Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Page 5 of 26 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast

What's the worst cigar you've had?

This is a discussion on What's the worst cigar you've had? within the General Cigar Discussion forums, part of the The Cigar Lounges at Puff category; Originally Posted by gscottfuller With all due respect to Illusione fans, the worst cigar I've ever smoked is an Illusione ...

Huge Puffer Fish packed with spikes BKDW's Avatar

Re: What's the worst cigar you've had?

Quote Originally Posted by gscottfuller View Post
    With all due respect to Illusione fans, the worst cigar I've ever smoked is an Illusione CG:4 (in the "original documents" line). Literally tasted like crap. Tossed it after about 6 puffs.
    We do have some very interesting choices....

May I ask how many you smoked? Could it have been a bad stick?
    "I don't expect a consumer to spend $15 on a cigar and have to sit on it for two years..." Jorge Padron

Young Puffer Fish

Arturo Fuente Rotschild. To my great surprise and disappointment, it tasted almost like when you accidentally get soap or shampoo in your mouth. Too bad, it had a perfect draw and a nice scent.

Not Here

One mans "dogrocket is another mans gold" or something like that.
    Some of the cigars I have seen listed here I have had a decent enough experience with. Not saying they were outstanding but were certainly worth the price I paid for them. To me at least. That is one of the great tings about this hobby. I know a guy who smokes almost nothing but convenience store Garcia y Vega Panatelas and loves them. I have given him many "nice" cigars including Fuentes, Padrons, Cubans , etc. and he has never finished one that I can recall. He said they do not taste good. So, to each, their own. That is why the saying "smoke what you like and like what you smoke" is so popular among cigar smokers.

With all that said, the absolute worst cigar I have ever smoked was a Cohiba XV. I am positive that a cigar made from one of the leafs from an artificial plant in my home would not taste any worse.
    BIA!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Habanolover View Post
    One mans "dogrocket is another mans gold" or something like that.
    Some of the cigars I have seen listed here I have had a decent enough experience with. Not saying they were outstanding but were certainly worth the price I paid for them. To me at least. That is one of the great tings about this hobby. I know a guy who smokes almost nothing but convenience store Garcia y Vega Panatelas and loves them. I have given him many "nice" cigars including Fuentes, Padrons, Cubans , etc. and he has never finished one that I can recall. He said they do not taste good. So, to each, their own. That is why the saying "smoke what you like and like what you smoke" is so popular among cigar smokers.
    That's my dad. Smokes nothing but Antonio and Cleopatra Grenadiers. When I offer him a good stick, he says, "don't waste it on me." So when I'm home for the holidays, I get myself something nice from the humidor (like the Brick House that has been mercilessly thrashed earlier in this thread) and get him a box of A&Cs. I don't mind the machine-made cheapies once in a while. My wife likes the occasional flavored plastic-tipped kids' cigars, so I'll have one with her once in a while. The important thing is that we're smokin'!

Maturing Puffer Fish

Most 5 Vegas cigars I've tried are pretty awful. Same goes for Gurkha.

Huge Puffer Fish packed with spikes jurgenph's Avatar

so many variations
    i've probably had my best, and worst cigars come from the same box.

J.

Puffer Fish with some spikes

I think that the amount of time cigars are allowed to age can definitely affect whether or not it sucks.

Quote Originally Posted by RSTAD View Post
    I think that the amount of time cigars are allowed to age can definitely affect whether or not it sucks.
    I personally don't buy into this concept as much as others do. I think a placebo effect comes into play a lot more than one would think.

Yeah I could definitely see that being an issue, but I think a cigar that is aged for years definitely has some differences than those aged for a few months.

Obsidian Robusto hands down. It tasted like I was smoking a paper mill that had been flooded by a wastewater treatment plant.

Huge Puffer Fish packed with spikes D307P's Avatar

Drew Estate Acid Blondie. Thought it tasted like Pine Sol cleaning solution.

The Asylum 13 it was OMG bad I hated it in the first inch or so but kept smoking it hoping it would improve, NEVER AGAIN life's to short like a BOTL here said.
    Good people sleep peaceably in their bed at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf

Puffer Fish with many spikes Btubes18's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HandBanana View Post
    After almost a year of smoking 1-2 a week I haven't really found any sticks that I didn't at least enjoy a little. Maybe my pallet isn't mature enough or maybe my tastes just aren't picky at all.
    That being said I haven't really smoked any of the really horrible ones a lot of people talk about. I try to do a good bit of research on a stick before I pick it up.

Ok I take that back I had a RyJ rothchilde tubo the other day that I just didn't enjoy at all. Wasn't terrible but the taste just wasn't there for me.
    I have had these before, and agree, it wasn't all that great. Won't buy one again. Also, really don't enjoy most Gurhka's...personally I would much rather smoke knock-offs or seconds than spend my money on Gurhka's.

My roomate loves Black and Milds. Had one for kicks. Ugh. He doesn't like any decent cigar. Just those.

Resident Perdomo Whore Wicked_Rhube's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ChanCon View Post
    Obsidian Robusto hands down. It tasted like I was smoking a paper mill that had been flooded by a wastewater treatment plant.
    I thought that too. I got a five pack free for buying like 8 millions dollars worth of sticks from CI and the first one I smoked was paper-bag flavorerd. I had another one a few months later I thought it was pretty damn good, go figure! I have a few left to check back in on em after a year for my final impression....
    "... it has always been my rule never to smoke when asleep and never to refrain when awake." -Mark Twain

Page 5 of 26 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast