Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Thompsons 5 pack fever

This is a discussion on Thompsons 5 pack fever within the General Cigar Discussion forums, part of the The Cigar Lounges at Puff category; Yeah I know, don't order from them. I have my list of favorite online vendors and I've never used Thompson. ...

Thompsons 5 pack fever

Yeah I know, don't order from them. I have my list of favorite online vendors and I've never used Thompson. They have some sticks I want on their 5 pack fever special, and it truly is a great deal.

Is there any reason why I shouldn't place a one time order with them to cash in on the great 5 pack fever prices? I don't mind getting bombed in my snail mail. My main concern is that I receive cigars that are as pristine as I'd get from Famous, BCP or Atlantic. Thanks guys.

The One and Only GOT ssutton219's Avatar

Re: Thompsons 5 pack fever

My father has ordered from them not knowing any better and the sticks were fine. Its a risk from any online order but I don't think you will have a problem.

The Troll
    If the thought of a lil mold spores or beetle eggs in a cigar bother you..maybe you shouldnt smoke...cigars are a plant that we allow to ferment (rot) for our enjoyment...

I ordered from them once just to get all the freebie stuff that comes with your first order and membership to the cigar club... It was a major PITA to get off of their list and to cancel my membership but I got like 20 sticks for free and all of them were decent and in good condition just a little wet. My advice is, after you get the first harassment call just tell them you can't afford to smoke cigars anymore and that your wife will leave you if you order again. That was the only way I was able to get off of their list

Twerking ain't for Smurfs Packerjh's Avatar

My .02 is to stay away...I have placed a couple of orders and thy were both wrong...either wrong sticks or damaged sticks. They signed me up for their club even though I said absolutely not...I refuse any mail I get from them...too many other deals out there to deal with the hassle of these guys.

Your mileage may vary
    Just one little Smurf against the world....I feel sorry for you World! BOOM, suckas!

I'm struggling with this. I can get 20 sticks, 10 of which are favorites of mine and 10 that I've really wanted to try that not a lot of vendors sell, for $69 shipped. It is a good deal, on paper.

Ruler Of The Galaxy Emperor Zurg's Avatar

I've ordered from them. My advice is as follows.

1) Pay with paipal, then immediately go into your paipal account and cancel the recurring payment it sets up
    2) Do not join their 250 club
    3) First time they call you to beg you to join or to sign up for auto ship, tell them to put you on their do-not-call list

I've done this and have not had any trouble.
    Nice thing about paipal is the vendor doesn't have your credit card number so they can't pull any surprises.
    I order from then regularly for a friend of mine who likes their house brands.
    there is no folly of the beast of the earth which is not infinitely outdone by the madness of men

Huge Puffer Fish packed with spikes JustinThyme's Avatar

The majority of my collection came from Thompsons Auction although many give them a bad review, some admittedly without ever having ordered from them. I've had one issue with a cracked humi that was returned and credited in a timely manner, no problems. I get a catalog by mail but not as often as I get the cigars international catalog and I get an occasional email but no more than CI. Ive never been called for sales, only when resolving the humi issue I was called in an expeditious manner.

As with any online retailer do not join the auto rebill clubs and there is no need to worry about it. If you really want to get good deals from them lurk on their auction side for a bit. Plenty of fivers over there.

My sticks have never been damaged or dry unlike other places that a lot of people rave over. Just note that no matter who you order from DO NOT order full boxes with anything else other than boxed products. Some pack them well where no shifting occurs, others not so well where shifting boxes pull a trump card on sticks in a baggie every time.
    Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. ~Albert Einstein

order submitted, email subscription cancelled, recurring ppal entry deactivated
    now we'll wait and see if they ship me cigars in good shape

two 5ers of Aging Room Quattros (toros and churchills), a 5er of Casa Fernandez Miami Reserva Maduro toros, and a 5er of Casa Fernandez Aganorsa Leaf Maduro robustos for $69 shipped. Tough to beat getting those cigars at $3.45/stick. Fingers crossed there are no issues.

Huge Puffer Fish packed with spikes JustinThyme's Avatar

You wont have issues. If you do they email you a return label and will refund or replace. Like I said the only issue I had was a crack in a humi. I posted an incident, they answered right away and led me through to get the return label while she was on the phone. I tracked it and was credited the same day it arrived in Tampa. Ive received orders from CI and Thompsons in the same day and put a hygrometer in both baggies. Thompsons was a 5 day transit and CI overnight. The Thompsons item picked at random came in at 67% and the CI at 65%.
    Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. ~Albert Einstein