Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Young Cigar Enthusiasts...Anyone esle get dirty looks at the Cigar Store?

This is a discussion on Young Cigar Enthusiasts...Anyone esle get dirty looks at the Cigar Store? within the General Cigar Discussion forums, part of the The Cigar Lounges at Puff category; im 27 and people stare like crazy when i got into B and Ms...even local cigar bars stare. especially when ...

Young Fish

Re: Young Cigar Enthusiasts...Anyone esle get dirty looks at the Cigar Store?

im 27 and people stare like crazy when i got into B and Ms...even local cigar bars stare. especially when im the only asian american in there. odd....i dont know many cigar smoking asian americans that enjoy scotch either....

edit.....i dont know any

This didn't happend to me at the first local lounge I went to and still go to to this day. They were so kind to me and I even told them I was a newbie and the guy literally spent 2 hours helping me out, and telling me what he thought were good cigars, cutters and lighters. I became a member because of their kindness even though their selection lacks IMO.

This other place however, didnt shoot me any attention. When I walked in they figured I was just some typical 22 year old kid. After I picked up a couple hundered dollars worth of cigars they definitely started treating me like a king. The only reason I still go there is because they have an incredible selection. They always throw in a couple nice cigars for free I matter how much I spend.

Quote Originally Posted by Pudge View Post
    im 27 and people stare like crazy when i got into B and Ms...even local cigar bars stare. especially when im the only asian american in there. odd....i dont know many cigar smoking asian americans that enjoy scotch either....

edit.....i dont know any
    I know a couple...
    I believe in courtesy, the ritual by which we avoid hurting other people's feelings by satisfying our own egos. Kenneth Clark

I'm so impressed with you young people and lady. To handle those offenses with grace and dignity. Very impressive.
    From 16 on I frequented several shops on the west coast for my pipe obsession. Never an issue only mentoring.
    Just like I learned from the Boy Scouts and the military, young people are able to do anything and many FOGs remember that because they where once young before they ended up a wreck like me. .. lol

Alpha Puffer Fish Damselnotindistress's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CheapHumidors View Post
    As a younger smoker and a woman I have had quite a few raised eyebrows when I walk into a B&M. Luckily I had two great "guides" when I first started smoking who introduced me to the managers and the regulars at my favorite B&Ms. After a few months of frequent visits I felt right at home. It is when I venture out of my local area that I get the looks. In fact, when I was in Brazil I stopped into a cigar shop with my aunt intent on buying a Cuban. The man behind the counter was super friendly but one of the other shoppers (another American) had the audacity to stop me and say "Sweetheart, someone like you doesn't need to spend $20 on a Cuban cigar, I doubt you'd be able to tell the difference between that and a Black and Mild." Maybe he had nothing but good intentions but I was not amused.
    I have to commend you youngsters for your patience in dealing with foolishness. I've found that the older I get, the less patience I have for such. A lot of things didn't "BOTHER" me when I was in my 30's. Now that I'm in my mid-50's and a cranky old bat those same things really make the nape of my neck hairs bristle. Should that have been ME with that dude tellin' me he wouldn't think I'd know the diff from a Black-n-Mild and a CUBAN???? "HOW DARE YOU!!!" I'd have been. But I'll leave it at there. Since I've been frequenting cigar establishments for over 25+ years when I walk in as a woman, usually the jokes will occur like "Can we smoke?" with the cloud coming out the door, etc., etc. Godspeed to you guys!
    Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill everytime

Full grown Puffer Fish

Wat happened to me to day was a younger guy working at the b&m acted like I didn't wat they had in stock or wat I was looking I looked at him I said u have a full box dude cuz i wanted a t 52 so i grabbed one and grabbed the last anejo that he said he wanted to buy at closing and left the humidor and the guy at the counter said nice choices and with a laugh and I talked to him about my cutter and lighter and sparked up my t52

Quote Originally Posted by Jasonx250z View Post
    Wat happened to me to day was a younger guy working at the b&m acted like I didn't wat they had in stock or wat I was looking I looked at him I said u have a full box dude cuz i wanted a t 52 so i grabbed one and grabbed the last anejo that he said he wanted to buy at closing and left the humidor and the guy at the counter said nice choices and with a laugh and I talked to him about my cutter and lighter and sparked up my t52
    Your grammar is gonna give someone cancer.

I'm not trying to be a d*ck but your post makes no sense at all.
    "I am reality" - Sgt. Barnes

Full grown Puffer Fish

Quote Originally Posted by Suzza View Post
    Your grammar is gonna give someone cancer.

I'm not trying to be a d*ck but your post makes no sense at all.
    I'm using a cell phone and sorry I'm have issues with spelling and grammar due to many head injuries so plz dont rub it in more then it already has been I get it nor do u need to call me out publicly pm would have been a better way. so if ur joking around or not I already know no need to rub it in more thanks I try my best to edit
    Last edited by Jasonx250z; 05-10-2013 at 02:01 AM.

I'm using a cell phone and sorry I'm have issues with spelling and grammar due to many head injuries so plz dont rub it in more then it already has been I get it nor do u need to call me out publicly pm would have been a better way. so if ur joking around or not I already know no need to rub it in more thanks I try my best to edit
    I was only joking. There was absolutely no reason to make me look like an a**hole. I wasn't calling you out or rubbing anything in because I don't even know anything about you. It was just a joke. People do it all the time and it's not meant to be taken seriously.
    Last edited by Suzza; 05-10-2013 at 02:50 AM.

Full grown Puffer Fish

Alright well that y I said joking or not if u where I was gunna explain if u weren't I was gunna clear it up cuz I can't tell iv never talked to u before so how can tell I don't know ur personality
    just keep on puffin

Alright well that y I said joking or not if u where I was gunna explain if u weren't I was gunna clear it up cuz I can't tell iv never talked to u before so how can tell I don't know ur personality
    I'm sorry, I didn't mean to offend you.

Full grown Puffer Fish

Quote Originally Posted by Suzza View Post
    I'm sorry, I didn't mean to offend you.
    Everything's good man now that I know how u are I'm good no offence taken and I would be surprised if it did give some a tumor lol between the iPhone and all the concussions it is hard to read
    just keep on puffin

anywhere but here

Thank you both for working this out. In the future please try to be respectful to other members. This is for everyone and not directed at anyone specific.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave.73 View Post
    Thank you both for working this out. In the future please try to be respectful to other members. This is for everyone and not directed at anyone specific.
    Can't be said enough, Dave. QFT - "Quoted For Truth"
    Are you a Puff noob or veteran? Join the Noobie Sampler Trade!
    Canadian? Try the Canadian Noob PIF v2.0

I don't use B&Ms often. (the 30 + min drive doesn't usually fit into my schedule) but i have never noticed any looks one way or another. i Did have an owner tell me that my tupperdor was ruining my sticks and i needed to get a spanish cedar Humi. But thats just an opinion that he was adamant about i felt no disrespect.
    I have seen in local music scenes, bars, gyms and such a "who's this guy" type of look when some one new comes around, TBH i have been a victim and perp of said look. Some people latch on to that "you are not one of us" feeling and it makes them feel special. But an initial scepticism when someone new comes around is pretty natural and i think if you keep coming around then for most people that feeling goes away.
    Lifes not a B!tch. Lifes a beautiful woman.
    you only call her a b!tch because she won't let you get that pu$$y.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast