Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

CI 2014 Brown Bag Sampler

This is a discussion on CI 2014 Brown Bag Sampler within the General Cigar Discussion forums, part of the The Cigar Lounges at Puff category; Ordered this last week and is scheduled to arrive on July 9. Anyone had any experience with previous year brown ...

Puffer Fish with some spikes Hoosier Daddy's Avatar

CI 2014 Brown Bag Sampler

Ordered this last week and is scheduled to arrive on July 9. Anyone had any experience with previous year brown bag deals? Twenty potentially nice sticks for $25 that are also aged for three years seems like a good gamble to take. I'm hoping I don't end up with any La Finca's or Rosa Cuba's in this deal. Below is a portion of the sales pitch email.

"Here's the deal: I can't guarantee what you'll get. But what I will do, is guarantee each sampler is worth much more than the price I’m offering. And I'll also tell you, most of the stuff included has well over 3 years of quality aging time. There's no doubt some real gems are included, and some brands you haven't seen in a very long time.
    "
    Last edited by Hoosier Daddy; 07-04-2014 at 06:16 PM.

Re: CI 2014 Brown Bag Sampler

Worth a shot, I suppose. I'd snag a few if I wasn't heading to the pipe.
    Gurkha is the main reason I have trust issues.

Full grown Puffer Fish

Sounds like they are clearing out inventory that hasn't sold in three years. Might be cr*p that nobody wants.

Puffer Fish with some spikes Hoosier Daddy's Avatar

Here's the link to the page for anyone who wants to check it out.

2014 Brown Bag Sampler - Cigars International

null

hope you like 5 vegas and ron mexicos

Quote Originally Posted by sullen View Post
    hope you like Gurkha,5 vegas and ron mexicos
    Fixed that for ya.

Twerking ain't for Smurfs Packerjh's Avatar

I've done this before ... Usually a very random mix of sticks. I've never gotten an opus or Liga Privada, but I have found some really tasty budget smokes. I think my first introduction to Diesel was from one of thee deals...
    Just one little Smurf against the world....I feel sorry for you World! BOOM, suckas!

GVH
    Puffer Fish with some spikes GVH's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hoosier Daddy View Post
    "Here's the deal: I can't guarantee what you'll get. But what I will do, is guarantee each sampler is worth much more than the price Iím offering. And I'll also tell you, most of the stuff included has well over 3 years of quality aging time. There's no doubt some real gems are included, and some brands you haven't seen in a very long time."
    Really? Wouldn't it be a lot better if whoever is writing that crap for CI just told the truth? "We can't show you what's in the bag because it's mostly crap we can't sell, but you might get one reasonable smoke out of the whole mess- and you can give the rest away to folks who don't know any better..."
    Life is short, death is certain....enjoy your best cigar today!

Evolving Lead Puffer Fish

My advice would be to spend your $25 on 1-3 really nice smokes. You'd be happier in the long run. That said, good luck.

Smoking makes me go Poo! Shemp75's Avatar

Welcome to Turd City
    "Before I bed you wench, have a look at my box of Glass top Cohibas!!"

Quote Originally Posted by GVH View Post
    Really? Wouldn't it be a lot better if whoever is writing that crap for CI just told the truth? "We can't show you what's in the bag because it's mostly crap we can't sell, but you might get one reasonable smoke out of the whole mess- and you can give the rest away to folks who don't know any better..."
    Lol. Probably a good translation. But hope our OP makes out better and will be interested to see what he receives, should he be so kind (or brave) to let us know. T.
    Last edited by TCBSmokes; 07-04-2014 at 09:45 PM.

GVH

Quote Originally Posted by TCBSmokes View Post
    Lol. Good translation! I hope our OP makes out better and will be interested to see what he receives, should he be so brave to let us know. T.
    Me too - but I would rather he follow the advice to get a few good smokes - I know I wish I had spent time on this forum getting advice from the Puffer Fish before I bought a lot of crap from CI, Thompson and JR - which I ultimately donated to worthy causes. Samplers are a trap for the unwary - and the marketing hype on most sales sites is just that - hype. This forum and folks like you deserve a big pat on the back for the information you all give so freely and politely. OP - don't do it! Tell us what kind of cigars you like (flavors, strength etc.) and we'll give you some ideas that you can take to CigarAuctioneer or Cbid and get good smokes for less $$$$. George

Pipe'in Aint Easy

I'm sure it is much like a cigar of the month club that they use to con unsuspecting souls into signing up for so they can dump their unsold goods on people.

But I am rooting for you. Please report back with what you score!
    It's been nice, while it lasted.

Quote Originally Posted by GVH View Post
    Me too - but I would rather he follow the advice to get a few good smokes - I know I wish I had spent time on this forum getting advice from the Puffer Fish before I bought a lot of crap from CI, Thompson and JR - which I ultimately donated to worthy causes. Samplers are a trap for the unwary - and the marketing hype on most sales sites is just that - hype. This forum and folks like you deserve a big pat on the back for the information you all give so freely and politely. OP - don't do it! Tell us what kind of cigars you like (flavors, strength etc.) and we'll give you some ideas that you can take to CigarAuctioneer or Cbid and get good smokes for less $$$$. George
    Well, I can't argue with that as I have one whole humidor filled with noob purchase "mistakes". Bottom line: Penny stocks and most cheap cigars are priced that way for a reason. And I've been burned by both. lol. But I am still rooting for the OP, too. T.

GVH

Quote Originally Posted by TCBSmokes View Post
    Well, I can't argue with that as I have one whole humidor filled with noob purchase "mistakes". Bottom line: Penny stocks and most cheap cigars are priced that way for a reason. And I've been burned by both. lol. But I am still rooting for the OP, too. T.
    Me too Tom! I'll trade you 100 Shares of Outer Nairobi Silver Mines, Inc., for a Rocky Patel Cameroon!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast