Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Cigars And Coffee

This is a discussion on Cigars And Coffee within the General Cigar Discussion forums, part of the The Cigar Lounges at Puff category; Just curious what cigars you guys smoke with your coffee. i like just regular coffee with a french vanilla creamer. ...

Puffer Fish with some spikes smitty8202's Avatar

Cigars And Coffee

Just curious what cigars you guys smoke with your coffee. i like just regular coffee with a french vanilla creamer. i just can't do coffee black. what cigar or flavor profile would go good with that?
    12th Man

Young Puffer Fish

Re: Cigars And Coffee

I like my coffee black, regardless of if im smoking. Last coffee smoke pair i did i had a san lotano oval maduro with it. But in terms of flavor profile it just has to be full enough to keep up with the black coffee

Smoked a Liga T52 last weekend with a DARK espresso, paired perfect. I would think it would be fine with a little cream, too.
    Bad decisions make good stories.

Puffer Fish with some spikes smitty8202's Avatar

Well I said f it lets just try it. Made some Starbucks Carmel coffee with vanilla creamer and grabbed a Carlos torano exodus 1959 50 year. So far so good. I guess I just gotta try it all. Haha
    12th Man

I had an Oliva O Connecticut with some folders French roast and vanilla creamer and it was great.

Present and Accounted

I love cigars and coffee. Usually black, but sometimes with cream. I tend to not think too hard about pairings but I've noticed the only time I get in trouble is with a strong flavored drink and a milder cigar. The opposite seems fine to me.

A mug of Columbian and a papas fritas, my Saturday morning ritual

null

i drink coffee from the moment i wake up til the last beverage before bed.
    im as immune to caffeine as i am to nicotine, so they all pair good to me!

but its hard to beat a good mocha coffee and a rich med-full ct broadleaf type smoke...
    something like a regios reserva, an anejo, or a carrillo cardinal maduro..

Puffer Fish with many spikes tnlawyer's Avatar

I almost always drink my coffee black...no cream and no sugar. The only time I do otherwise is on the weekends when I use my moka pots to make Cuban coffee. It's very strong and very sweet, but if you like Cuban cofffee, those cheap little pots do an amazing job.
    A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way. - Mark Twain

Maturing Puffer Fish P8ntbllr234's Avatar

I hate flavored creamers with coffee. The only thing ill put in my coffee is a little milk

My pallet is as yet not refined enough to really pair a cigar with anything. That being said, with something strongly flavored like coffee, I tend to go with a maduro. Someone else mentioned one of my favs, the Carlos Torano 50 Year Exodus, that's a beautiful stick with coffee. I've also been working through my box of Nica Libres, usually with a cup of cold-brewed iced coffee in the morning.
    I also like my coffee black, no cream, no sugar, and definately no flavorings.

Puffer Fish with many spikes LGHT's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sullen View Post
    i drink coffee from the moment i wake up til the last beverage before bed.
    im as immune to caffeine as i am to nicotine, so they all pair good to me!

but its hard to beat a good mocha coffee and a rich med-full ct broadleaf type smoke...
    something like a regios reserva, an anejo, or a carrillo cardinal maduro..
    I drink a good amount of coffee as well and totally agree with @sullen on this one.

No longer a community member.

I discovered a Thai Spiced Mocha blend that pairs beautifully with most any maduro stick. I typically drink my coffee sans cream and sugar, and I've yet to meet a cigar that didn't smoke well with coffee (aside from that pineapple Whiteowl )
    Last edited by Tobias Lutz; 04-28-2014 at 02:38 PM. Reason: link

This time of year I enjoy an iced mocha, either Starbucks or my own home made version, with a Tabak Especial Red Eye.

Quote Originally Posted by MDSPHOTO View Post
    This time of year I enjoy an iced mocha, either Starbucks or my own home made version, with a Tabak Especial Red Eye.
    That sounds great

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast