Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Page 814 of 1253 FirstFirst ... 314 714 764 804 805 806 807 808 809 810 811 812 813 814 815 816 817 818 819 820 821 822 823 824 864 914 ... LastLast
Results 12,196 to 12,210 of 18784

Tonights Smoke II - FOR PIPES

This is a discussion on Tonights Smoke II - FOR PIPES within the General Pipe Forum forums, part of the Pipe Smokers Forums category; Originally Posted by steinr1 The disks tend to break up a bit, but I don't do this intentionally. Basically smokes ...

Re: Tonights Smoke II - FOR PIPES

Quote Originally Posted by steinr1 View Post
    The disks tend to break up a bit, but I don't do this intentionally. Basically smokes like stuffed flake - slow and cool. I've got a bit of it left and some nicotine headroom. I'll give it a go in my Ropp Baby Corona - a miniature Churchwarden (Prince style bowl) less than 6 inches long with a thimble sized bowl. Ideal for this stuff.
    Nearly, but didn't quite finish the tiny bowl in time to edit the original post. Left as disks and quite moist. Some of it always gets teased out a bit on top and that helped it light (which takes a while - two or three long lights) but it then burned through to the very end without incident. Tamped down quite hard. Pipe cleaner run a few times down the stem at the start as things got wet. Don't know if this is normal, but with this and stuffed flake, I find that the bowl smolders only in a corner but eventually works its way around bit by bit. A bit of work to keep it going properly a few times and it got a quite hot towards the very end, but that's pretty much inevitable with so little wood in the bowl.

BIG head rush from the Vitamin N!! This stuff does pack a punch. Only about ten minutes or so on the go, but feels like a lot more. It'll take a few hours before anything else can be attempted. Love the raw tobacco flavours you get with these ropes; less than the Brown Bogie, but still a big feature.
    "Never keep up with the Joneses. Drag them down to your level." - Quentin Crisp

Get a cigar cutter for the ropes and twists.

Vegetarian -- that's an old Indian word meaning "lousy hunter". -- Andy Rooney

Puffer Fish with some spikes Fraze's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by freestoke View Post

Used my Xikar cutter on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Fraze View Post
    Used my Xikar cutter on it.
    Now I'm REALLY glad I didn't post that helpful link to the $2.30 cutter on Amazon.

My first newbie trade was with Xodar, who aced me out with some Penzance and 1792 as kickers on his end of the trade. Now I'm giving advice on how to carve a plug to somebody with a professional toolkit containing a Xikar. So what's with the X's?
    Vegetarian -- that's an old Indian word meaning "lousy hunter". -- Andy Rooney

Puffer Fish with some spikes Fraze's Avatar

Yeah but professional tools don't make a professional smoke, at least not thus far for this noob.

seems practice and time are the best tools for the pipe hobby/habit.

Puff's Resident Evil Dr. Dr. Plume's Avatar

Squad leader in the sham
    "The pipe gives a wise man time to think, and a fool something to stick in his mouth." My puny cellar http://www.tobaccocellar.com/Dr.%20Plume

Quote Originally Posted by freestoke View Post
    Just cut a few snips using a twin blade cutter and it's absolutely ideal. Argument settled.

Why didn't I think of this before? Doh! I'd award RG for this but find I've done so recently and can't.

I'm rounding off the night with Louisiana Flake in a small Ropp Paneled Billiard.

Enjoying some Sextant in my McCarter Natural Billiard. I really must take a nice picture of this pipe when the sun is out. It is coloring up so nicely! By far, one of my best smoking and most beautiful looking pipes!!

enjoy a bowl of AK in my Bulldog 2nd pipe, while reading the forums

Clampsmoquero Latakius Vituscan's Avatar

Black House in a Worobiec Gdanska.

WOROBIEC GDAŃSKA by GoerzDagor, on Flickr
    Credo quia absurdum!

Breaking in my new churchwarden with some Dark Bird's Eye.
    While you smoke, rub the bowl occasionally along the side of your nose. Briar has an affinity for your natural oils. -My cellar.-

Third straight bowl of Irish Oak in the Falcon. Delicious!

Puffer Fish with some spikes Baron_Null's Avatar

Carter Hall in my MM CG followed by FVF in my MM Pony. Mmm.

Deviant Gentleman The Mad Professor's Avatar

Tried out Dunhill Nightcap for the first time tonight, in my MM Legand... I must say latakia blends are growing on me. First PZ, then FMC, now Nightcap... what is happening to me?! Planning to try MM965 on the next order.
    While its not an all day thing for me, lately I get the urge for a lat blend for either first in the morning or last of the evening. My VAs and VaPers are getting jealous of the attention!
    The Mad Professor's Pipes Page.................. .................My modest TobaccoCellar....................................Product Design Portfolio(shameless plug)