Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Page 821 of 1257 FirstFirst ... 321 721 771 811 812 813 814 815 816 817 818 819 820 821 822 823 824 825 826 827 828 829 830 831 871 921 ... LastLast
Results 12,301 to 12,315 of 18845

Tonights Smoke II - FOR PIPES

This is a discussion on Tonights Smoke II - FOR PIPES within the General Pipe Forum forums, part of the Pipe Smokers Forums category; While driving into class tonight I finished the other half of the inaugural KK bowl in the new MM General, ...

Deviant Gentleman The Mad Professor's Avatar

Re: Tonights Smoke II - FOR PIPES

While driving into class tonight I finished the other half of the inaugural KK bowl in the new MM General, but was still stuck in traffic when that ran out, so also had a bowl of a no-name Virginia sample I was given by EDogg.
    The Mad Professor's Pipes Page.................. .................My modest TobaccoCellar....................................Product Design Portfolio(shameless plug)

I loaded a bowl of Stonehaven in the Pete Sherlock Holmes last night, but never got around to it...until now. Fantastic

Clampsmoquero Latakius Vituscan's Avatar

@Josh/AStateJB...Thanks for the kind words about the photo and the pipe!

@Andrew/Spud...Re: Balkan Sobranie being more readily available...I bought a couple of tins of BS when an email notification popped up from a vendor last February. Don't know what's up with it now. I think the BS may need 2-10 more years of age on it? It certainly isn't what it was when I smoked it many years ago.

Tonight along side of the wee dram of Laphroaig Quarter Cask and a Ninkasi Total Domination IPA I'm smoking a bowl of GL Pease Lagonda in a Mark Tinsky poker.

DJ_Mark Tinsky Poker by GoerzDagor, on Flickr
    Credo quia absurdum!

Quote Originally Posted by Latakius Vituscan View Post
    @Andrew/Spud...Re: Balkan Sobranie being more readily available...I bought a couple of tins of BS when an email notification popped up from a vendor last February. Don't know what's up with it now. I think the BS may need 2-10 more years of age on it? It certainly isn't what it was when I smoked it many years ago.
    First, I have serious pipe envy - that poker is gorgeous!

And thanks for reassuring me about the Sobranie. I haven't seen it available, although I really haven't been looking. I bought a few tins last year and had a little taster thanks to the guy who owned the dingy shop I bought them at, but I wanted to pick up a few more if they were easily found. At the time I know they were scarce - must still be the case.

I need to dig out a tin and see if there are any manufacturer marks on it - I honestly don't even know who's making/importing it. If I did, I could place a backorder and my shop would carry it.

Edit: Looks like it's Arango. I'll call them tomorrow!
    Never trust anyone over 30.

A Squid founder, retired ProbateGeek's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by szyzk View Post
    First, I have serious pipe envy - that poker is gorgeous!
    For me, it's the hat.

And getting to live in Sequim!
    1792 Flake was first produced in 1830, exactly 139 years before man walked on the moon. Coincidence?

had me a nice bowl of c&d exhausted rooster my first bowl in this old ehrlich I found at a thrift store and cleaned up.
    it worked fine and smoked great just heavy and well ugly

Deviant Gentleman The Mad Professor's Avatar

HOTW on the way home. I don't know about this stuff. I got a sample from MikeBJRTX in the Tobacco Share Thread, and I liked it at first but it seems to be flavorless and dull to me now. I got a couple bowls left though, so I'll keep experimenting with different pipes.
    The Mad Professor's Pipes Page.................. .................My modest TobaccoCellar....................................Product Design Portfolio(shameless plug)

A Squid founder, retired ProbateGeek's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Mad Professor View Post
    HOTW on the way home. I don't know about this stuff. I got a sample from MikeBJRTX in the Tobacco Share Thread, and I liked it at first but it seems to be flavorless and dull to me now. I got a couple bowls left though, so I'll keep experimenting with different pipes.
    HOTW is on my list to try - heard good things. Just never pulled the trigger on it. Keep us posted, Joe.
    1792 Flake was first produced in 1830, exactly 139 years before man walked on the moon. Coincidence?

Disillusioned Freethinker AStateJB's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by szyzk View Post
    I have serious pipe envy - that poker is gorgeous!
    Ditto!

DJ, you look liked you should be solving mysteries.
    Hangin' out with Friends

Puff's Resident Evil Dr. Dr. Plume's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ProbateGeek View Post
    HOTW is on my list to try - heard good things. Just never pulled the trigger on it. Keep us posted, Joe.
    Ditto
    "The pipe gives a wise man time to think, and a fool something to stick in his mouth." My puny cellar http://www.tobaccocellar.com/Dr.%20Plume

Evolving Lead Puffer Fish Andrewdk's Avatar

Burley in a McCarter billiard some SWR left on the plate with 3B for nic PA for flavour.
    The land of milk and honey, a safe haven and the last bastion of freedom - http://www.tobaccocellar.com/andrewdk

More Prince Albert. I seem to get on these runs now and then of smoking the same thing day after day until the mason jar runs dry. In the groove...
    ********.com

Removed per request

Quote Originally Posted by ProbateGeek View Post
    For me, it's the hat.

And getting to live in Sequim!
    Looks like Indiana Jones!

Getting in one more bowl before the sun goes down and it starts getting frigid. Some hot tea to drink and Chocolate Flake in the squat Kaywoodie Super Grain.

Puff's Resident Evil Dr. Dr. Plume's Avatar

Had a crappy night at work but am in awe of the pipe for being able to fix that. Took the new natural Washington cob bomb by mycroft for a spin with a 8 oz can of anni kake just opened today. Yum! Ash was so perfect just had to take a pic.

Natural pipe smoked so cool it was amazing.
    Got on metro and popped another fresh tin this time of fmotb also bombed by mycroft and it smoked just as well and matched the cool dark subtle mood I was in. Goodnight gents!
    "The pipe gives a wise man time to think, and a fool something to stick in his mouth." My puny cellar http://www.tobaccocellar.com/Dr.%20Plume