Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Page 1 of 163 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 51 101 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Good morning thread and sports update

This is a discussion on Good morning thread and sports update within the General Discussion forums, part of the Everything But Cigars category; Good morning all and yes, the coffee is on. Not sure where to post this so I thought I'd start ...

Thumbs up Good morning thread and sports update

Good morning all and yes, the coffee is on. Not sure where to post this so I thought I'd start it here. If there is a better location, let me know and I'll make sure and follow th rules. Well, it was another super win last night for the Yankees with Bobby Abreu hitting a go ahead 2 run homer in the 6th with a final score of 8 - 2. Today is a day game with the 1st pitch at 1305 (1:05pm) with Mike "The Moose" Mussina starting on the mound. Hopefully they get the game off as here is the weather report for the Bronx:

Today: Showers and thunderstorms, mainly after 11am. Some of the storms could produce small hail, gusty winds, and heavy rain. High near 82. East wind between 7 and 15 mph. Chance of precipitation is 80%. New rainfall amounts between a quarter and half of an inch possible.

Tonight: Showers and thunderstorms. Some of the storms could produce small hail, gusty winds, and heavy rain. Low around 73. South wind between 15 and 17 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New rainfall amounts between one and two inches possible.

For the full 7 day wrap up from NOAA:

http://forecast.weather.gov/MapClick...2=-73.8762&e=1

Anyway, I hope everyone has a great "Hump Day", and gets to enjoy a favorite cigar or two.........
    I'd walk a mile for a Cuban........

Elder Puffer Fish Leader Doogie's Avatar

good morning Charlie. i hope i get my round of golf in before it pours.

Alpha Puffer Fish

Good morning Charlie...great thread. The BOMBERS done good...my METS flat out suk when SANTANA is on the mound...hope'n you too have a great day! Jim, G'Luck w/the round...I'll be doing the driving range again today.
    Inactive member

Quote Originally Posted by Fatmandu View Post
    Good morning Charlie...great thread. The BOMBERS done good...my METS flat out suk when SANTANA is on the mound...hope'n you too have a great day! Jim, G'Luck w/the round...I'll be doing the driving range again today.
    i thought they were up 6-2? what happened

Thanks for the update, you got any good favre news? (now that's a soap opera victor newman needs to be a part of). Thanks for the reply last night, Eagles huh!!!! can't wait till that eagles/cowboys show down!!!!

Alpha Puffer Fish

Quote Originally Posted by doogie466 View Post
    i thought they were up 6-2? what happened
    They took out SANTANA and the bullsh...er, PEN stunk up the place again. Anyhow they won nicely last night...g'morn'n all..HEY CHARLIE, wake up man, we're jack'n your thunder. Let's have it for today. 72 now in my neck of Bama, going to 90 w/a good chance of rain this afternoon. Hope all CL members have a grand day
    Inactive member

Smile

Good morning all and as always, the joe is brewin'. Well, the Yankees won another game making it six straight with a score of 5 - 1. The Twins were scoreless in eight innings and for the full wrap up, here's the link:

http://newyork.yankees.mlb.com/news/...=.jsp&c_id=nyy

The Yanks take on the Red Sox this weekend which will definitely move the standings around a bit. As far as the weather, we're lookin' to get rain off and on today with the temps in the mid 80s. Oh well, it beats the high 90s and muggy. Anyway, being that today is Thursday, we'll be at Schlesinger's Cigar Bar / Hudson Valley cigars this evening to enjoy a few tastey cigars and to exchange the weeks adventures. If your in the area, stop on by for a stogie or two. If not, I hope you get to enjoy a favorite as well....... :helloooo:

Thanks for the update, I saw the highlights, the yanks looked to be getting in post season form. Good morning by the way

Alpha Puffer Fish

Thanx Charlie...I DO like this thread...great idea.
    Inactive member

Morning Charlie!! Go YANKS!

Puffer Fish with many spikes smokem-cl's Avatar

Good morning Charlie...this is a cool idea!
    I don't follow baseball all that much, but I'm glad the Yanks are doing well. I do know however, the GIANTS are coming to town today for training camp...GO BIG BLUE!

good morning Charlie. I got my round of golf in before the rain yesterday. might see you later tonight. Can't wait for football season and this thread.
    Sunday and Monday mornings will be lively.

Cool

Good morning all and TGIF!!!!!! It's good to hear you got the round of golf in Jim as the rain did come later on. Well, there wasn't much on yesterday sports wise except the Mets vs. Phillies game where the Mets won 3 - 1 and are now in 1st place in the NL East. Beth is a big Mets fan and I don't mind watching them as long as the Yankees aren't on at the same time. Well tonight, The Yankees take on the Red Sox at Fenway Park at 1905 (7:05pm) with Joba Chamberlain on the mound. The Sox have Josh Becket starting which will be a great pitching battle if they are both on thier game. Last night at Schlesinger's, we had a great time enjoying primo ceegars and the weather was great. Today the weather should be great with temps in the low 80s and partly sunny. I hope everyone has a super weekend and gets to enjoy a few of your favorites.........

Oh yeah, the coffee is on!!!!!!!!

Alpha Puffer Fish

G'Morning Charlie, and to C.L.
    Inactive member

good morning to CL

Page 1 of 163 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 51 101 ... LastLast