Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Page 9 of 26 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 ... LastLast

What's the worst cigar you've had?

This is a discussion on What's the worst cigar you've had? within the General Cigar Discussion forums, part of the The Cigar Lounges at Puff category; Originally Posted by sh40218 3. RYJ Habana Reserve Robusto This gets my vote, got 5 of them in a gift ...

Off to Cigar bum. com jhedrick83's Avatar

Re: What's the worst cigar you've had?

Quote Originally Posted by sh40218 View Post
    3. RYJ Habana Reserve Robusto
    This gets my vote, got 5 of them in a gift set with a flask. Vile little turd, at least I got a cool flask out of it.

Puffer Fish with some spikes LuvMaduros's Avatar

The worst cigar I have ever had has to be the La Estrella Cubana maduro. Wasn't expecting much but it was horrible. Didn't make it a full 1/3 in and tossed it. A close second was the La Aroma de Cuba Mi Amor. With the CA rating, this one surprised me and maybe I got one they accidentally dropped in the toilet, but it was bad enough to make me never want to try another one.

Evolving Lead Puffer Fish FireRunner's Avatar

I don't remember the worse cigar I've had. I'm sure I blocked the experience out of my mind shortly after I smoked it

I'm totally serious, dude B-daddy's Avatar

I like this thread. I sometimes think that we avoid saying (naming) what we DON'T like. I thnk it's interesting to hear and we should embrace these different opinions/perceptions. It's kinda funny but I, for one, have seen some of my favorites listed in this "worst ever" thread. Just reinforces the concept of variability in all things cigar; from tobaccos, to construction, to perception of flavors. Really interesting. Seeing some of these terrible experiences with cigars that I like kinda makes me want to go back and try the ones I really disliked. Maybe a variability thing ...but maybe there's just something about the flavor profile of the stick that doesn't agree with me. We'll see.
    "24 hours in a day, 24 beers in a case. Coincidence?" -- Steven Wright

Hands down, Rosa Cuba. Smoking the liner from my bird cage would have been better than this atrocity. Got it in a free sampler from CVM Cigars, and it wasn't worth what I paid for it. If somebody gave me a box of them, I would dump them without opening it.

Honorable mention: Carbon Copy. The Cuban Cohiba-eque band should have been my first hint. Tossed a churchill after three puffs. I took the second and third ones believing that it couldn't possibly be as bad as I imagined. It was.
    Last edited by orca99usa; 02-09-2013 at 02:01 PM.

Puffer Fish with some spikes

Anything that tries to look like a cohiba is always trash

Young Puffer Fish

JR Ultimate the worst cigar ever.

Worst cigar I've ever smoked would have to be Spanish Galleon Cameroon. Te Amo a very close second!

CA 90+ rated Licencinados. Can't tell you what they tasted like as the whole box was unsmokable (and $9. Had to skewer every one to get any draw, and the few that did canoed horribly. Better luck sucking on a branch! No improvement, no change whatsoever, with up to a year of aging.

Bitter disappointment is that it used to be a great, value smoke.

I smoked a Puros Indios that (for my taste) was so bad, I wanted to throw up just to get the flavor out of my mouth. It was a struggle, but I fought hard and smoked half of it before throwing that POS over the fence into my neighbors yard. I didn't even want it in my yard.
    Wrap Your Ass in Fiberglass
    Drive a VETTE

Puffer Fish with some spikes BlazinBajan's Avatar

Gurkha centurian, the taste was bleh! my stomach started to turn

Puffer Fish with some spikes

Quote Originally Posted by BlazinBajan View Post
    Gurkha centurian, the taste was bleh! my stomach started to turn
    Its hit or miss with Gurkhas for me, I had a beauty that was acidic and terrible, but I tried another and it was perfect

Luis Martinez cigars, they are cheap for a reason. Short filler, reconstituted tobacco sheet binder, ugly wrapper, extremely tight draw etc
    Tobacco is a dirty weed. I like it.

Elder Puffer Fish Leader Max_Power's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RSTAD View Post
    Anything that tries to look like a cohiba is always trash
    I dont know, I think the L'atelier are great.
    That which is falling, should also be pushed

Resident Perdomo Whore Wicked_Rhube's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by IBEW View Post
    I smoked a Puros Indios that (for my taste) was so bad, I wanted to throw up just to get the flavor out of my mouth. It was a struggle, but I fought hard and smoked half of it before throwing that POS over the fence into my neighbors yard. I didn't even want it in my yard.
    Ha, I love this thread! The reserva maxima is actually one of my work smokes! I'm seeing a lot of my "yard gar" type go-to's on this thread.
    "... it has always been my rule never to smoke when asleep and never to refrain when awake." -Mark Twain

Page 9 of 26 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 ... LastLast