Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Page 19 of 1257 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 69 119 519 1019 ... LastLast

Tonights Smoke II - FOR PIPES

This is a discussion on Tonights Smoke II - FOR PIPES within the General Pipe Forum forums, part of the Pipe Smokers Forums category; I had Haddo's Delight, Haddo's Delight and Haddo's Delight............... damnit...

Elder Puffer Fish Leader Mad Hatter's Avatar

Re: Tonights Smoke II - FOR PIPES

I had Haddo's Delight, Haddo's Delight and Haddo's Delight............... damnit
    MOO spelled up-side-down and backwards is OOW

Young Puffer Fish

Ok, I give up. What does "DGT" mean?
    re: MC2010
    as in "This flake is the standard by which I judge most Virginias. 2010 has a nice, sweet taste without the addition of a topping, it ages with excellence, like a fine Virginia should, and it only gets better as you work your way down to the bottom of a bowl. I assume this would be an excellent candidate for your DGT effect, though I must admit I am too impatient to bother with the experiment."

Huge Puffer Fish packed with spikes wharfrathoss's Avatar

got an order in today, so i was busy

PS lux lullseye flake-sorta bland, too mild for me
    FMATP-1st syrian latakia blend, different, still sorta mild
    HH vint syrian-nice & smoky but sorta mild
    GH brown twist sliced-yep, that's what i was lookin' for

i'm not giving up on any of the 1st 3 yet, maybe try adding something or earlier in the day
    There's nothing so bad in life that it can't be made worse by a lousy cigar.

Evolving Lead Puffer Fish JacksonCognac's Avatar

Been busy the past couple days, having some Frog Morton along with a rum and coke.
    The two eleven mark, based on the medival symbol for steel, appears only on Steel ReserveĀ® high gravity lager. We use nearly twice the ingredients of many normal lagers & brew for over twice as long as many quality beers.

cain't spell Laphroaig

Plumcake with the Cassano Luca, in the 48F garage whilst sipping Whidbey's, a delightful local port, and giggling my way through a phone call with a fine BOTL two time zones away... I {heart} the miracle of modern communication technology!
    [SIZE=4]WWJoanD? "[/SIZE][SIZE=4]I have NUBbed CigarGal. And it was good.[/SIZE][SIZE=4]" ---[/SIZE][SIZE=4]Joan
    [/SIZE]

Moo-ism translator, Esq

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Smoker View Post
    Ok, I give up. What does "DGT" mean?
    Delayed Gratification Technique.

Smoke some of the bowl and then let it go out for a period of time...30 minutes to 3 days, depending on whateverthehellyoufeellike. Then come back and light 'er back up. This allows the unsmoked tobacco to get stoved a bit, maybe meld some, maybe smooth out (depends on the tobacco, something you can learn to your tastes from experience).

In general you'll find that many VA's will smooth and darken, maybe loose their bite. VA/Pers may very well darken and get spicier Perique. Burleys can get downright "punch you in the gut" fuller. personally I don't care to do this much with aromatics heavy Latakia blends.

Try it have some fun

bugger, I almost forgot ----- smoking Affordable's Guy's navy Blend tonight...2 bowls 2 bowls 2 bowls full
    Reserved for future use....

Puffer Fish with some spikes

I've got some two month old EMPI haven't sampled since I got it (and it tasted like garbage) so here's hoping it turns out better tonight! I think I'll smoke it in my first ever pipe, a simple basket straight bulldog.

cain't spell Laphroaig

Quote Originally Posted by EvanS View Post

Smoke some of the bowl and then let it go out for a period of time...30 minutes to 3 days, depending on whateverthehellyoufeellike. Then come back and light 'er back up.

Try it have some fun
    Just don't be tossing that half smoked pipe in the bottom of your purse without a cap... your lipstick will collect it all and turn vaper grey, and you'll make an ash of yourself cursing a blue cloud while dumping your bag full of sooted items out on the conference room table. DAMHIK!!
    [SIZE=4]WWJoanD? "[/SIZE][SIZE=4]I have NUBbed CigarGal. And it was good.[/SIZE][SIZE=4]" ---[/SIZE][SIZE=4]Joan
    [/SIZE]

Quote Originally Posted by EvanS View Post

Smoke some of the bowl and then let it go out for a period of time...30 minutes to 3 days, depending on whateverthehellyoufeellike. Then come back and light 'er back up. This allows the unsmoked tobacco to get stoved a bit, maybe meld some, maybe smooth out (depends on the tobacco, something you can learn to your tastes from experience).

In general you'll find that many VA's will smooth and darken, maybe loose their bite. VA/Pers may very well darken and get spicier Perique. Burleys can get downright "punch you in the gut" fuller. personally I don't care to do this much with aromatics heavy Latakia blends.

Try it have some fun
    Thanks for the info Evan. I will have to remember this and give it a try this weekend.

[SIZE=1]How is my day going........either or [/SIZE]

I am trying to decide what to smoke now.. Maybe chocolate flake...
    Scott

For cigar reviews, news and more: http://www.cigarchoice.net

Frog Morton in the cheapy briar. Smoked maybe 1/2 a bowl abit ago while on a truck break !! Gonna do the other 1/2 tonight after karate.

I might try some Dunhill Nightcap later tonight, just have to see how it goes.

Evolving Lead Puffer Fish smokinmojo's Avatar

I had a bowl of 2015 in a Pipa Croci. Then had a bowl of 1792 in a Peterson bulldog. That added up to a great afternoon. (or 3807)

IHT

mojo, oddly enough, i almost had both last night...

have only had a montecristo club so far today... i'm out of butane, need to order some more Lava, down with the matches, which sucks while driving.
    "To be second guessed, you have to be the first guesser."

Finished up that other 1/2 of Frog Morton on the way home !!

No longer a community member.

Looks like Im going to have some Mellow Moonshine tonight.