Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Contest for the Newbie Smoker!

This is a discussion on Contest for the Newbie Smoker! within the General Cigar Discussion forums, part of the The Cigar Lounges at Puff category; Greetings everyone! Before I get started, let me just say that I'm a little buzzed right now after having a ...

Contest for the Newbie Smoker!

Greetings everyone!

Before I get started, let me just say that I'm a little buzzed right now after having a couple of good stogies & drinks just recently, so I hope my post makes sense. :P

Over the past few months I have been gifted with a few PIF's from very generous members of the Cigar smoking community. I've received 1 from a contest that Da Klug's ran a while back, 1 from the ASC Usenet Newsgroup, 1 from an unknown member who chose to remain anonymous (BTW I smoked that Carlos Torano Exodus 1959 today, and MMmmMM it was tasty!!!), and I also won a contest over at MD Cigars for some Corojo Comacho's (sp?) recently.

I'd like to thank everyone for being so generous with me, and taking a chance that I'm not just some mooch, and that I've been honest in my dealings with everyone, and I'm proud to announce that I am now able to take the next step in being a member of such a wonderful community.

Up until recently, I haven't had a good supply of cigars to do my own little contest or the budget to pay for shipping costs. However, because tomorrow is my Birthday and I have a little extra cash, I want to take this oppurtunity to give back to the community.

So, here's the deal.

Starting tonight, Friday, March 11th, Through Weds. March 16th, I will be accepting entrants into my Newbie Smoker contest. At the end of that time, I will pick 2 people with which to receive a Bomb or PIF, (forgive me if my terminology isn't quite correct. I'm not sure which catagory this would fall into. ) from me.

What you will receive from me, I cannot yet say. I cannot gaurantee that both winners will receive the same quantity or quality of cigars. What I can guarantee is that you will both receive a variety of cigars. Some in the moderate range, some in the inexpensive price range, and perhaps a premium quality stick as well.

My rules are simple:

Rule #1: You must be new to the world of cigars. This contest will not benefit anyone who has been smoking for a while, or who has had the money to try many different sticks over a short period of time.

Rule #2: You must PM me your address, And give me a list of all the different BRANDS of cigars you have smoked.

Rule #3: You must be over the legal age for your state to smoke cigars.

Rule #4: You must also post your intentions to enter the contest here in this thread. A simple (PM sent) will do.

Rule #5: I will not be announcing the winners, I expect the winners to announce themselves in this thread when they have received their packages. I feel it's more fun to just walk out to your mailbox one day and find a package, rather than knowing it's coming. (So please subscribe to this thread so we don't lose it.)

Because I myself am still new to Club Stogie, I'm relying on all participants to be as honest as they can, and it will benefit you to do such... Otherwise you may receive cigars that you have already tried and didn't like, thus lessening the experience for you and others who could have benefited from this.

There are no additional requirements, I only request that you, as a new smoker, review a few of the cigars you are sent (Good or bad!!). There is no need to feel obligated to do the same for someone else, and I will be paying for the shipping costs.

Shipping will be limited to the US only due to budget constraints.

Winners will be chosen based on brands that you have NOT tried that I will be able to send to you. The idea is to expand your knowledge of cigars and to help you along on your way to determining what cigars you like and don't like.

Thanks Club Stogie, and let the contest begin.
    [SIZE="1"]Ol Times Cigars, in Ocoee, FL -- New Favorite B&M[/SIZE]
    [SIZE="1"]Preferences: Opus X, Cuban Classics (Black), Hemingway, CAO Cameroon, Cusano 18, Dunhill Cabreras, MonteCristo White.[/SIZE]

Re: Contest for the Newbie Smoker!

I threw my hat in, 'though I'm not sure I qualify...if I don't, thanks for the contest idea anyway!

Vodka is food....who's hungry?

You're welcome, Dave.

Very nice gesture, even though I don't qualify!!
    Zemekone: You know why I remember this song?
    Icehog3: It was playing the first time we had sex?
    I've had this taste in my mouth before....DaKlugs
    Those weren't headphones, Ian. Icehog3

Quote Originally Posted by DonJefe
    Very nice gesture, even though I don't qualify!!

Rest assured that as my collection grows I will get to the more established members as well eventually. I've wanted to do this for a while now, and am already enjoying being able to do this.
    [SIZE="1"]Preferences: Opus X, Cuban Classics (Black), Hemingway, CAO Cameroon, Cusano 18, Dunhill Cabreras, MonteCristo White.[/SIZE]

Same here, I enjoy giving cigars as much as getting cigars!
    Zemekone: You know why I remember this song?
    Icehog3: It was playing the first time we had sex?
    I've had this taste in my mouth before....DaKlugs
    Those weren't headphones, Ian. Icehog3

Can walk again.

PM sent. Thanks!

NCRM

Puffer Fish with some spikes

PM sent!

No longer a community member.

Jokie - congrats on your first contest. In its honor I read the entire rules and regulations section. Felt like the fine print on the CC application.

A nice gesture.

Quote Originally Posted by Da Klugs
    Jokie - congrats on your first contest. In its honor I read the entire rules and regulations section. Felt like the fine print on the CC application.

A nice gesture.

Yep, I have a really bad habit of not being able to shut-up when I get a great buzz going. lol.

Mr. 305

PM sent

PM Sent. Thanks! Generous.

Puffer Fish with many spikes MM2(SW)S's Avatar

A nice gesture.

Evolving Lead Puffer Fish Jsabbi01's Avatar

PM sent, thanks for the opportunity!

Evolving Lead Puffer Fish DsrtDog's Avatar

Sounds like a great contest...Great way to get involved...
    Live to Learn...Learn To Live!

Evolving Lead Puffer Fish Jsabbi01's Avatar

Btw Happy Birthday!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast