Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Anyone here like hunting or fishing?

This is a discussion on Anyone here like hunting or fishing? within the General Discussion forums, part of the Everything But Cigars category; Wow that's a long fish. wouldn't have a guessed an eel. and that lingcod looks very similar to a grouper....

Young Fish

Re: Anyone here like hunting or fishing?

Wow that's a long fish. wouldn't have a guessed an eel. and that lingcod looks very similar to a grouper.

Quote Originally Posted by Finchaser View Post
    Wow that's a long fish. wouldn't have a guessed an eel. and that lingcod looks very similar to a grouper.
    The wolf eel is really a fish and related to the Atlantic wolffishes. The fight was great because they can swim backward. What a trip.

The lings are similar to grouper in that they're ambush predators that like hiding.

Full grown Puffer Fish ColdSmoker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Nothing View Post
    It's a wolf eel.
    I prefer saltwater fishing too, but ours is VERY different than yours. Oregon coast.

Wolf Eel again. Tasty, but at 5' long, this had only about 1lb of meat on it. Not going to bother keeping another. Of course, this was the first one I had caught in fishing this area for 3 years.

Lingcod. The most wonderful, tastiest fish that you probably have never heard of.

also tasty, the Cabezon.
    We caught some rockfish and lingcod earlier this week in Newport Bay...

I bird and big game hunt, fish salt and fresh water species...basically all of it. Rifle, 12 gauge, bow...etc. Going salmon fishing after work...it pairs really nice with all types of cigars

Quote Originally Posted by ColdSmoker View Post
    We caught some rockfish and lingcod earlier this week in Newport Bay...
    Excellent! I haven't really fished Newport. I normally take my kayak out of Pacific City. We also have an annual kayak fishing tournament out of Depoe every summer.

Full grown Puffer Fish ColdSmoker's Avatar

That sounds awesome! I still haven't fished that water out of Pacific City...I usually float the tucca in the drift boat when I'm down there. We have a place in Lincoln City so I'm down there quite a bit. What kayak do you use if you don't mind sharing?

I fish the salt from a Jackson Cuda and do my river fishing from a Jackson Coosa

I hunt once in a while but for me it's more just an excuse to buy guns

Puffer Fish with some spikes T3Hunter's Avatar

I hunt a fair bit, and I'm lucky we have such a variety of big game in this province- Pronghorn, mule deer, whitetailed deer, moose, elk, bison, bighorn sheep, mountain goat, wolves, black bear, grizzly bear, caribou (but no current season for the last two) plus some pretty decent waterfowling. It keeps the freezer full, and I enjoy making sausage as well.

I love fishing, but my work keeps me pretty busy in the summer so I don't get much chance to. It's mostly stream fishing for trout (rainbow, cutthroat and bull) and artic grayling around here with a couple lakes that have walleye, perch and northern pike. I have also been fishing off the coast of Florida a couple times in hopes of landing a sailfish, but no success yet, maybe one day.

I live in Missouri- of course I hunt and fish! I have 5 of the best lakes in the country just an hour drive from home. Bass Boat sitting in the garage right now wanting me to take her out. We also have some of the best Deer hunting around too. This year will be the 34 th year of basically the same guys on opening weekend and I have not missed a single one, hope I didn't jinx myself saying that!

Evolving Lead Puffer Fish ezlevor's Avatar

I'm taking a trip up to Canada in a few weeks to do some fishing with my dad... We're headed to lake of the woods at the top of Minnesota. I'm not a huge fisherman, but it should be fun. I'm sure I'll be sharing plenty of pictures when I get back.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2