Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

How to: Report a Post, Give Trader Feedback, and Give Reputation Points (RG).

This is a discussion on How to: Report a Post, Give Trader Feedback, and Give Reputation Points (RG). within the General Discussion forums, part of the Everything But Cigars category; Report a Post If you see a post that is in violation of Puff.com Rules, is located in the wrong ...

Elder Puffer Fish Leader

How to: Report a Post, Give Trader Feedback, and Give Reputation Points (RG).

Report a Post

If you see a post that is in violation of Puff.com Rules, is located in the wrong forum, is NSFW, or anything that just seems wrong, you can Report it.

How to Report a Post or Suspicious Member:

1. To Report a Post look at the bottom of the User's Profile. You'll see a small Red triangle with an exclamation point (!) in it.

2. Click it and fill out the form. A thread will then be created in the moderators section for all moderators to see and discuss the proper action to be taken.

3. Suspicious Member - Use this same feature to report a suspicious member. Just click on any of the suspicious members post and report the post. Again, a thread will automatically be created in the Moderators section so that all moderators are informed at once and can discuss appropriate actions.

Note: Please realize that if you report that a member has had suspicious problems from other boards we will do our best to research it and watch for suspicious activity here. Any information you can provide would be helpful.

Trader Feedback

How to give Trader Feedback:

Under the member's avatar, click on the # next to Trader Feedback and follow the instructions.

When to give Trader Feedback: -updated 11-22-09

Trader Feedback is to be used for Trades, WTB, WTS, PIFs, MAW, and Lotteries, as well as Contests and Games where the participants/players have entered into a commitment to send cigars (or other items) before the event. Contests not applying to the above, or Bombs are not part of this system. In these cases a Thank You and/or an RG “bump” will suffice.

Negative Feedback can also be used for events.

Ring Gauge System

What is it?
    The Ring Gauge system is one way for users to rate each other for their contributions on Puff. Although there are no definite guidelines for RG, it's a system designed to show respect toward a fellow member.

What it Isn't
    Something to take all that serious. RG does tend to go up as you spend more time on the forum, therefore it's not something that should be used as a comparison for what members contribute.

What are Ring Gauge Points?
    The points that have been awarded you by other members of the Puff Forums. The higher your total, the better...consider it a measure of respect.

What is "Ring Gauge Power"?
    How many points you can impart on another user...positive or negative. If your "Ring Gauge Power is 6, you can give +6 or -3 Ring Gauge points to other users. When taking RG from anoher user you can only subtract 1/2 your Ring Gauge power from their total.

Why are there different Ring Gauge powers?
    New users start with a Ring Gauge of 10, and a Ring Gauge power of zero, zilch, nada! You can see how much Ring Gauge power you have by accessing your user profile.

You gain Ring Gauge power points by the following:

Every 180 days of membership = 1 Ring Gauge power points.
    Every 100 points of Ring Gauge = 1 Ring Gauge power point.

How can I find out how many Ring Gauge points I have and how can I see who awarded me Ring Gauge?
    It is currently displayed in your Profile when you post. You can also see who has given or taken away Ring Gauge from you, in your profile, by clicking "Settings" at the top of the screen.

How do you give it?
    You search for a post of the person you’re going to give ring-gauge. Then at the bottom of the member's post, there are symbols... Click on the symbol with the sheriff's-badge-star-looking thing at the lower lefthand corner.
    A box will appear allowing to give or take away RG. You can also write a comment.

Note:
    Nobody can give Ring Gauge until they have a minimum of 100 posts.
    RG comments are private and can only be seen by the user who receives them.
    If you feel a need to discuss RG, do it in private rather than in the open forum.
    Last edited by Blaylock; 01-16-2013 at 08:15 PM.

Irukandji Boxed Jellyfish montecristo#2's Avatar

Re: How to: Report a Post, Give Trader Feedback, and Give Reputation Points (RG).

Could you write up some cliff notes for this? That is a lot to read.

Just kidding Dave, great post.

I didn't spend six years in evil graduate school to be called Mister, thank you very much.

Re: How to: Report a Post, Give Trader Feedback, and Give Reputation Points (RG).

I'd like to find out who the hell has been taking RG from me...
    "While smoking a cigar, we are in the presence of eternity...the smoke drifts gently heavenward on its quest to combine with the great eternal oneness." - Prince Sined Yar Maharg Love Jimmy

Quote Originally Posted by boonedoggle View Post
    I'd like to find out who the hell has been taking RG from me...
    it was me jimmmeeeyyyy and i am gonna rule the world with them

to all the new guys....dont take the RG very seriously but it does give a vague idea on someone.

we have to start using the trader rating correctly tho...i remember i looked a while ago and had trouble finding anyone with a netural or negative feedback....if they deserve it then use it
    i will take (insert another word for refuge here) wherever i can find it

Thanks Dave, you are working overtime putting up road signs and markers to make things much nicer in the forum. From the looks of it there are plenty of newly added members that will be getting a nod from me not to mention that I will be adjusting your RG when I reload

PS You can only give out so much RG in a 24 hour period and then you have to wait "reload". If you have exhausted your 24 hour supply you will get this message.

You have given out too much Reputation in the last 24 hours, try again later.
    There is also a waiting period between giving RG to the same person.

Quote Originally Posted by tzaddi View Post
    Thanks Dave, you are working overtime putting up road signs and markers to make things much nicer in the forum.
    Agreed.

We can also use a "Beware of Shaggy" smiliey.

Elder Puffer Fish Leader Doogie's Avatar

guess i'm a newbie again thx for the post

Quote Originally Posted by shaggy View Post
    it was me jimmmeeeyyyy and i am gonna rule the world with them

to all the new guys....dont take the RG very seriously but it does give a vague idea on someone.

we have to start using the trader rating correctly tho...i remember i looked a while ago and had trouble finding anyone with a netural or negative feedback....if they deserve it then use it
    BASTAGE! I knew you had it in for me!
    "While smoking a cigar, we are in the presence of eternity...the smoke drifts gently heavenward on its quest to combine with the great eternal oneness." - Prince Sined Yar Maharg Love Jimmy

Huge Puffer Fish packed with spikes Python's Avatar

Great post Dave!
    "When the Government Fears the People, There is Liberty; When the People Fear the Government, There is Tyranny." - Thomas Jefferson

Member has been banned

This is great help, thanks!

Young Puffer Fish

very few negitives take away toooo many points, my opnion the system needs a revamp

Possum on a gumbush! andrewsutherland2002's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by fallguy81 View Post
    very few negitives take away toooo many points, my opnion the system needs a revamp
    RG is just a number. Hang around long enough, make well-thought out posts, and make friends here will get that RG back up soon enough.
    RG is just a number, but it is a way to show other members contributions (whether good or bad).

i think the trader rating could be way more important than any RG system.....if it is used correctly
    i will take (insert another word for refuge here) wherever i can find it

No longer a community member.

Quote Originally Posted by shaggy View Post
    i think the trader rating could be way more important than any RG system.....if it is used correctly
    I agree Mike...The system worked out fairly well as CS so I dont understand why it wouldn't work here.

I see what you're doing!! Architeuthis's Avatar

The Awards Icons from CigarLive was much much better. It showed exactly what a person participated in and could not be adjusted either up or down by personal feelings or popularity at all. I VOTE TO BRING THIS BACK!!!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast