Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Page 830 of 1257 FirstFirst ... 330 730 780 820 821 822 823 824 825 826 827 828 829 830 831 832 833 834 835 836 837 838 839 840 880 930 ... LastLast
Results 12,436 to 12,450 of 18845

Tonights Smoke II - FOR PIPES

This is a discussion on Tonights Smoke II - FOR PIPES within the General Pipe Forum forums, part of the Pipe Smokers Forums category; I enjoyed a nice mellow bowl of classic burly kake!...

Re: Tonights Smoke II - FOR PIPES

I enjoyed a nice mellow bowl of classic burly kake!

A Squid founder, retired ProbateGeek's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Plume View Post
    Thanks man! Yeah all will be fine we planned on me not having a job and just watching the baby while we are here so having a job was a bonus of sorts. Ill find something!
    Dave, I foresee more time to smoke in your near future!
    Plus, playing with babies is more fun than work, in my opinion.
    1792 Flake was first produced in 1830, exactly 139 years before man walked on the moon. Coincidence?

Puff's Resident Evil Dr. Dr. Plume's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ProbateGeek View Post
    Dave, I foresee more time to smoke in your near future!
    Plus, playing with babies is more fun than work, in my opinion.
    I could not agree more on both counts.
    "The pipe gives a wise man time to think, and a fool something to stick in his mouth." My puny cellar http://www.tobaccocellar.com/Dr.%20Plume

I just had two GIANT bowls of Royal Yacht in my dad's Fellini. They were, in a word, yummy.

Anyone know anything about Fellini pipes? I've found almost nothing about them available online.
    Last edited by ProbateGeek; 11-24-2012 at 03:31 AM.
    1792 Flake was first produced in 1830, exactly 139 years before man walked on the moon. Coincidence?

smoking my 2nd bowl of petersons holiday blend today

Quote Originally Posted by freestoke View Post
    They cover it in the oven when they roast it and want it "moist". Disgusting.
    Amen. I had one of those "moist" turkeys once. It kept triggering my gag reflex; I felt like I was eating raw meat.

Smoking an Oliva Serie V Double Robusto.

What? Hey, turnabout is fair play, right?
    ********.com

Okay, back to the pipe. I finished off the tin of No. 27 yesterday, but I wasn't ready for the aged McClelland feast to end, so I popped the top on the tin of Virginia Woods from 2006 that I got from R.J. Puffs in the tobacco lottery earlier in the year. Nothing coy about this smoke; half a bowl in, and I'm ready to order more!
    ********.com

Need to try that one too. They don't get s much attention as the frogs do in that series.
    "The pipe gives a wise man time to think, and a fool something to stick in his mouth." My puny cellar http://www.tobaccocellar.com/Dr.%20Plume

My cat's Chief of Staff El wedo del milagro's Avatar

I had my last bowl of Bob's Chocolate Flake on the way to work this morning.

:-(

I can't wait for the pound I ordered to arrive!

On a Balkan kick right now. Action shot for ya all.have a great night guys!

GH Curly Cut with 1/4 by volume Dunhill Navy Rolls added in my old Alco.

I'll be moving on to Louisiana Flake in some pipe or other later.
    "Never keep up with the Joneses. Drag them down to your level." - Quentin Crisp

Quote Originally Posted by freestoke View Post
    Yankees do "stewed" turkey usually. They cover it in the oven when they roast it and want it "moist". Disgusting. Roasted is the way I like it, but you almost never see it any more. The white meat should be almost crumbly well done, and the gravy a deep brown instead of dark yellow. "Stewed" turkey, the one with the aluminum foil or the covered roasting pan goes with underdone green beans and pale mashed potatoes that contain only half as much butter as required. "LOT'S of butter!" -- Julia Child. Fortunately, turkey dinner had none of these defects this year.
    First, my moist turkey is to die for. Enough sweet-cream, unsalted, sage-butter to kill an elephant stuck under the skin while roasting keeps the outside crispy and the inside perfect. Dry Turkey is for Jive Turkeys.

My blanched green beans with fresh garlic would make you weep. So would my roasted brussel sprouts.

The butter & fresh farm cream in my real mashed potatoes would kill a second elephant. Hope you like them slightly lumpy because I want to know that I'm eating potatoes, not chemically-bonded potato-like ingredients. Locally sourced heirloom or go home!

As far as gravy goes - dark yellow is a result of using the actual turkey drippings. Brown gravy is beef gravy, good for meatloaf but turkey ain't meatloaf.

Next you'll tell me that the carrots shouldn't be cooked in turkey drippings with a touch of cinnamon added, and stuffing can't have the holy trinity (celery, onion, green pepper) in it.

Jim, your war on Thanksgiving must come to an end!
    Never trust anyone over 30.

Quote Originally Posted by MarkC View Post
    Amen. I had one of those "moist" turkeys once. It kept triggering my gag reflex; I felt like I was eating raw meat.
    I'm going to freak out if you tell me that you like your NY Strips cooked beyond medium-rare.

Never trust anyone over 30.

I'm with Andrew on the above two posts, particularly regarding the brussel sprouts. Of course, that might not mean much coming from me, who made seafood gumbo for Thanksgiving...

Me too. How I brine mine to get a moist roasted turkey the best of both worlds.