Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Page 817 of 1257 FirstFirst ... 317 717 767 807 808 809 810 811 812 813 814 815 816 817 818 819 820 821 822 823 824 825 826 827 867 917 ... LastLast
Results 12,241 to 12,255 of 18845

Tonights Smoke II - FOR PIPES

This is a discussion on Tonights Smoke II - FOR PIPES within the General Pipe Forum forums, part of the Pipe Smokers Forums category; Field Master/Starfire 81...

Removed per request

Re: Tonights Smoke II - FOR PIPES

Field Master/Starfire 81
    Name:  $T2eC16h,!zQE9s3suFzJBQ(7Yygbpg~~60_57 (1).JPG
Views: 88
Size:  34.5 KB
    Last edited by Kevin Keith; 11-11-2012 at 07:32 PM.

My cat's Chief of Staff El wedo del milagro's Avatar

I just finished a bowl of FVF I started earlier. It wasn't enough, so I packed a bowl of PA.

Everything is good in my world now!

peterson's holiday season 2012.......I just can't stop smoking it but I will try something else tonight

Clampsmoquero Latakius Vituscan's Avatar

Raining C&D (cats & dogs) here tonight. Seattle Pipe Club Plum Pudding in a Pete Mark Twain rusticated and a wee dram of Glenmorangie.

DJ_Pete_Mark Twain_Rusticated_11.11.2012 by GoerzDagor, on Flickr
    Credo quia absurdum!

Clifford has been singing praises for Peterson's Irish Oak the past few days, so I decided to give it another shot. Something didn't click with me the first time I tried this blend, but it's hitting on all cylinders tonight. Unfortunately, I don't have much left. Just enough to spice up the next pile of Paper Plate Potpourri.

Quote Originally Posted by DanR View Post
    Clifford has been singing praises for Peterson's Irish Oak the past few days, so I decided to give it another shot. Something didn't click with me the first time I tried this blend, but it's hitting on all cylinders tonight. Unfortunately, I don't have much left. Just enough to spice up the next pile of Paper Plate Potpourri.
    Irish Oak was a revelation the first time I smoked it. To me it's a wonderful blend, and one that rivals Irish Flake in my rotation for amount consumed.
    Never trust anyone over 30.

When I first tried IO, I liked it, but it didn't really rock my world. The more I smoked it, the more I liked it. I almost reached for it again tonight, but decided to finish off the jar of C&D Big n Burley in the Lorenzo churchwarden.

A Squid founder, retired ProbateGeek's Avatar

Gonna try again with the Solani 660: Silver Flake.

If I recall, it bit me pretty hard last time I smoked it.
    1792 Flake was first produced in 1830, exactly 139 years before man walked on the moon. Coincidence?

sipping on a bowl of LNF in my Sav Mr. G straight billard. Good yummy smoke

Quote Originally Posted by ProbateGeek View Post
    Gonna try again with the Solani 660: Silver Flake. If I recall, it bit me pretty hard last time I smoked it.
    No bite this time, but I found it a little harsh. But then again, I'd been smoking Royal Yacht all day, which is a tough act to follow. I ended up not finishing the bowl, and instead refilled with PPP (not the Peterson blend), which in my case was about equal parts KK and RY.
    1792 Flake was first produced in 1830, exactly 139 years before man walked on the moon. Coincidence?

Deviant Gentleman The Mad Professor's Avatar

Busy afternoon. We went to DT Disney with my family (my mother, brother and his two girls), so I busted out the Happy Bogie. I knew I'd only get an intermittent minute or two to smoke while there, and that I'd need the vitamin N to put up with all the damn kids and their a--hole parents!

I ran out of the Happy Bogie pretty quick unfortunately, so after leaving the park, having dinner w/ the fam, and finally putting the little guy to bed, I needed some RY to end the evening.
    The Mad Professor's Pipes Page.................. .................My modest TobaccoCellar....................................Product Design Portfolio(shameless plug)

This evening I had a bowl of Gawith Hoggarth Unscented Brown Flake in a Large Freehand shaped like an antique wood golf driver followed by a bowl of Dunhill Royal Yacht in my Sherlock Holmes #2. My smokes this evening really "hit the spot" and was so flavorful and delicious. The really odd thing for me is that for the last two months I have been craving stronger tobacco and this is very unusual for me. In the past I have craved lighter blends such as Hal of the Wynd, Marlin Flake, Old Growie, FVF, Stonehaven and some sweeter tobacco such as Maple Street and periodically stronger blends but I have done a flip-flop. This is the longest straight period of time that I have only wanted stronger tobaccos; tomorrow I will force myself to start out my evening smoke with a lighter blend and see where it takes me. I topped off these smokes with a small glass of brandy while listening to "Take Five"by Dave Brubeck.

Great music, Moe. Great drink, too. May I suggest you start tomorrow evening out with a few bowls of SG 1792 Flake?

And some Albert Ayler. Go nuts!

Having a bowl of FVF right now.
    ********.com

Quote Originally Posted by ProbateGeek View Post
    Great music, Moe. Great drink, too. May I suggest you start tomorrow evening out with a few bowls of SG 1792 Flake?
    Terry! It is interesting that you raised the question of SG 1792. I have had such a difficulty with this tobacco as far as consistency; sometimes it is great and sometimes not. In reference to strong tobaccos, I never have any problems with Tambolaka but not so with 1792. I had made a mental note to consult Jeff (Commonsenseman) on my problems, but for a long time until recently he has not posted; I thought that he was taking a break from us and I did not want to intrude, but I do need to figure out this tobacco.