Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Page 413 of 1257 FirstFirst ... 313 363 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 463 513 913 ... LastLast
Results 6,181 to 6,195 of 18845

Tonights Smoke II - FOR PIPES

This is a discussion on Tonights Smoke II - FOR PIPES within the General Pipe Forum forums, part of the Pipe Smokers Forums category; G&H Dark Birdseye for the ride to work man I am digging on that one... My first ever bowl of ...

Re: Tonights Smoke II - FOR PIPES

G&H Dark Birdseye for the ride to work man I am digging on that one...

My first ever bowl of Squadron Leader on the ride home.. Glad I got a LB of this now

and while jarring up todays loot I threw some of the newly arrived G&H Dark Flake Scented into the Meer,,, OK NOW I understand the lakelands LOL I really think I like it though
    Mike

Puffer Fish with some spikes Garin's Avatar

I started off with (what else?) a flake: this time Erinmore. Later on, I had a nice big bowl of my newly-acquired bulk MM 965. At first I thought, "hey, this isn't 965!" It seemed quite different, and not ... Dunhillish. But then as the bowl developed, I realized that:

1) it has been several months since I finished my last (and first) tin of 965, so even if it was identical I may not necessarily recognize it. Since that time many of my English-types have been periqued (Nightcap, FMotB), or SMM which I remember immediately thinking was quite different from the 965 when I started it. These may have skewed my memory.

2) even if it is different, it's so good that I don't care.

Puffer Fish with many spikes Diodon nepheligina's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mbearer View Post
    My first ever bowl of Squadron Leader on the ride home.. Glad I got a LB of this now
    Mike
    Squadron Leader is one of my favorites. In addition enjoying it on its own merits, it has the added bonus of being my A#1 wife repellent. She hates the pouch aroma and the scent of a burning bowl.

I try to be a good, understanding husband most of the time and lend an ear to my wife's daily troubles. But there are times when I just don't have it in me to listen to the same droning problem that she doesn't want solved. Sometimes I can just nod my head occasionally and utter a "mmm hmmm" while concentrating on a nice bowl of Tilbury or Stonehaven. But there are times when I need to load up some Squadron Leader and make that droning sound fade away like the wisps of smoke rising from the pipe.

But i digress...Golden Glow will be followed by Red Rapparee this pleasant evening. Red Rap is one of the Mrs.' favorites.
    "When I was younger I could remember anything, whether it happened or not. " ~Mark Twain

University Flake in A sav bulldog. not sure about it yet.
    Would rather have one and not need it, Than need one and not have it.

3P in a meer, Later my usual Grey Havens in a churchwarden.

how are you liking that G&H dark birds eye mbearer. I thought bout ordering some till I saw SG FVF was availbe for purchase heheh
    troy

Quote Originally Posted by laloin View Post
    how are you liking that G&H dark birds eye mbearer. I thought bout ordering some till I saw SG FVF was availbe for purchase heheh
    troy
    I am enjoying it and added a lb of it to the last order of 1792 (last one for a bit I swear.. 4.5 lbs will hold me for a bit)

Scored a lb of FVF too that I just jarred up today. Still haven't tried it yet but I have only heard great things. In another month or two I will open up the one tin I have left to try it out.
    Mike

Full grown Puffer Fish

mac baren mixture in a pete rosslare 408 and a pete flame grain 05.
    later this evening anni kake in a pipa croci

Quote Originally Posted by laloin View Post
    troy
    I agree with Mike, delicious stuff for sure. Reminds me of a rope, but in a much easier to smoke form (I still love ropes).

I don't have quite as much, but I'd like to stock up on it.

Quote Originally Posted by mbearer View Post
    I am enjoying it and added a lb of it to the last order of 1792 (last one for a bit I swear.. 4.5 lbs will hold me for a bit)

Scored a lb of FVF too that I just jarred up today. Still haven't tried it yet but I have only heard great things. In another month or two I will open up the one tin I have left to try it out.
    Mike
    4.5 lbs of 1792? Geeze, I'm jealous.

If anything, FVF will seem mild compared to your normal smokes. Awesome stuff though.
    “While you smoke, rub the bowl occasionally along the side of your nose. Briar has an affinity for your natural oils.” -My cellar.-

holy smokes, 4.5 lbs of the stuff, wow mike, your really stocking up hehhe, got any of the bird's eye for me to sample mike?
    troy

This evening I had a bowl of Stonehaven in a dedicated MM Diplomat corncob followed by a bowl of GL Pease Union Square in another MM Diplomat corncob and the flavors were so so very good. Earlier this evening I picked 3 more fat red tomatoes from my vines; they are still producing. I plan to give these to my neighbor who always gives me great limes from his trees. I topped off these smokes with an ice cold glass of "Guinness Draught" brew and this was another great pipe event.

Tambo/Velvet 50/50 mix.
    “While you smoke, rub the bowl occasionally along the side of your nose. Briar has an affinity for your natural oils.” -My cellar.-

I'm treating myself to a bowl of FVF as a reward after going through the painful and monotonous chore of jarring up a pound of FVF. Yeah, it was miserable work. I can't understand why I was giggling the whole time...

Quote Originally Posted by MarkC View Post
    I'm treating myself to a bowl of FVF as a reward after going through the painful and monotonous chore of jarring up a pound of FVF. Yeah, it was miserable work. I can't understand why I was giggling the whole time...
    What did you think of the new batch?
    I thought it was pretty damn good.
    That's why I bought a metric buttload
    to put away for the loooong haul.

I haven't smoked any of the new yet, but the aroma is jawdropping!