Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Page 440 of 1257 FirstFirst ... 340 390 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 490 540 940 ... LastLast
Results 6,586 to 6,600 of 18845

Tonights Smoke II - FOR PIPES

This is a discussion on Tonights Smoke II - FOR PIPES within the General Pipe Forum forums, part of the Pipe Smokers Forums category; Dark Star....

Re: Tonights Smoke II - FOR PIPES

Dark Star.

Sampling some Stoney I have had Jarred for a few months to see hows its progressing---pretty smooth...
    ViVat Jesus!

Quote Originally Posted by gibson_es View Post
    That's a damn good question... right neo its ugly americans, just watched 3 futuramas. But the ugly american epidsode I have already seen. So I set out to go smoke. But before I could get up my phone started dying. So im going o let it charge a bit first...
    I ended up flipping over to Adult Swim and watching Family guy. It was the Bill Clinton episode. Lots of unintentional retrohaling.

Tried some SG Squadron Leader for lunch.

Pretty darn good. Getting better at the pipe now.

#1 McClelland apologist Contrabass Bry's Avatar

I have been smoking what is decribed as "Old Gowrie" on the label, but I a bit confused...

Descriptions vary greatly about it's appearance and constituent tobaccos. Ready rubbed, broken flake...

My tin description reads: Rich red Virginia flake.
    I've also seen: Full Dark Virgina Flake.

Mine doesn't look particularly dark. I do pick up on some slightly plummy flavor I assume is the Perique and also some essence of malt. It can be quite pointed (tingle on the tongue, Perique-like fashion) and bright. My favorite part of this tobacco is the way it consistently develops as the bowl progresses. Quite delicious.

Having tried this and Marlin Flake, I can see their similarities. I have yet to try HOTW.

This one's a keeper, I'd just like to make sure I will be getting the same thing when I order the 500g bag. Does my description sound like other's experience with this tobacco?

Elder Puffer Fish Leader indigosmoke's Avatar

The OG I sampled was a medium colored blend, not very dark. From your description it seems like you are having the same smoking experience with OG as I did. As for HOTW, give it a try. An excellent blend IMO.
    “The value of tobacco is best understood when it is the last you possess and there is no chance of getting more.” - Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by TXsmoker View Post
    I ended up flipping over to Adult Swim and watching Family guy. It was the Bill Clinton episode. Lots of unintentional retrohaling.

Lol. I should have done the same. I didn't even look. I just turned the television off and started reorganizing my bigger humidor.

Smoked my last pipe full of SG St James Flake tonight and poured the crumbs from the pouch into my "Forever Blend". The Forever Blend is a tin that I pour the remains of English and Vaper tins when I get down below a pipe full. I keep it at smoking moisture and dip into it occasionally. Sometimes it is exceptional.

Limerick earlier while watching an old Basil Rathbone Sherlock Holmes movie The Green Woman. Good times.
    The world is a better place when the Buffalo Bills are winning.

Quote Originally Posted by Nachman View Post
    Smoked my last pipe full of SG St James Flake tonight and poured the crumbs from the pouch into my "Forever Blend". The Forever Blend is a tin that I pour the remains of English and Vaper tins when I get down below a pipe full. I keep it at smoking moisture and dip into it occasionally. Sometimes it is exceptional.
    This is a good idea... I might have to adopt it.

Dorchester in my Nording.
    The world is a better place when the Buffalo Bills are winning.

Exhausted Rooster avec delayed gratification method
    I gave in, and admitted that God was God.

LJ Heart Burley in a MM Great Dane egg followed by Marble Kake in a Sav 804ks this morning. This was my first time with these blends and both contributed to a great lazy start to the day. I am really liking these Hearth&Home blends, good stuff they are.

Potentate of Meerschaum Granger's Avatar

Smokezy Buttered Rum. Years go I had some excellent buttered rum, so now I try the various blends people sell. I like Smokezy tobaccos but you must smoke them in a Meer, they are a bit wet.
    ...have I ever mentioned that I smoke Meers and love Sugar Barrel?

Puffer Fish with many spikes Diodon nepheligina's Avatar

Exhausted Rooster tonight.
    "When I was younger I could remember anything, whether it happened or not. " ~Mark Twain