Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Best Bookshelf Speakers

This is a discussion on Best Bookshelf Speakers within the General Discussion forums, part of the Everything But Cigars category; What are your opinions. I work at the Peterbilt factory in Denton,Tx so it's a pretty loud environment. I am ...

Puffer Fish with some spikes

Best Bookshelf Speakers

What are your opinions. I work at the Peterbilt factory in Denton,Tx so it's a pretty loud environment. I am currently using some JBL speakers which do good but I'm always looking for something better. Thanks y'all

Elder Puffer Fish Leader dj1340's Avatar

Re: Best Bookshelf Speakers

What are you playing music with ?
    The older I get, the better I used to be.

Puffer Fish with some spikes

Quote Originally Posted by dj1340 View Post
    What are you playing music with ?
    A Pioneer receiver

Not Here

Although I know it is not always the popular opinion, I was, and still am a Bose junkie. I have yet to find anything else that delivers the same sound clarity (to my ears at least) while keeping such a compact size.
    BIA!!!

Puffer Fish with many spikes nfusion770's Avatar

I've never actually owned Bose but they are kind of a whipping boy in the audiophile community (I guess that's sort of a twisted notch in their favor ). I have SVS (STS, SCS and SBS), Aperion (Intimis), and Ascend (Sierra 1) speakers and I happy with them all. I don't have enough experience to recommend anything over anything else, but all these companies make really nice speakers. People seem to like Energy/ Klipsch and Polk as well.

Looking for help in this area might end up getting you in a lot deeper than you hope to get- tread lightly.
    He's thrown a kettle over a pub, what have you done?

Maturing Puffer Fish

I don't know much about bookshelf speakers. And I think "best" depends on price range. But I hear many good things about HSU Research stuff that won't break the bank. There's also a pretty good audio video science website out there if you want some strong opinions on just about anything on the market

Elder Puffer Fish Leader dj1340's Avatar

I have Polk and klipsch and love them both. Also have the Bose wave unit, works real well In a smaller room. I picked up a Kicker unit at Costco the other day. They have one for IPod and IPhone and another for IPad. Got it for the deck. Tell you what, it kicks out some sound. Very impressed and it was only $119.
    The older I get, the better I used to be.