Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 25

Anyone here like hunting or fishing?

This is a discussion on Anyone here like hunting or fishing? within the General Discussion forums, part of the Everything But Cigars category; I'm a big time fisher and do some hunting occasionally. love saltwater fishing for red fish, trout, flounder, kings, spanish, ...

  
  1. #1

    Young Fish


     

    Anyone here like hunting or fishing?

    I'm a big time fisher and do some hunting occasionally. love saltwater fishing for red fish, trout, flounder, kings, spanish, ,and whenever the ocean permits, going offshore for red snapper, grouper, amberjack, and whatever else might bite my line. Just seeing if anyone else has the same interests.

  2. #2

    Licensed Bee Whisperer Beeman's Avatar


     

    Re: Anyone here like hunting or fishing?

    Opening weekend of Deer season has always been a tradition of ours. It's more of everything that goes along with it that's more fun, spending time with the family and all the cookouts. However, other than that just the occasional pheasant hunting and duck hunting thats it.

  3. #3

    Young Fish


     

    Re: Anyone here like hunting or fishing?

    Quote Originally Posted by Beeman View Post
    Opening weekend of Deer season has always been a tradition of ours. It's more of everything that goes along with it that's more fun, spending time with the family and all the cookouts. However, other than that just the occasional pheasant hunting and duck hunting thats it.
    Duck hunting is fun. been on a few trips to shoot ducks. I also look forward to opening day of deer seasons except it's usually in the 70s here when it opens. oh well, can't complain since i can basically fish all year.

  4. #4

    De nihilo nihil The Nothing's Avatar


     

    Re: Anyone here like hunting or fishing?

    Recognized you as an angler as soon as I saw your screen name.
    I've been known to fish as well

  5. #5

    Evolving Lead Puffer Fish ezlevor's Avatar


     

    Re: Anyone here like hunting or fishing?

    I do quite a bit of pheasant hunting. My dad's english setter is finally all trained and quite the hunting dog.

  6. #6

    Licensed Bee Whisperer Beeman's Avatar


     

    Re: Anyone here like hunting or fishing?

    Quote Originally Posted by Finchaser View Post
    Duck hunting is fun. been on a few trips to shoot ducks. I also look forward to opening day of deer seasons except it's usually in the 70s here when it opens. oh well, can't complain since i can basically fish all year.
    Haha, what I would give for it to be 70, we're usually walking through a foot of snow opening weekend.

  7. #7

    Young Fish


     

    Re: Anyone here like hunting or fishing?

    Quote Originally Posted by The Nothing View Post
    Recognized you as an angler as soon as I saw your screen name.
    I've been known to fish as well
    gotta show my support for fishing through my screen name =p. What kind of fish are you holding in your avatar?

  8. #8

    Young Fish


     

    Re: Anyone here like hunting or fishing?

    Quote Originally Posted by Beeman View Post
    Haha, what I would give for it to be 70, we're usually walking through a foot of snow opening weekend.
    Those deer sure don't like to move around when it's in the 70's though haha. We honestly only get around 3 weeks of good hunting here in Alabama. Deer don't even get into full rut until about the first week into January but deer seasons ends the end of January

  9. #9

    Licensed Bee Whisperer Beeman's Avatar


     

    Re: Anyone here like hunting or fishing?

    Quote Originally Posted by Finchaser View Post
    Those deer sure don't like to move around when it's in the 70's though haha. We honestly only get around 3 weeks of good hunting here in Alabama. Deer don't even get into full rut until about the first week into January but deer seasons ends the end of January
    I suppose. We've never had a problem with it being 70 lol, and I guess you can definitely say the deer sure do seem to like to move around here. Our family really likes deer sausage and we've been plagued with doe tags lately, so usually it's only about a few hours into opening weekend and we've all filled our tags. When we get a buck tag though, we run into the "problem" of having too many to choose from, always looking for something better lol.

  10. #10

    True Derelict Fuzzy's Avatar


     

    Re: Anyone here like hunting or fishing?

    I have fished most of my life. Not so much lately, due to health. Have fished from canal banks, flats and ocean boats, even did a few years fishing from a canoe and kayak. My favorite target has always been snook but tarpon, reds and trout are always great.

    As a youngin, I hunted almost anything available, wherever I was but always preferred wing shooting.. In later later years I did well at the trap, skeet and sporting clays.
    I don't always drink beer,,,
    OK, yes I do

  11. #11

    Evolving Lead Puffer Fish Just1ce's Avatar


     

    Re: Anyone here like hunting or fishing?

    I grew up doing a lot of fishing with my dad, but it has been many years since I have done much. I am hoping to get my own kids out to do some fishing within the next year or two. I have never been hunting yet, but I am hoping that my first deer season will be this year. I'm going to have to play it by ear, but as soon as I can get the hunter safety course under my belt and a hunting license, I plan to be out in the woods this fall.

  12. #12

    Puffer Fish with many spikes RayJax's Avatar


     

    Re: Anyone here like hunting or fishing?

    I grew up hunting and fishing.

    In highschool and then all through college I worked at a tackle shop and on several offshore boats for a living. It was awesome!

    After college when studying in grad school I worked at a firearms and hunting store!

    So not only do I enjoy it I literally lived it for several years of my life as well.

    Come August 15 I will be headed to family land in Allendale County South Carolina for opening day of deer season.

  13. #13

    Full grown Puffer Fish liquidicem's Avatar


     

    Re: Anyone here like hunting or fishing?

    We do a lot of fishing here. Freshwater only. We're a long way from the ocean in Minnesota. Lot's of walleye and bass fishing around here. A little hunter here and there as well. I've been contemplating picking up a nice bow more for the sport than hunting though.

  14. #14

    De nihilo nihil The Nothing's Avatar


     

    Re: Anyone here like hunting or fishing?

    Quote Originally Posted by Finchaser View Post
    gotta show my support for fishing through my screen name =p. What kind of fish are you holding in your avatar?
    It's a wolf eel.
    I prefer saltwater fishing too, but ours is VERY different than yours. Oregon coast.

    Wolf Eel again. Tasty, but at 5' long, this had only about 1lb of meat on it. Not going to bother keeping another. Of course, this was the first one I had caught in fishing this area for 3 years.


    Lingcod. The most wonderful, tastiest fish that you probably have never heard of.


    also tasty, the Cabezon.

  15. #15

    Young Fish


     

    Re: Anyone here like hunting or fishing?

    Quote Originally Posted by RayJax View Post
    I grew up hunting and fishing.

    In highschool and then all through college I worked at a tackle shop and on several offshore boats for a living. It was awesome!

    After college when studying in grad school I worked at a firearms and hunting store!

    So not only do I enjoy it I literally lived it for several years of my life as well.

    Come August 15 I will be headed to family land in Allendale County South Carolina for opening day of deer season.
    Wow working on a fishing boat must be fun. That'd be the kind of job where you'd look forward to going to work haha

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •