Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Page 829 of 1257 FirstFirst ... 329 729 779 819 820 821 822 823 824 825 826 827 828 829 830 831 832 833 834 835 836 837 838 839 879 929 ... LastLast
Results 12,421 to 12,435 of 18845

Tonights Smoke II - FOR PIPES

This is a discussion on Tonights Smoke II - FOR PIPES within the General Pipe Forum forums, part of the Pipe Smokers Forums category; Two bowls of Royal Yacht, pre-gumbo. More on deck for tonight, post-gumbo. Ah, my house is smelling REALLY good about ...

A Squid founder, retired ProbateGeek's Avatar

Re: Tonights Smoke II - FOR PIPES

Two bowls of Royal Yacht, pre-gumbo. More on deck for tonight, post-gumbo.
    Ah, my house is smelling REALLY good about now. T minus 20 minutes...
    1792 Flake was first produced in 1830, exactly 139 years before man walked on the moon. Coincidence?

My mom's coconut pie is legendary, Terry. Unfortunately, I doubt it would survive a trip cross country in a flat rate box.

Quote Originally Posted by gahdzila View Post
    My mom's coconut pie is legendary, Terry. Unfortunately, I doubt it would survive a trip cross country in a flat rate box.
    Oh man, I love coconut pie. How long is the drive from San Antonio to your house, Clifford???

I had a nice bowl of Red Ribbon before the feast, and my brother in law pulled out a few Cohibas for the post meal festivities. It was a good day!

Uh... I think I've got pumpkin pie leaking out of my navel.

But never fear - Royal Yacht to the rescue!
    1792 Flake was first produced in 1830, exactly 139 years before man walked on the moon. Coincidence?

Puff's Resident Evil Dr. Dr. Plume's Avatar

Yeah me too......and baked not for Yankees. First year in 10 I have missed my dads citrus brine turkey nothing better imo. However I did have thanksgiving dinner with 300 other ex pats in the American church of Paris. Great night and have another turkey day on Sunday. You guys really need to get hot wine in the states only thing that Americans should add to thanksgiving. Hot wine is wine heated up with fruit in it cinnamon added and tons of vodka in it. Super tastey and dangerous.
    "The pipe gives a wise man time to think, and a fool something to stick in his mouth." My puny cellar http://www.tobaccocellar.com/Dr.%20Plume

Just another work day for me; relaxing with a bowl of McClelland's No. 27. There's only about a bowl and a half left, and other than three cigars, this is all I've smoked since I opened the tin. I guess I'd better get more...
    ********.com

Since my belly did not, in fact, explode this evening, I thought I'd celebrate with a couple bowls of Irish Flake. The Savinelli Oscar has suddenly decided to smoke well this evening - still a wet smoker, but otherwise purring along just fine.

I feel a late night snack may be in order...

Quote Originally Posted by gahdzila View Post
    I am *STUFFED*. Deep fried turkey (baked turkey is for yankees
    Yankees do "stewed" turkey usually. They cover it in the oven when they roast it and want it "moist". Disgusting. Roasted is the way I like it, but you almost never see it any more. The white meat should be almost crumbly well done, and the gravy a deep brown instead of dark yellow. "Stewed" turkey, the one with the aluminum foil or the covered roasting pan goes with underdone green beans and pale mashed potatoes that contain only half as much butter as required. "LOT'S of butter!" -- Julia Child. Fortunately, turkey dinner had none of these defects this year.
    Vegetarian -- that's an old Indian word meaning "lousy hunter". -- Andy Rooney

My cat's Chief of Staff El wedo del milagro's Avatar

Just got back from taking the family to Taos to see a movie. We saw The Life of Pi. It was excellent. I gotta go find the book now.

Time for some Royal Yacht in the bent acorn. Kat's hounddog Maverick will keep me company.

Well the restaurant folded and my last day will be Tuesday. Tomorrow I will be brainstorming ideas for a new job but for now I will sit on the porch with a new found friend my meer. I love pipe tobacco for its many nuances but perhaps my favorite is matching blends to my mood. I don't mean oh I am in the mood for sweet so ill smoke this but rather I am rather calm and serene right now so I am going to smoke fmotb. I love what the can says because I feel as though the description resonates with my being right now. "Smooth dark and calming like the waters of the bayou. A relaxing Balkan blend." Make it a great night fellas.
    "The pipe gives a wise man time to think, and a fool something to stick in his mouth." My puny cellar http://www.tobaccocellar.com/Dr.%20Plume

Hate to hear that, Dave. Got any prospects for something else yet?

I'm still stuck at work.....thinking about having some nightcap later.

Well I have a degree in I.t. And am a certified English teacher so plenty of ideas but I have to land a job with an American company or work for myself as I have no French work visa we are here for my wife's masters degree. But no actual prospects yet.

Disillusioned Freethinker AStateJB's Avatar

Puffing on the first bowl of Smaug and I couldn't be more pleased with how it turned out!
    Hangin' out with Friends

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Plume View Post
    Well I have a degree in I.t. And am a certified English teacher so plenty of ideas but I have to land a job with an American company or work for myself as I have no French work visa we are here for my wife's masters degree. But no actual prospects yet.
    Sorry to hear that brother - you've had a run of it, haven't you? Good on you for keeping your chin up. You are a great guy - I'm sure that you will fall up, not down!
    Pro Patria Vigilans................... My tobacco cellar

Quote Originally Posted by Desertlifter View Post
    Sorry to hear that brother - you've had a run of it, haven't you? Good on you for keeping your chin up. You are a great guy - I'm sure that you will fall up, not down!
    Thanks man! Yeah all will be fine we planned on me not having a job and just watching the baby while we are here so having a job was a bonus of sorts. Ill find something!