Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Opus X Angel Share

This is a discussion on Opus X Angel Share within the General Cigar Discussion forums, part of the The Cigar Lounges at Puff category; I remember reading quite a bit of info on this cigar in the last year or two. I thought it ...

Evolving Lead Puffer Fish Bad Andy's Avatar

Opus X Angel Share

I remember reading quite a bit of info on this cigar in the last year or two. I thought it was going to be part of the regular Opus X line. To this date, I have never seen one. Any word if they are going to come out? (I think maybe they were released as part of the yearly coffin special editions). I would like to get my hands on one or two, and thought they would have been out by now.

Also wondering if they will re-release the "un-named reserve". I found out about it too late (by a couple of weeks) last year, and they all seam to be gone. Anyone know if anything else new is coming from Fuente this year? Maybe we have to wait until IPCPR next month to find out.

Just wondering if anyone knew anything....

Re: Opus X Angel Share

I've been trying to find a FFOX Angel Share as well, but I haven't seen em anywhere. I just assumed they were very limited cause of the fire and all.

Young Fish

I have been searching but i am on the verge of giving up on it. This may be a dumb question but what fire are you referring to?

There was a very large fire on August 23rd, 2011 that burned a few tobacco barns that stored a large quantity of rare aged tobacco. Although the Fuente's have many barns of tobacco, I am sure it was a setback of some type.

But these cigars were "pre-released" and discussed at IPCPR last year (well after the fire). I did hear that most of the 100 year anniversary releases (2012) were going to be pushed to 2013 and branded as "year one", but have seen little new offerings from Fuente this year.

Luva Sweet Easy Retrohale aroma's Avatar

This year's 22-opus-in-coffins set contains 2 Angel's Shares. At $950 for the set, the average price per stick is $43.

A couple of months ago, Tampa Sweethearts had a couple of Angel's Share singles in coffins from the set, available separately, for just under $50 each. I'm interested in the Angel's Share ... but not that interested.
    puff-o-matic (cigar puff timer)

Leading Puffer Fish

Just a heads up, I bought a couple Angel's Share at Outlaw Cigars in Kansas City yesterday. They have been released so grab quick if these interest you.

Puffer Fish with many spikes

Quote Originally Posted by Bad Andy View Post
    I remember reading quite a bit of info on this cigar in the last year or two. I thought it was going to be part of the regular Opus X line. To this date, I have never seen one. Any word if they are going to come out? (I think maybe they were released as part of the yearly coffin special editions). I would like to get my hands on one or two, and thought they would have been out by now.

Also wondering if they will re-release the "un-named reserve". I found out about it too late (by a couple of weeks) last year, and they all seam to be gone. Anyone know if anything else new is coming from Fuente this year? Maybe we have to wait until IPCPR next month to find out.

Just wondering if anyone knew anything....
    Looks like they are just being released. They are showing up at b&m's now along with the Don Arturo and regular Opus

Was finally able to pick up a few at Casa Fuente last week! will try them out soon.

I smoked the Toro size, very nice cigar. Tasted like a lighter Opus, and had all of the same profiles, just more subtle.

I think I paid $20 each for my two...pretty tasty I thought. Laying the other one down for a few more months.

Smoked a Fuente Fuente. Amazing cigar even fresh. I loved how creamy, nutty and sweet it was. Prefer these to the normal Opus for sure, not to try and age em.

Young Fish

The couple of Angels Share that I have smoked have been very good so far. I have another couple I will let test for a while.