Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Faith restored

This is a discussion on Faith restored within the General Discussion forums, part of the Everything But Cigars category; If you read my post, http://www.puff.com/forums/vb/cigar-...-pleasure.html , You know I lost my herf-a-dor and favorite cutter. Not so much a ...

Faith restored

If you read my post, http://www.puff.com/forums/vb/cigar-...-pleasure.html, You know I lost my herf-a-dor and favorite cutter. Not so much a great monetary loss, but these were mine and were well used.

Just got a call from a stranger who happened upon my stuff. Glad I had a business card in the 'dor. This guy found my stuff in beautiful downtown Card Sound, right where I must have lost it. I wanted to meet up with this tourist, maybe buy him a drink and offer up a reward of a cigar or more. By luck or whatever, he has to return his rental car right near the swamp so we will meet tomorrow. I did tell him he could enjoy the two remaining cigars until we meet. His reply was that he would wait until the face to face which will take place at a cigar lounge. Never really randomly met a tourist I liked, so, This will be an uplifting meet.

Tourist season is in full swing even though you can not hunt them.
    I don't always drink beer,,,
    OK, yes I do

Re: Faith restored

Great ending to a sad story!

That must have brightened your day. That was very nice to call you to return it. Most people would have just taken it home.

No longer a community member.

WoW, not to often does that happen.

I'm a strong believer in Karma.

Yes, it's nice to encounter honest people (which are still in the majority, I believe).

Huge Puffer Fish packed with spikes brimy623's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bruck View Post
    Yes, it's nice to encounter honest people (which are still in the majority, I believe).
    Although we typically hear about the scum of the earth, I agree. @Fuzzy - hopefully he's a nice enough person that you enjoy the herf as well as his decent morality!
    Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail!!!

Resident Perdomo Whore Wicked_Rhube's Avatar

That is just great, awesome news.
    "... it has always been my rule never to smoke when asleep and never to refrain when awake." -Mark Twain

Always spread good karma and hope it goes viral.
    Gurkha is the main reason I have trust issues.

As a follow-up, a great day was had yesterday! Got my ten count, my favorite cutter and my nubber back. I keep them in the top of the tenner and try to keep a few cigars in the bottom, carried in my saddlebags. The tourist who returned them to me IS a great BOTL and I recommended he visit this site and join.

We drank like Derelicts, smoked like incinerators and had an all around good time. Sorry, no pictures of the event as it is tourist season and my favorite tourist did not want any publicity. We were both probably above the legal limit, too! He did promise to keep in touch in case we have a chance for another encounter.

Had I lost my stuff on the ride, the monetary value would have been around ten bucks. The nub was a gift and the herf-a-dor was a prize.

I don't always drink beer,,,
    OK, yes I do

That's awesome. You made a friend.

That is great story. Karma is a great thing and it is great to hear about good BOTL.
    Good people sleep peaceably in their bed at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf

Awesome! Great thread, Fuzzy!

that's so cool ......
    :
    Kitty Litter Convert #KL1245