Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Cuban Quality

This is a discussion on Cuban Quality within the General Cigar Discussion forums, part of the The Cigar Lounges at Puff category; I bought 3 cubans of different types while I was in Winnipeg about 12 years ago, before I knew anything ...

Puffer Fish with some spikes Tat2demon's Avatar

Cuban Quality

I bought 3 cubans of different types while I was in Winnipeg about 12 years ago, before I knew anything about cigars, and they were awful. My aunt brought a few back from Mexico for my dad several years ago and he ended up throwing them in the garbage.

Everything you hear about cubans makes them sound like they should be absolutely amazing. Did we just get crappy cigars or are they all like that?

Smoking makes me go Poo! Shemp75's Avatar

Re: Cuban Quality

when you do some time here you can ask that question some where else here
    "Before I bed you wench, have a look at my box of Glass top Cohibas!!"

They cant even be talked about? I thought you just couldnt ask how to get them?

Smoking makes me go Poo! Shemp75's Avatar

there is a section that opens up when the time is right
    "Before I bed you wench, have a look at my box of Glass top Cohibas!!"

Ok, apologies if I broke any rules.

Stranger ina strange land RTChallenger13's Avatar

First rule of Cubans is that you don't talk about Cubans......
    No storm or heavy weather will rock the boat... the one who will be king, the watcher in the ring......

Evolving Lead Puffer Fish Bad Andy's Avatar

Cuban cigars are some of the most counter fitted items out there. There is a high chance that the cigars you are referring to where fakes. More details can be asked later.

However, all cigars from all regions are different. Maybe they just didn't like the ones they had. For example, Don Pepins are well liked on this forum, but I don't care for them. I met someone once that didn't like a Padron, and well, he was just wrong.... As you can see, everyone has different tastes, and not all people will like all cigars.

Smoke what you like, and like what you smoke!

Quote Originally Posted by Bad Andy View Post
    I met someone once that didn't like a Padron, and well, he was just wrong....

Huge Puffer Fish packed with spikes BamaDoc77's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RTChallenger13 View Post
    First rule of Cubans is that you don't talk about Cubans......
    I thought that was Fight Club.....
    "I am a doctor.....smoke 2 Padrons and call me in the morning."

1. im guessing 12 years ago (before you knew anything about cigars) you probably did not rest them
    2. 99.9 percent chance anyone who is not a cigar nut who brings cigars back from mexico for a family member or friend, probably bought fakes; most likely in a glass top container from a creep on the beach.
    "Donít congratulate yourself too much or berate yourself either Ė your choices are half chance, so are everybody elseís"- Mary Schmich

Alpha Puffer Fish Damselnotindistress's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bad Andy View Post
    Cuban cigars are some of the most counter fitted items out there. There is a high chance that the cigars you are referring to where fakes. More details can be asked later.

However, all cigars from all regions are different. Maybe they just didn't like the ones they had. For example, Don Pepins are well liked on this forum, but I don't care for them. I met someone once that didn't like a Padron, and well, he was just wrong.... As you can see, everyone has different tastes, and not all people will like all cigars.

Smoke what you like, and like what you smoke!

*HERE HERE!
    Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill everytime

Full grown Puffer Fish

fakes

Evolving Lead Puffer Fish Lrbergin's Avatar

You may not like real Cubans, but chances are what you smoked weren’t real Cubans. I personally would take a 5 year old $10 cuban over a $30 Padron any day of the week. Taste is very subjective though so to each his own.