Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

The main drawback to country livin'

This is a discussion on The main drawback to country livin' within the General Discussion forums, part of the Everything But Cigars category; Tops the list. Been a problem since we moved here over 20 years ago. Makes me want to literally bust ...

SvilleKid

Angry The main drawback to country livin'

Tops the list. Been a problem since we moved here over 20 years ago. Makes me want to literally bust someone in the head with a baseball bat.

I'm talking about the sorry #%$@^ SOBs that can't handle their own pet problems, and deal with them by dropping their animals off in someone else's neighborhood.

Many of the animals we have kept over the years have been ones that people drop off, and that find their way to our house. There is a simple rule that dictates if an animal has a chance to stay, or if it is moved along to the shelter. I have dogs, cats and horses. The rule is that every animal has to get along with the others. That means dogs don't chase cats, dogs don't bother horses, cats get along with each other, and cats don't hiss and slap at dogs.

Things have been going pretty well over the last several years. Generally running 6 to 8 cats (all were drop-offs or offspring of drop-offs), three dogs (two were drop-offs) and currently one horse (sorry, we purchased the horse!). Dogs don't chase cats or horses, cats get along fine. Dogs, after 4 years, still are wusses about deer moving in woods at night, still have to go running to the edge of the ravine, barking.

Well, tonight, we have two new dogs, not by choice. Both look to have a little pitt bull in their faces, but not much, with one having the body color of a blue tick hound, and a heavier face with definite bull dog in the jaws. The other is almost a twin to a brown mixed breed hound dog that we have had for 5 years. Both the new dogs appear to be in good condition, and both are friendly to people, but they are both chasing the cats and barking at the horse, which make both the cats and the horse pissed, resulting in several claw marks on my arm and back tonight!

Both dogs are female, and I would not be the least bit surprised if they were pregnate, though they do not appear to be at the moment, and they both act like they are 4 to 6 months old.

The thing that really pisses me off is that I will be the one that has to take these dogs to the pound, will have to listen to my wife and daughter's misery knowing they will probably be put down, and I will have to pay a fee for them, just because some sorry, no-good, low-down scumbag purporting to be humanoid is too sorry to take care of his own problems!

Some people are not worth the lead it would take to make them assume room temperature.

Sorry for the rant, had to let it out. Can't find the ashants that drop off the animals, which is probably a good thing, as it is probably the reason I'm not in jail for busting someone up!
    Last edited by SvilleKid; 03-01-2007 at 01:06 AM.

Re: The main drawback to country livin'

you just gave me my new Sig line sweet. Oh and ya that sucks. Got a friend who has that happen all the time. Hes actully made decent money on the side selling the pets that show up. like 50 bucks a dog, that kind of thing. has 3 dogs, 2 cats and a horse that he keeps the rest get put up for sale or sometimes gives em to the families.

real men drive Flat Sixes
    Quote Originally Posted by SvilleKid View Post
    Some people are not worth the lead it would take to make them assume room temperature.
    I live life like i race, Wide Open throttle until you see god, then BRAKE!

Humans should suffer the same fate they put their animals through...
    Dave...
    Smoke what *YOU* like,like what you smoke

Growing up with dogs, they were pets and pets lived outside. Now, I have little Boston Terriers and they are more family members in my house hold...and they are pretty much treated like that...to the point of taking over my side of the bed! Since these dogs have been part of our lives, I have come to be thankful for the heart of these dogs and that they are truely mans best friend. Anyone who takes advantage of animals who cannot take care of themselves should be beaten.
    "While smoking a cigar, we are in the presence of eternity...the smoke drifts gently heavenward on its quest to combine with the great eternal oneness." - Prince Sined Yar Maharg Love Jimmy

Not Here

Quote Originally Posted by 68TriShield View Post

People that abuse animals are some of the worse scum there is.
    And IMO dropping them off on the side of the road is the same as any other abuse.
    Thankfully there are some of us that will take them in our homes/shelters so that they may have a chance at the life they deserve.
    BIA!!!

