Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Page 831 of 1257 FirstFirst ... 331 731 781 821 822 823 824 825 826 827 828 829 830 831 832 833 834 835 836 837 838 839 840 841 881 931 ... LastLast
Results 12,451 to 12,465 of 18845

Tonights Smoke II - FOR PIPES

This is a discussion on Tonights Smoke II - FOR PIPES within the General Pipe Forum forums, part of the Pipe Smokers Forums category; Originally Posted by Dr. Plume Me too. How I brine mine to get a moist roasted turkey the best of ...

Re: Tonights Smoke II - FOR PIPES

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Plume View Post
    Me too. How I brine mine to get a moist roasted turkey the best of both worlds.
    When I have time, brining (both turkey and chicken) is the only way to go!
    Never trust anyone over 30.

I'm watching you.

Bullseye Flake, yummmmmmm!
    "Only fine cigars are worth smoking, and only men who smoke fine cigars are worth kissing." -Joan Collins

Just tried my first bowl of peterson irish oak. Definitely going on the "will buy again" list. Very nice, woody and sweet. Went very well with my glass of John Powers Irish Whiskey.

Quote Originally Posted by zx7rider View Post
    Just tried my first bowl of peterson irish oak. Definitely going on the "will buy again" list. Very nice, woody and sweet. Went very well with my glass of John Powers Irish Whiskey.
    Oh, yeah! IO is good stuff! It took a little while for me to warm up to it, but once I did, I couldn't get enough of it.

I'm having some Billy Budd in a cob. I've really been craving Latakia lately, and BB is hitting the spot.

Sitting by the fire pit, enjoying a bowl of Holiday Spirit.

Quote Originally Posted by ProbateGeek View Post
    I'm with Andrew on the above two posts, particularly regarding the brussel sprouts. Of course, that might not mean much coming from me, who made seafood gumbo for Thanksgiving...
    Brussel sprouts are good!

Oyster casserole for Thanksgiving for me....
    Pro Patria Vigilans................... My tobacco cellar

Virginia Woods. I swear, Maybe my tastes took a sudden change and I've become a McClelland junkie, but this is some serious stuff. Reminds me slightly of Blackwoods Flake, but with more subtlety and complexity.
    ********.com

Puff's Resident Evil Dr. Dr. Plume's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by zx7rider View Post
    That's it I am going to go pick a tin up tomorrow now.
    "The pipe gives a wise man time to think, and a fool something to stick in his mouth." My puny cellar http://www.tobaccocellar.com/Dr.%20Plume

Quote Originally Posted by szyzk View Post
    When I have time, brining (both turkey and chicken) is the only way to go!
    All a bit off thread (love it), but clearly a kettle barbecue is the tool of choice for either. Christmas (Turkey Day in the UK) often has me out in the snow operating one.

Turkey is, IMHO, eaten mostly for the tradition rather than enjoyment. Difficult to cook correctly (modern breeds are the wrong shape to cook in any manner - too much breast) and just not THAT good. "Ridiculous in life; inedible in death" - Cassandra (Daily Mail columnist in the 40s-60s). Try to get the book of his collected memoirs under the eponymous title. Very funny indeed.
    "Never keep up with the Joneses. Drag them down to your level." - Quentin Crisp

Although my Vitamin N craving is largely satisfied by the amount of SG Chocolate Snuff I've been shoveling up my nose this morning, I'll choke down a bowl of Louisiana Flake in my Alco. The casing should go great with the snuff.

(It's only about 1:30 pm here - damn these awkward time zones. We should stick strictly to UTC timings in future.)

Disillusioned Freethinker AStateJB's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MarkC View Post
    Virginia Woods. I swear, Maybe my tastes took a sudden change and I've become a McClelland junkie, but this is some serious stuff. Reminds me slightly of Blackwoods Flake, but with more subtlety and complexity.
    Nothing wrong with that. I don't think I've ever smoked a bad McClelland...
    Hangin' out with Friends

Smoked some navy mixture in a new mm cob last night, no bad.

Quote Originally Posted by steinr1 View Post
    (It's only about 1:30 pm here - damn these awkward time zones. We should stick strictly to UTC timings in future.)
    It's always tonight somewhere, Robert.
    Vegetarian -- that's an old Indian word meaning "lousy hunter". -- Andy Rooney

Young Puffer Fish

I'm breaking in a new MM cherry hardwood pipe that I bought online recently. I've read mixed things about them, ranging from them being totally unsmokable to being nice little pipes for the price.
    I'll admit that my first bowl in it had a bit of a "varnish-y" taste, but it was bearable.
    I've been putting as much SWR through it as I can handle to try and build up a little cake in there, but quite honestly, I think the backlash these pipes get is a little over the top and I'm sure it can only improve with a bit of cake!

Dunhill Flake in a hideous orange and gold Jima.

I've banged on about these pipes before. They may look terrible but they smoke perfectly every time. Everyone should try one once - if they can bear the derision rightly heaped on their appearance.