Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Page 812 of 1257 FirstFirst ... 312 712 762 802 803 804 805 806 807 808 809 810 811 812 813 814 815 816 817 818 819 820 821 822 862 912 ... LastLast
Results 12,166 to 12,180 of 18845

Tonights Smoke II - FOR PIPES

This is a discussion on Tonights Smoke II - FOR PIPES within the General Pipe Forum forums, part of the Pipe Smokers Forums category; 1. ProbateGeek 2. The Mad Professor 3. Dr. Plume 4. El wedo del milagro 5. 36Bones 6. DanR 7. gahdzila ...

Re: Tonights Smoke II - FOR PIPES

1. ProbateGeek
    2. The Mad Professor
    3. Dr. Plume
    4. El wedo del milagro
    5. 36Bones
    6. DanR
    7. gahdzila

I'll be working Saturday, so at most I'll have maybe two pipes all day. But I'm in.

Deviant Gentleman The Mad Professor's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ProbateGeek View Post
    Perhaps I should post something similar in the morning/evening pipe threads, see if we can drum up more participants - safety in numbers, ya know...
    Good idea, then we'll get some of those belligerent morning pipe codgers to join us! Those cigar guys are brutal - barbaric even! I had to fend LOB off today from destroying my entire zipcode!

I'll have some pics to share... and I'll have to work on a couple of good yarns as well: "so there I was, pipe in hand..."

Oh yeah, and I had some Frog Morton Cellar tonight for the first time - not bad at all for a lat blend. Now I gotta figure out who/what I'm voting for tomorrow State-wise and locally.
    The Mad Professor's Pipes Page.................. .................My modest TobaccoCellar....................................Product Design Portfolio(shameless plug)

A Squid founder, retired ProbateGeek's Avatar

Here it is, going on the morning and afternoon threads, as well:

In this election week a growing number of us pipe nuts are planning on reaching out to our brothers across the aisle – the cigar/pipe aisle, that is - this Saturday 11/10/12. We will do this primarily by posting our usual morning/afternoon/tonight piping details over on a very much frequented cigar thread “What are you smoking right now? (III)”, currently at post # 20,259 (sheez! That’s a lot of cigars!). We are hoping both to rib our cigar buddies a little and to invite a few others to try our slope for a while, if they be so interested.

For best effects, we intend to include lots of juicy photos/pics of pipes and, especially, pipe tobacco in all its glorious forms. The photos can be our own or “borrowed” from elsewhere on the interwebs. I know it was eventually the photos of some gorgeous flakes that got me finally heading out to my local tobacconist to pick up my first cobs and beginner tobaccos. We are planting seeds only – their insatiable love of the cigar leaf will certainly lead a few of them into our inner sanctums (sancta?), and once here - they are goners.

So far, those participating are:

1. ProbateGeek
    2. The Mad Professor
    3. Dr. Plume
    4. El wedo del milagro
    5. 36Bones
    6. DanR
    7. gahdzila

Feel free to add your name to the list. Should be at the very least interesting to see the reactions (“What the hell are these guys doing over here?!?”), and could be quite fun.

Additional ideas/recommendations welcome. Here's a link to a fresh thread about this: What WE are smoking!
    Last edited by ProbateGeek; 11-06-2012 at 01:24 AM.
    1792 Flake was first produced in 1830, exactly 139 years before man walked on the moon. Coincidence?

Puffer Fish with many spikes Blue_2's Avatar

Union Square in a Peterson 303

Puffer Fish with some spikes Baron_Null's Avatar

B&M Boss' Blend in my MM CG.

I discovered something tonight. I tried smoking a cigar earlier tonight, and I just couldn't do it. I don't like cigars anymore. Huh.

Enjoyed a bowl of GLP Caravan tonight in my Radice Silk Cut Dublin. I've noticed that with my taste buds impaired, the nuances of straight Virginias are tough for me to pick up, but latakia? I can taste that just fine. The Radice is the first of my "nice pipes" that I've used for anything other than Virginias; the blasted bowl was just too big for Virginias anyway. It took two flakes of FVF to fill the darn thing!
    ********.com

Puff's Resident Evil Dr. Dr. Plume's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MarkC View Post
    Enjoyed a bowl of GLP Caravan tonight in my Radice Silk Cut Dublin. I've noticed that with my taste buds impaired, the nuances of straight Virginias are tough for me to pick up, but latakia? I can taste that just fine. The Radice is the first of my "nice pipes" that I've used for anything other than Virginias; the blasted bowl was just too big for Virginias anyway. It took two flakes of FVF to fill the darn thing!
    Yeah if I have a cold or anything can't pick up Virginia's but man do I love them. I know how you feel though my generals each will suck down two flakes when fully packed. I went for the squad leader while watching the election.
    "The pipe gives a wise man time to think, and a fool something to stick in his mouth." My puny cellar http://www.tobaccocellar.com/Dr.%20Plume

Alright I did it thanks to all the shannigans on the forum. I bought some 1792 and am ready to get my butt wooped when I deem the flakes dry enough. Picked up some grousemor also stuff smells so weird to me and I can't identify it.
    "The pipe gives a wise man time to think, and a fool something to stick in his mouth." My puny cellar http://www.tobaccocellar.com/Dr.%20Plume

I hope you aren't planning to stuff your General full with two flakes of 1792

Disillusioned Freethinker AStateJB's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by gahdzila View Post
    I hope you aren't planning to stuff your General full with two flakes of 1792
    Is it that potent? If so I may have to try it!
    Hangin' out with Friends

Quote Originally Posted by AStateJB View Post
    Is it that potent? If so I may have to try it!
    Yeah, it's pretty strong. I'd rank it right up there with Royal Yacht, maybe even stronger. Close to Irish Flake but perhaps not quite that potent.

that would be the lakeland your smelling. I would suggested you smoke grousemoor in a cob. otherwise your brair gonna take like a bed of flowers for awhile hahhaha

Grousmoor has its own fresh cob. Yes I was planning on a general full lol not really start with Great Dane then general.

Smoked the 1792 in a Great Dane after finding out one of my coworkers threw out the tobacco I ws drying Fvf on a counter t work despite me telling them not to touch it. Oh well wont do that again. As for the 1792 not bad very bold tobacco didn't feel anything too bad from nic stand point but I see why cigar smokers love it. Having had about 4 stogies in the past 3 years that's not a huge draw for me in a tobacco. However it was a nice change of pace and can see myself smoking more late night with a scotch in hand. Def not in the daily rotation though. I did make the mistake of retrohaling a huge puff which sent me hacking like a drunk with a chest cold.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Plume View Post
    Smoked the 1792 in a Great Dane after finding out one of my coworkers threw out the tobacco I ws drying Fvf on a counter t work despite me telling them not to touch it. Oh well wont do that again. As for the 1792 not bad very bold tobacco didn't feel anything too bad from nic stand point but I see why cigar smokers love it. Having had about 4 stogies in the past 3 years that's not a huge draw for me in a tobacco. However it was a nice change of pace and can see myself smoking more late night with a scotch in hand. Def not in the daily rotation though. I did make the mistake of retrohaling a huge puff which sent me hacking like a drunk with a chest cold.
    I revisit the 1792 on occasion, but I've never been a big fan. I keep thinking maybe one day it'll strike a chord?

Tonight I'm enjoying a sample of Pembroke that Desertlifter sent me. I really like this blend! Esoterica does such a good job with the English blends, naturally. I will be adding this one to my rotation soon.