Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Page 6 of 26 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast

What's the worst cigar you've had?

This is a discussion on What's the worst cigar you've had? within the General Cigar Discussion forums, part of the The Cigar Lounges at Puff category; Originally Posted by jurgenph so many variations i've probably had my best, and worst cigars come from the same box. ...

Resident Perdomo Whore Wicked_Rhube's Avatar

Re: What's the worst cigar you've had?

Quote Originally Posted by jurgenph View Post
    so many variations
    i've probably had my best, and worst cigars come from the same box.

J.
    ^ Amen to that! ^
    "... it has always been my rule never to smoke when asleep and never to refrain when awake." -Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by Max_Power View Post
    Gran Habano Vintage 2002. Just terrible, I don't know how these are popular at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by alecshawn View Post
    Gran Habano to me, is play cigars....they just aren't any good.
    Also, Liga #9 and t52. These along with most drew estate cigars do absolutely nothing for me.
    Macanudos...are poppycock also.
    I don't get how SO many people absolutely love this cigar and some of you think it's the worst ever. There have been rave reviews on this site.

Not disrespecting your opinion just can't imagine why there's such a wide discrepancy.

I ordered a 5 pack to find out for myself. Curiosity has gotten the best of me.

Mine was probably the A Fuente Best Seller Maduro. Had 0 flavour and was disappointing compared to the short story. Might have been a bad stick though, still have 4 left to sample.

Quote Originally Posted by copper0426 View Post
    The Asylum 13 it was OMG bad I hated it in the first inch or so but kept smoking it hoping it would improve, NEVER AGAIN life's to short like a BOTL here said.
    I just bought one of these tonight. I like the regular asylum a lot. The 13 is cheaper in price......I guess cheaper in quality as well?

Quote Originally Posted by RSTAD View Post
    Yeah I could definitely see that being an issue, but I think a cigar that is aged for years definitely has some differences than those aged for a few months.
    I've got some Don Lugos in one of my humis but I don't think I'll live long enough for them to taste good. I just keep them in there to help raise the other cigars' self esteem
    OTOH, my great grandmother totally lost her sense of smell when she was in her 80's, so if that happens to me, I'll fire one up again.

Quote Originally Posted by Btubes18 View Post
    I have had these before, and agree, it wasn't all that great. Won't buy one again. Also, really don't enjoy most Gurhka's...personally I would much rather smoke knock-offs or seconds than spend my money on Gurhka's.
    I'm still on the low altitudes of the learning curve myself, and the Gurkha brand has taught me that there isn't a reliable correlation between price and quality. BUT (there's always a but, isn't there?) I do very much dig the Park Avenue Connecticut wrapper.

Puffer Fish with some spikes

Yeah, with gurkha you pay a lot for the box, band, and name...

The one I smoked in the rain... No wait, the one I smoked in 101 temp.... No, the one I smoked while it was 13 temp... Well, maybe it was the one I smoked while it was super windy... OK, OK, I think it was the one I dropped on the dirt, and smoked anyways... NO, no, no, it was the one I smoked next to some old smelly guy at the b&m... Or...

No longer a community member.

The worst cigar I smoked was the one I picked up off the ground and smoked when I had no home

I believe the label was Sloppy Street Second Cigar's

I can definitely say with some certainty that a OpusX X3 tastes and smokes far better than a stale old machine rolled cigar that was found on the streets of montrose...
    Last edited by CarnivorousPelican; 02-06-2013 at 11:46 PM.

Fuente Curlyhead. Figured "floor sweepings" of their tobaccos couldn't be too bad. Too bad, right away, and too bad with 2 years on 'em. Glad I only bought a fiver.
    Gurkha is the main reason I have trust issues.

I think it was banded devils weed or something like that. Smelled like manuer and grass, tasted just the same.

Puffer Fish with some spikes

It has to be a tie between a funky Matacan and a very bland Oliveros El Padrino.

Resident Perdomo Whore Wicked_Rhube's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tonitwofeet View Post
    I think it was banded devils weed or something like that. Smelled like manuer and grass, tasted just the same.
    Those were the flavors I picked up as well!
    "... it has always been my rule never to smoke when asleep and never to refrain when awake." -Mark Twain

Young Puffer Fish smokestackcigar's Avatar

Had to be a DE Acid. Tasted like I was smoking potpourri. On the flip side the DE Liga 9 is my favorite smoke. Go figure....

Puffer Fish with some spikes Stogin's Avatar

RP Connecticut. Not the vintage one, just the regular one. Blegh. Tried two, each one was wretched!

Page 6 of 26 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast