Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Olive Serie G

This is a discussion on Olive Serie G within the General Cigar Discussion forums, part of the The Cigar Lounges at Puff category; Still very new to this, but I enjoyed a Serie V on recommendation so I picked up a G just ...

Young Fish

Olive Serie G

Still very new to this, but I enjoyed a Serie V on recommendation so I picked up a G just to compare. Really enjoyed it even though I have mostly enjoyed cigars classified as full.

We won our softball tournament last night too so I am sure that had something to do with it.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Leading Puffer Fish

Re: Olive Serie G

That is a pretty darn impressive ash!

Full grown Puffer Fish Horsefeathers's Avatar

The Serie G is the only cigar I've smoked that I didn't like thus far. It tasted pretty "meh", and the draw was bad. Maybe I'll give the G a second chance.

That being said, that's a fine ash you had there!

Full grown Puffer Fish Kindanutz's Avatar

oliva G maduros are a go to semi-daily stick for me... great inexpensive smoke....

Ruler Of The Galaxy Emperor Zurg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kindanutz View Post
    oliva G maduros are a go to semi-daily stick for me... great inexpensive smoke....
    I actually like the Serie G maduro better than the Serie V

Thanks for the review. I also enjoyed the V but stayed away from the G because I prefer a little more kick. Maybe I'll check it out. Nice price point usually.

Young Fish

This was the Maduro Perfecto if that helps any.

Huge Puffer Fish packed with spikes jurgenph's Avatar

i like the series O better

J.

Evolving Lead Puffer Fish FireRunner's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Horsefeathers View Post
    The Serie G is the only cigar I've smoked that I didn't like thus far. It tasted pretty "meh", and the draw was bad. Maybe I'll give the G a second chance.

That being said, that's a fine ash you had there!
    I smoke at least 50% Olivas and enjoy every line of their cigars. But, I have to say my least favorite is the G. The flavors just doesn't do it for me. I have about 75-100 Olivas at any given time. My favorites is as follows:

#1 . Oliva V Melanio & Maduro
    #2 . Oliva O
    #3 . Oliva Master Blend 3
    #4 . Oliva V
    #5 . Oliva G

I know, it's odd that my favorite is the V Melanio and then my second favorite is the O. But, for some reason I don't really smoke the V much. If I want that much strength I just smoke a Melanio. The O is my perfect anytime cigar.
    20 years of smoking and still going strong *cough* *cough*...

Puffer Fish with some spikes Isonj's Avatar

I have smoked a few V's, but I did get a box of Oliva G mad in robusto. It's a great small smoke when I do not have the time to sit an hour.

It might just be the noob in me, but I don't see why you would get the "G" series when there is the "V" and to a lesser extent the Master Blends series available. My line of thinking is you try the best each producer has to offer as the lower end lines are never going to be up to par if you've tried the high end sticks.

Elder Puffer Fish Leader fuente~fuente's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by atsushi View Post
    It might just be the noob in me, but I don't see why you would get the "G" series when there is the "V" and to a lesser extent the Master Blends series available. My line of thinking is you try the best each producer has to offer as the lower end lines are never going to be up to par if you've tried the high end sticks.
    Because everybody has different tastes! There are $5 smokes I like better than some $20 ones. Just depends on if that particular blend suits your specific palate.
    Twitter @ OB1theStogie
    Coming at you from the Dirty Dirty...

Huge Puffer Fish packed with spikes jurgenph's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by fuente~fuente View Post
    because everybody has different tastes! There are $5 smokes i like better than some $20 ones. Just depends on if that particular blend suits your specific palate.
    ^^ that! ^^

j.

Quote Originally Posted by jurgenph View Post
    i like the series O better

J.
    This is good to know.
    Ive tried the V's, which knocked me on my ass....strong strong cigars, IMHO. Ive tried the Conn. Reserve "I think thats the name" and loved them.
    I just got some Series O Maduros off CBid. I need to stop drinking, I got 5 in Robusto, and 5 in Double Toro, but exact same thing, just different sizes....

Quote Originally Posted by atsushi View Post
    Cigars are like women. Ive tried one, I want to try the rest..............

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast