Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Page 722 of 1257 FirstFirst ... 222 622 672 712 713 714 715 716 717 718 719 720 721 722 723 724 725 726 727 728 729 730 731 732 772 822 1222 ... LastLast
Results 10,816 to 10,830 of 18845

Tonights Smoke II - FOR PIPES

This is a discussion on Tonights Smoke II - FOR PIPES within the General Pipe Forum forums, part of the Pipe Smokers Forums category; mmmmmmm,...

Huge Puffer Fish packed with spikes BlackandGold508's Avatar

Re: Tonights Smoke II - FOR PIPES

mmmmmmm,

I can only assume Jim hasn't checked in here tonight because he passed out in a beer and tobacco fueled golf watching marathon

Ennerdale followed by Bob's Chocolate Flake in the LePeltier.

I survived! Just finishing the post mortems on TGChannel with a bowl of PA and now off to bed. Tomorrow will be some round!!
    Vegetarian -- that's an old Indian word meaning "lousy hunter". -- Andy Rooney

LOL. Glad you're enjoying yourself

Young Puffer Fish

It was a wonderful bowl packed with Esoterica Stonehaven tonight. Provided by Adam (yet again).

This evening I had a bowl of SG Skiff Mixture in a Straight Large Handmade Imported Briar Bulldog followed by a bowl of SG FVF in a Straight Tall Rusticated Dr. Grabow Starfire. The Skiff Mixture was especially delicious this evening; MarkC had alluded to Skiff being a stronger version of Squadron Leader and dang-it he is right-I never made the connection. My FVF was nicely dried out and it seems to be better a little dry; it followed the Skiff so well. I topped off these smokes with an ice cold mug of "Guinness Draught" brew and I had a wonderful evening.

Enjoying a bowl of Solani ABF on a beautiful night.
    ********.com

I finally got around to opening that tin of Bayou Morning Flake. Someone had as their sig line something like "a man who checks his watch while smoking a pipe is doing it wrong.". How true! I was in too big of a hurry and didn't let the fresh-from-the-tin BMF dry enough, so it smoked a little wet. And while smoking, I was busy putting my order in to P&C, checking my online cellar to see what I needed, trying to figure out something to order for the pipe lottery, flipping back and forth, trying to get together enough for free shipping, mindlessly puffing...and before I knew it, my pipe was empty. I know I didn't hate it, and I think I like it, but I honestly didn't pay enough attention to really give an opinion! I'd like to have some more (and pay more attention this time!), but it's fairly high in nicotine and I don't think I'm up for another bowl of it. Maybe something light and simple.....I'm thinking a little PA sounds good right now. And I'll slow down and enjoy it

GLP Montgomery in a Stanwell Golden Danish 139.
    ********.com

All this talk of FVF today has gotten me in the mood. FVF in my own handmade cutty/dublin-like pipe creation.

The FVF I smoked was...a little weird. I enjoyed it, but it had an odd tartness to it. My guess is that my pipe had either started to sour or perhaps just had some weird ghost, so the Falcon is getting the salt alcohol treatment tonight. I'll give the FVF another go tomorrow in another pipe.

Tonight, it's University Flake in the Dr. Grabow Big Pipe. I've smoked almost the whole tin; there's maybe two bowls left in the jar. It's smoking quite well tonight. I found Uni Flake somewhat boring at first, but it's growing on me.

Addendum - BRAINSTORM! It's only just occurring to me now that I'm smoking Uni Flake. I think I was tasting a ghost of Uni Flake's plum topping in that FVF earlier!
    Last edited by gahdzila; 04-11-2012 at 10:29 PM.

This evening I had a bowl of Cairo in a Straight Hexagonal Polar followed by a bowl of Stonehaven in a Straight Large Handmade Imported Briar Bulldog. This evening I was digging thru my stash and came up with the Cairo; I really love the citrus tingling I get on my tongue when smoking this blend-it was delicious. The Stonehaven was in excellent form this evening with its smooth delicious flavors yielding 11/2 hours of additional enjoyment. The Stonehaven transition so well from my earlier Cairo. I topped off these smokes with a small glass of brandy and I had a wonderful relaxing evening.

I had some Squadron Leader that needed to be smoked and yes, this is as good as ever.
    Refuses to remain the Droid they were all looking for.

Full grown Puffer Fish Thirston's Avatar

A late night bowl of Royal Yacht in a Sav Poker.

Last night, I filled my Peterson Sherlock Holmes with Peterson University Flake. This is a bige pipe, and I was kinda tired last night and didn't quite finish it. Tonight, I topped off the half full pipe with 5 Brothers, smoked it most of the way down, then topped it with HH Highland blend. A DGT parfait!