I hate that. The worst is when somebody dumps out a bunch of puppies at the dumpster near my parents' house. I mean WTF is wrong with you?
    getting on with it

Elder Puffer Fish Leader txdyna65's Avatar

Thanks for the rant, and I wouldnt even call it a rant, you have a very valid b****. I too live in the country and put up with the same thoughtless acts.

Word.

Vodka is food....who's hungry?

You're welcome, Dave.

Are ya through, have ya had a good rant at the top of your lungs, did you get it out of your system?

Now fergetta bout it, cause it ain't worth the aggravation it causes a great fella like you to have to be burdened with those other bastages' inhumanity. Just keep on doin what your doin and if ya need any help just give a holler. Karma baby, karma....what goes around comes around..one f%#kin way or another.
    Still hefing after all these years......

I'm with you. Old Yeller should be required viewing for all prospective pet owners. With all privileges come responsibilty. I am in no way in favor of indescriminant killing of animals but if you have an animal and can't take care of it yourself and can't find someone to take it on as there own take it to a shelter or better yet a breed rescue and give it to someone is willing and able to take care of it. Abanadonning an animal on the side of the road somewhere is the lowest form of cowardice.
    Hanlon's Razor: Never attribute to malice that which can be adaquately explained by stupidity.

Come on, isn't it the job of all you rural folks to be depositories for unwanted pets? You've got all that land, and you always need extra dogs/cats/birds/fish, right? At least that's how we learn it in suburbia.

Seriously though, in the minds of some of these people, the thinking is that dropping the dog/cat/bird/fish off in a rural or farm setting will save it from being euthanized at the pound. Unfortunately, that's usually where they end up anyway.

But I cannot for the life of me imagine how anyone puts the animal in the car, drives 30 miles, pulls over, opens the door, lets the animal out, and drives away. Makes me want to cry just thinking about it.

---------------
    [SIZE="1"]How to remove images from posts, avatars, and signature lines: [/SIZE][SIZE="1"]CLICKY[/SIZE]
    [SIZE="1"]When life gives you lemons - grab the tequila and the salt.[/SIZE]

Sorry about that. I just didn't know what else to do with them, and since I know you have a history with this sort of thing...

Since we're on the subject, I have a neighbor lady who feeds all the feral cats in the area, which essentially attracts ever increasing numbers of said cats, who subsequently come and pee on my back porch when they are not busy loudly breeding. I'm thinking maybe what you need over there is something to keep those dogs occupied...

IHT

i agree, but not for the reasons you want to hear about.
    i'm a huge supporter of "the right to die" laws of oregon.
    "To be second guessed, you have to be the first guesser."

Evolving Lead Puffer Fish oddball's Avatar

It sounds like you're pissed, but your actions show that you and your family are caring folks who will take in strays and go through the troubles of dealing with the ones you can't keep. Not too many people like you and yours.
    Under that grouchy exterior is a heart of gold
    "Information doesn't kill you"- Frank Zappa

Quote Originally Posted by oddball View Post
    It sounds like you're pissed, but your actions show that you and your family are caring folks who will take in strays and go through the troubles of dealing with the ones you can't keep. Not too many people like you and yours.
    Under that grouchy exterior is a heart of gold
    The only reasons he keeps the cats around in the first place is because they keep the mice population down (what about the rights of the mice!?!?) and they serve as lap warmers in the colder weather when he is smoking a cigar outside. Well, he actually keeps them around for another reason, too. A laser pointer combined with a cat can mean hours of surprisingly good entertainment.

Oddball, you might think he has a heart of gold, but he and my oldest sister were coming back from college one time and came across a little black terrier-mix mutt in a ditch in the middle of nowhere. They brought it back and it became my dog. Unfortunately, they named the thing Darlin'. I have to ask, would a guy with a heart of gold give his little brother a dog named Darlin' in a neighborhood of dogs named Cleo, Scout, Nick and Blue?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast