:4 (in the "original documents" line). Literally tasted like crap. Tossed it after about 6 puffs.

Probably CAO Osa Sol. It had this unpleasant drying effect on my mouth. Each puff sapped moisture out of my mouth, so I just had to stop.
    Are you a Puff noob or veteran? Join the Noobie Sampler Trade!
    Canadian? Try the Canadian Noob PIF v2.0

Puffer Fish with some spikes

Has anyone else tried the "football" cigar? My buddy and I both had one for the superbowl and its like puffing on a mixture of windex and acetone. Would not recommend...

Page 4 of 26 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast