Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Page 5 of 1257 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 55 105 505 1005 ... LastLast

Tonights Smoke II - FOR PIPES

This is a discussion on Tonights Smoke II - FOR PIPES within the General Pipe Forum forums, part of the Pipe Smokers Forums category; Haddo's Delight breaking in the Tinsky sitter and then Virginia Woods in a Savinelli Deluxe....

Re: Tonights Smoke II - FOR PIPES

Haddo's Delight breaking in the Tinsky sitter and then Virginia Woods in a Savinelli Deluxe.
    But real men--real men prefer their women like pipes. They knock them gently and care for them always. No man shares his pipes!!!

IHT

Quote Originally Posted by Joan View Post
    Those Quintero's are actually pretty good! I'm interested to hear how it smokes when you're done with it.
    for a cheap cuban, it'll blow away any expensive non-cuban in flavor and price (in my opinion of smoking a large amount of various cuban cigars and a couple handfuls of the expensive non-cuban cigars - yes, i was a cuban only smoker for a few years before coming back to pipes).
    i went through a couple boxes of Quinteros in my days, and they were always excellent - even more so when you factor in their cheap price (box o' 25 for under $55 back then).
    my familiarity with them and the JLP Cazadore is why i bought them. i almost grabbed a Fonseca Delicias as well.
    ---
    smoking some Three Nuns in the Stanny billiard, drinking some hefe weizen before we head out to dinner.
    "To be second guessed, you have to be the first guesser."

Quote Originally Posted by IHT View Post
    for a cheap cuban, it'll blow away any expensive non-cuban in flavor and price (in my opinion of smoking a large amount of various cuban cigars and a couple handfuls of the expensive non-cuban cigars - yes, i was a cuban only smoker for a few years before coming back to pipes).
    i went through a couple boxes of Quinteros in my days, and they were always excellent - even more so when you factor in their cheap price (box o' 25 for under $55 back then).
    my familiarity with them and the JLP Cazadore is why i bought them. i almost grabbed a Fonseca Delicias as well.
    Wow! I've had a few, and all have been nothing short of abysmal. Upmann Coronas Majors are my go-to CC, but they are a bit more expensive at ~$4 a piece. I was on a big CC kick as well until I found Pepin cigars last year - different, but equally enjoyable IMO.

Haven't had Escudo in a while, so I'll probably have a bowl with a glass of Blanton's and see how that goes.
    http://www.clubstogie.com/vb/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=6114&dateline=1204429  725

Full grown Puffer Fish hunter1127's Avatar

Peretti's Dundee in Seville bent
    Going to Hell in a Bucket, baby...at least I'm enjoying the Ride

Young Puffer Fish

Ten to Midnight in a Savenelli Bent
    Decaf English Breakfast Tea

cain't spell Laphroaig

Quote Originally Posted by IHT View Post
    ---
    smoking some Three Nuns in the Stanny billiard, drinking some hefe weizen before we head out to dinner.
    Excellent! Thanks!
    [SIZE=4]WWJoanD? "[/SIZE][SIZE=4]I have NUBbed CigarGal. And it was good.[/SIZE][SIZE=4]" ---[/SIZE][SIZE=4]Joan
    [/SIZE]

Elder Puffer Fish Leader Mad Hatter's Avatar

A bowl of Midnight Ride in a small Stanwell to close the evening.
    MOO spelled up-side-down and backwards is OOW

Pipeworks & Wilke Nut Brown Burley, followed by Escudo, followed by SG Chocolate Flake. I was disappointed with the Chocolate Flake, as it had an extremely artificial taste, no detectable Latakia, and left a bad taste in my mouth. Perhaps smoking three bowls over a 3 hour period was to blame. I'll give the Chocolate Flake tomorrow night with a fresh palate.
    http://www.clubstogie.com/vb/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=6114&dateline=1204429  725

Puffer Fish with some spikes

Had some christmass cheer (2007) in a cob, along with a few bowls of local blends, and some 965.

Quote Originally Posted by worr lord View Post
    Pipeworks & Wilke Nut Brown Burley, followed by Escudo, followed by SG Chocolate Flake. I was disappointed with the Chocolate Flake, as it had an extremely artificial taste, no detectable Latakia, and left a bad taste in my mouth. Perhaps smoking three bowls over a 3 hour period was to blame. I'll give the Chocolate Flake tomorrow night with a fresh palate.
    I always found SG Chocolate Flake to taste the best as a first pipe of the day after my palate has rested.

SG FVF
    A bad day hunting or fishing is better than a good day at work.

Tonight I am having Boswells Premium Burley. I expect a new order to show up any day now, so some new stuff soon!

IHT

finally got off work and back to the hotel @ 10:30pm... fun, now a quick pipeful of Escudo, then to bed so i can get a few hrs sleep before i head back to work at 6:45.
    "To be second guessed, you have to be the first guesser."

Nothing for me tonight... I have a shitty head cold/flu thing. I opened a tin of Frog Morton & couldn't even smell it, so the lid went back on.

My second bowl of the sample Rich at 4noggins sent of his Catamount blend. It's not as bad as I might have been led to believe after all the things I've heard about cherry blends.

JAK
    Full grown Puffer Fish

I just popped the lid on my first tin of escudo, and it smells AMAZING. I can't wait to fire this up. I will follow that with some Rich's Balkan Supreme.

Page 5 of 1257 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 55 105 505 1005 ... LastLast