Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Cats and Pipecleaners

This is a discussion on Cats and Pipecleaners within the General Discussion forums, part of the Everything But Cigars category; Did you already know? My Uncle Ben (not the rice man) demonstrated this to me in the 60's: cats like ...

Ask me why I dinged Black Mister Moo's Avatar

Cats and Pipecleaners

Did you already know? My Uncle Ben (not the rice man) demonstrated this to me in the 60's: cats like a (non-bristle) pipe cleaner to play with as much (or more) than anything else. Twist one or two up to look like a bug and toss it on the floor. These toys still end up under the stove and refridgerator, but at a penny a piece.

A single pipecleaner twisted into a ring works fine but the more they look like spiders the more action they get. Dark colors play best on light floors and vice versa.
    "But with a little bit of luck You'll run amok!"

Bob

Re: Cats and Pipecleaners

Quote Originally Posted by Mister MaDuroo View Post
    Did you already know? My Uncle Ben (not the rice man) demonstrated this to me in the 60's: cats like a (non-bristle) pipe cleaner to play with as much (or more) than anything else. Twist one or two up to look like a bug and toss it on the floor. These toys still end up under the stove and refridgerator, but at a penny a piece.

A single pipecleaner twisted into a ring works fine but the more they look like spiders the more action they get. Dark colors play best on light floors and vice versa.

Thanks for the tip! Lots of excitement and humorous action to be sure!!o
    IMAGINE

Ask me why I dinged Black Mister Moo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bob View Post
    Thanks for the tip! Lots of excitement and humorous action to be sure!!o
    There is no end to what we'll do for action at the M'oo household. Sometimes, when just coffee and a smoke isn't enough.... PIPECLEANERS & CATS! WAHHHHH-hooooooooo...
    "But with a little bit of luck You'll run amok!"

I'll have to try this one. We have a laser pointer that drives the cat and dogs nuts. The cat chases it, and the dogs try and bite it. It really gets em when you point it at the ceiling!
    [SIZE=3][SIZE=2]It's more about the journey than it is the destination.[/SIZE][/SIZE]

Elder Puffer Fish Leader kheffelf's Avatar

My cat will take the pipe cleaners out of the ashtray and play with them around the house for awhile. He is pretty funny because one is never enough for him, he usually has about three of them through the house
    When I hold you in my arms, And I feel my finger on your trigger, I know no one can do me no harm, Because happiness is a warm gun.
    - the Beatles

Evolving Lead Puffer Fish hyper_dermic's Avatar

my floors are LITTERED with pipe cleaners!!!
    i have 4 cats, 2 shelter rescues and 2 bengals.
    the 2 bengals are VERY energetic and VERY smart.
    I always give them a few to play with, but one day while i was out they decided they wanted the motherload..
    So they opened the tupperwear container i had the pipe cleaners in, and proceeded to tear the bag apart and spread them around the house.

Imagine coming home to 300 pipe cleaners all over the floors..
    Now i have the cleaners locked in an old cigar box.. they have been trying to get into the box, but havnt figured out the latch yet. with these bengals its only a matter of time, so i put a few more boxes on top of it.

i have probably spent hundreds of dollars on cat toys as the bengals have a habit of DESTROYING any toy they get their paws on.
    by far the toys the love the most are the cheapest toys.
    Fav toy #1 Coffee stirrer. thats good for atleast 30min of kitty enjoyment
    Fav toy #2 pipecleaner they have been at these things for weeks now
    Fav toy #3 pipecleaner on a string... make the pipe cleaner run and dance and they go absolutly insane.
    These cats NEED to hunt or get start destroying things around the house... i guess its the Asian Lepord Cat blood in them. Mr. pipecleaner on a string has saved my house!

-hyp

Evolving Lead Puffer Fish trogdor's Avatar

Pipecleaners are great. When I was a kid, the cat was smart enough to play fetch with them. I'd throw it down the stairs, he'd chase after it, "kill" it, and bring it back to me.

Our cat's 2 favorites are pipe cleaners and those little fuzzy pom pom things that my girls seem to have and endless supply of. While it's great entertainment to watch him play with them, it never lasts long because they always end up under a cabinet or dresser. He just lays there staring at all the toys that are just out of his reach under there.

He will play fetch with the pom poms, but after a while he doesn't quite bring them all the way back - he starts dropping them just out my reach, and looks at me like he can't understand why I won't play anymore...

Quote Originally Posted by hyper_dermic View Post
    and 2 bengals.
    the 2 bengals are VERY energetic and VERY smart.
    -hyp
    threadjack on

I've been wanting to get a bengal kitten for a while now, preferably a marble snow. Know any breeders in the NY area??

threadjack off, with apologies to the Moo man

Elder Puffer Fish Leader taltos's Avatar

Another great toy is the plastic ring from a milk or juice container. The cats react as they would to a pipe cleaner but there is no wire involved and no fuzzy stuff for them to swallow or litter the house with.

Paul
    Til the end like a friend stands by you again,
    And I wouldn't change a thing.

Quote Originally Posted by fireman43 View Post
    I'll have to try this one. We have a laser pointer that drives the cat and dogs nuts. The cat chases it, and the dogs try and bite it. It really gets em when you point it at the ceiling!
    Don't you guys have TV?
    CigarGal aka Marianne

Why not? Shameless plug for my book. Here!

Quote Originally Posted by CigarGal View Post
    Don't you guys have TV?
    Can't torment the tv.

Evolving Lead Puffer Fish hyper_dermic's Avatar

Actually yes, im in NJ.. the breeder i use is "aluren" she does mostly show cats.. so shes expensive... but she does have plenty of pet quality bengals.. ive gotten both mine from her... last time i was there she has marbled snows, but that was a year ago.. her stock is always changing.... check her websight.. and shoot her an email for updates.... www.aluren.com
    (a little tip, save up double and buy 2 of them.. they NEED a high energy partner to play with otherwise they get in trouble/terrorize the other cats.. after i got the 2nd bengal, balence was restored to the household.)
    Quote Originally Posted by ResIpsa View Post
    threadjack on

I've been wanting to get a bengal kitten for a while now, preferably a marble snow. Know any breeders in the NY area??

threadjack off, with apologies to the Moo man