Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Stay away from Premiumhumidor

This is a discussion on Stay away from Premiumhumidor within the General Cigar Discussion forums, part of the The Cigar Lounges at Puff category; Wife wanted to buy me a nice humidor for my 30th so she said pick something out. Decided to get ...

Newbie in the ocean

Stay away from Premiumhumidor

Wife wanted to buy me a nice humidor for my 30th so she said pick something out. Decided to get the salvador from premium humidor which was the BIGGEST mistake of my life. I spoke to emily who assured me that they check the product for any defects before shipping out. I was super excited then the day came i got the package... was like a baby learning to run.. I literally ran to the door to get the box..opened it up DAMAGED!.

the unit had a large scratch across the front lip..the humidor didn't close evenly..the inside joints did not meet..just a whole bunch of issues. I called them right away and got a big go around like oh we check the products must have damaged it urself.... i got pissed...then after talking trying to reach emily who had left for the day i hung up...called back she picked up...saying oh thats fedex issue...the box was in perfect condition that arrived nothing damaged outside. They never even had looked at the unit. lucky i had ordered from amazon i got them on the line and made pay for shipping back and refund me asap.

STAY AWAY from this company.

found JMcigars after and ordered Savoy so far amazing service even going to expedite my order free of charge...and no i don't have anything to do with JMcigar.

Puffer Fish with some spikes

Re: Stay away from Premiumhumidor

For all the flak amazon gets this is when you're glad you ordered through them. On an aside, ordered a product "fulfilled by amazon" tried to get the battery replaced directly by the merchant and he was unresponsive. Went to amazon and the same day I get a call from him trying to resolve it without going through amazon. My reply, forget it. Everything is going through Amazon (the 2000lb gorilla)

Thanks for the heads up............

Jerry in Minnesota.
    Proud Past Rider Of The Short Bus...

There's been recently 2 occasions where brothers have bad deals with them. Thanks for the heads up, I'll stay away from them.

Conscientious Objector Cardinal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by nxtstep View Post
    Decided to get the salvador from premium humidor which was the BIGGEST mistake of my life.
    Charmed life, huh?
    Death comes for us all, Oroku Saki, but something much worse comes for you. For when you die, it will be...without honor - Splinter

Maturing Puffer Fish willyzhere's Avatar

That SUCKS! Sounds like they didn't pack it properly at all. The fact that they are blaming everyone else says a lot. Hope everything works out for you. Your wife must have been pissed and disappointed. Happy 30th btw! What did you smoke for the occasion?

Newbie in the ocean

Quote Originally Posted by willyzhere View Post
    That SUCKS! Sounds like they didn't pack it properly at all. The fact that they are blaming everyone else says a lot. Hope everything works out for you. Your wife must have been pissed and disappointed. Happy 30th btw! What did you smoke for the occasion?

no it was packed perfectly..foam on corners..thick box...wrapped also...just damaged product they didn't care to look like they said...anyways I'm happy gonna get a savoy 160ct now..lifetime warranty sounds great to me... as for smoke bday is on thanksgiving the 28th so any suggestions I'm very open to it.

I've had a Savoy for just over eight years and couldn't be happier with it. A great bargain, imho! Plenty of great advice on this forum for setting it up. I'd recommend a smoke if I knew what you liked.

Newbie in the ocean

I've had a Savoy for just over eight years and couldn't be happier with it. A great bargain, imho! Plenty of great advice on this forum for setting it up. I'd recommend a smoke if I knew what you liked.
    i really love AVO intermezzo..romeo y julieta short churchill...or anything smooth.. do you have any tips for setting it up?? was thinking to do boveda setup for seasoning and then just drop in like 6 packs of the 69RH..but open to other suggestions

Smooth to me = a Davidoff Special R. I'll treat myself to one on father's day, etc. The box price is daunting so I've only bought singles. I seasoned my Savoy by patiently applying distilled water with a clean natural sponge (nothing treated) to the cedar and waiting, picked up a better humidification device and digital hygrometer. Once the readings were right I started filling her up. I didn't even know what a Boveda pack was back then, so there's probably better ways to do this now.

Newbie in the ocean

Smooth to me = a Davidoff Special R. I'll treat myself to one on father's day, etc. The box price is daunting so I've only bought singles. I seasoned my Savoy by patiently applying distilled water with a clean natural sponge (nothing treated) to the cedar and waiting, picked up a better humidification device and digital hygrometer. Once the readings were right I started filling her up. I didn't even know what a Boveda pack was back then, so there's probably better ways to do this now.
    ok thanks...actually i did pick up the same davidoff the other day to finally have my first from him..yes I'm still a newbie..guess ill enjoy that then.

nxtstep. Please let us know what you think of the Savoy. Was looking at then online tonight and they look pretty good. As most do. Thanks. TCB

Puffer Fish with many spikes

Sounds to familiar. That company has to be the worst of the worst. I had to deal with Emily as well and I can't find a good thing to say. I started a thread about my bad experience with them two weeks ago. "buyer beware" is the thread. Check it out if you want to hear the details. Best of luck

Puff Contest Czar

Funny how we hear this same story a lot and if they had come here first and done some research they would have known CheapHumidors is the place to shop. I have the Salvador I purchased from CH and its a beautiful looking humidor and holds a ton, but the Savoy is a much a higher quality unit that will probably last you a lot longer.

+1 for cheap humidors. Excellent customer service. I have never been disappointed.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast