Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Page 813 of 1257 FirstFirst ... 313 713 763 803 804 805 806 807 808 809 810 811 812 813 814 815 816 817 818 819 820 821 822 823 863 913 ... LastLast
Results 12,181 to 12,195 of 18845

Tonights Smoke II - FOR PIPES

This is a discussion on Tonights Smoke II - FOR PIPES within the General Pipe Forum forums, part of the Pipe Smokers Forums category; Well, I've turned into a pipe hobbyist. Imagine that! I've taken to this Snus thing quite happily. Had a bit ...

Awaiting Confirmation karatekyle's Avatar

Re: Tonights Smoke II - FOR PIPES

Well, I've turned into a pipe hobbyist. Imagine that! I've taken to this Snus thing quite happily.

Had a bit of RY today while chugging along on the O Chem report.

Puffer Fish with some spikes Baron_Null's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by karatekyle View Post
    Had a bit of RY today while chugging along on the O Chem report.
    I find homework much more tolerable if I do it while smoking a pipe. Makes me feel like a true scholar.

PA in my MM Pony.

A Squid founder, retired ProbateGeek's Avatar

A little Royal Yacht in the RoboCob.

1792 Flake was first produced in 1830, exactly 139 years before man walked on the moon. Coincidence?

Nightcap in the MM Freehand

Union Square in a Stanwell Golden Danish 83
    ********.com

Deviant Gentleman The Mad Professor's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ProbateGeek View Post
    A little Royal Yacht in the RoboCob.
    Nice pipe, I love it!

Had some LNF on the way into teaching tonight, and some EMP on the way home. Gotta use up that open LNF - I want to dive into the aged stuff this weekend!
    The Mad Professor's Pipes Page.................. .................My modest TobaccoCellar....................................Product Design Portfolio(shameless plug)

Puffer Fish with some spikes Fraze's Avatar

Had my first rope last night (sweet rum twist) and my first scotch flake aro.

Quote Originally Posted by Fraze View Post
    Had my first rope last night (sweet rum twist) and my first scotch flake aro.
    Aaaaaand?

Too sweet? Too strong? Just right?
    “While you smoke, rub the bowl occasionally along the side of your nose. Briar has an affinity for your natural oils.” -My cellar.-

scotch flake are was good, but more subtle than I thought.

twist was pretty good but also pretty strong. I need more practice on how to effectively get the baccy from rope to pipe, I think I packed too tight first time around.

scotch flake are was good, but more subtle than I thought.

twist was pretty good but also pretty strong. I need more practice on how to effectively get the baccy from rope to pipe, I think I packed too tight first time around.
    Thin twist ropes (or any rope for that matter)? I just slice off thin disks with a sharp knife or single edged razor blade and just drop them in unbroken. Try Black Bogie, my personal favorite of this type. Strong, but very rich and cool smoking.

Yet another bowl of Kendal Flake in my faithful Alco.
    "Never keep up with the Joneses. Drag them down to your level." - Quentin Crisp

Black Bogie? Is that a GH rope? I've never seen it on this side of the pond. We've got Brown Bogie, Brown Irish X, Black Irish X, Sliced Brown, Sliced Black, and a few flavored ones (sweet rum, black cherry, coconut...maybe one or two more?).

Quote Originally Posted by gahdzila View Post
    Black Bogie? Is that a GH rope? I've never seen it on this side of the pond. We've got Brown Bogie, Brown Irish X, Black Irish X, Sliced Brown, Sliced Black, and a few flavored ones (sweet rum, black cherry, coconut...maybe one or two more?).
    Yep - a GH rope. Basically the same as Brown Bogie but cooked longer which smooths it out a bit. There is also Black Bogie XXX which is the same but a thicker rope. There are aromatic versions of both Brown and Black Bogie which I haven't tried as yet. I'll give one of them a spin on my next order (won't be long) and report back. They also do a Black Bogie Rum which sounds nice. We also have Plain and flavoured pigtail - Rum, aniseed, toffee, vanilla, cherry and maybe a couple of others. I've tried the vanilla and didn't rate it. Really more suited to chewing. Tried that again recently and it was as vile as I remembered.

Nice (sort of) to have a tobacco in the UK that you can't get in the US for a change. Loads of the tobaccos I hear talked about are not available here, particularly the more interesting boutique ones. But I bet someone will come in and show a ready supply in the US...

Quote Originally Posted by steinr1 View Post
    Thin twist ropes (or any rope for that matter)? I just slice off thin disks with a sharp knife or single edged razor blade and just drop them in unbroken. Try Black Bogie, my personal favorite of this type. Strong, but very rich and cool smoking.

Yet another bowl of Kendal Flake in my faithful Alco.
    I cut it into discs and then basically rubbed it out. Let it dry for a while, and then tried to rub it out again to break it down.

It seems like it would be tough to keep lit in disc form?

I cut it into discs and then basically rubbed it out. Let it dry for a while, and then tried to rub it out again to break it down.

It can be a little tough to keep lit no matter what you do!

My two words of wisdom for smoking ropes (& Tambo): 1. Cut it as thin as possible 2. Smoke it very dry

YMMV
    “While you smoke, rub the bowl occasionally along the side of your nose. Briar has an affinity for your natural oils.” -My cellar.-

The disks tend to break up a bit, but I don't do this intentionally. Basically smokes like stuffed flake - slow and cool. I've got a bit of it left and some nicotine headroom. I'll give it a go in my Ropp Baby Corona - a miniature Churchwarden (Prince style bowl) less than 6 inches long with a thimble sized bowl. Ideal for this stuff.