Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Page 840 of 1257 FirstFirst ... 340 740 790 830 831 832 833 834 835 836 837 838 839 840 841 842 843 844 845 846 847 848 849 850 890 940 ... LastLast
Results 12,586 to 12,600 of 18845

Tonights Smoke II - FOR PIPES

This is a discussion on Tonights Smoke II - FOR PIPES within the General Pipe Forum forums, part of the Pipe Smokers Forums category; Finishing off the night (not long before I'd need to post this as a morning smoke) with Black Bogie in ...

Re: Tonights Smoke II - FOR PIPES

Finishing off the night (not long before I'd need to post this as a morning smoke) with Black Bogie in a tiny Yeco Junior. Just a thimble-full.
    "Never keep up with the Joneses. Drag them down to your level." - Quentin Crisp

About to finish the last of my St. James flake in my Tsuge.
    Now with 96.5% more Wub Wub! http://www.tobaccocellar.com/NikonNUT

Puffer Fish with some spikes Baron_Null's Avatar

Carter Hall, followed by a bowl of Prince Albert, and another bowl of Prince Albert, and yet another bowl of Prince Albert. All in my MM Mini Cob, so it's probably been the equivalent to a bowl and a half of tobacco overall for the night.

A Squid founder, retired ProbateGeek's Avatar

Irish Flake in my dad's McIntosch Royal Indian, which turns out to be not a bad flake pipe. Delicious - makes me want to order some, with a little University Flake for some variety.
    1792 Flake was first produced in 1830, exactly 139 years before man walked on the moon. Coincidence?

Quote Originally Posted by Shemp75 View Post
    Smoking Some Royal Yacht in my newly acquired Peterson System pipe (Thanks Terry!!)
    The 'baccy looks good, and the Peterson ever better. I hope is smokes well for you, Shemp - apart from the size, it's a very nice pipe.
    1792 Flake was first produced in 1830, exactly 139 years before man walked on the moon. Coincidence?

Caravan in my meer. I think this puppy needs deep cleaning again. I tell you, if briars needed cleaning as often as meers, I'd smoke a lot less...
    ********.com

Puff's Resident Evil Dr. Dr. Plume's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MarkC View Post
    Caravan in my meer. I think this puppy needs deep cleaning again. I tell you, if briars needed cleaning as often as meers, I'd smoke a lot less...
    How often and what do you do to clean your meer?
    "The pipe gives a wise man time to think, and a fool something to stick in his mouth." My puny cellar http://www.tobaccocellar.com/Dr.%20Plume

Had one of my favorite smokes last night, while playing my favorite game.

A mix of half Tambo, half Half-n-Half, while playing Hitman Absolution.

I think I'll call that blend "Half-n-Half-n-Half".
    “While you smoke, rub the bowl occasionally along the side of your nose. Briar has an affinity for your natural oils.” -My cellar.-

Nice, Jeff. Last night I mixed Half-n-Half with Five Brothers, calling it, of course, Two-and-a-Half Brothers.

Quote Originally Posted by ProbateGeek View Post
    Nice, Jeff. Last night I mixed Half-n-Half with Five Brothers, calling it, of course, Two-and-a-Half Brothers.
    They say that great minds think alike
    “While you smoke, rub the bowl occasionally along the side of your nose. Briar has an affinity for your natural oils.” -My cellar.-

Quote Originally Posted by commonsenseman View Post
    I'm with that. Now, whether that actually applies to us is a prospect that might legitimately be questioned. . .

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Plume View Post
    How often and what do you do to clean your meer?
    I haven't kept track of how often, I just do it when the tobacco starts tasting a bit off and rough. All I do is swab out the shaft with an alcohol soaked pipe cleaner. I've heard some say you shouldn't use alcohol on a meer, but I know people who have smoked 'em for years that do it, so I went with it. Then I clean the bowl out the best I can. Not that involved, I guess, but I'm lazy!

By the way, the Virginia Woods went out today; I forgot that you were in France and I actually had to go to the post office!
    ********.com

Puff's Resident Evil Dr. Dr. Plume's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MarkC View Post
    I haven't kept track of how often, I just do it when the tobacco starts tasting a bit off and rough. All I do is swab out the shaft with an alcohol soaked pipe cleaner. I've heard some say you shouldn't use alcohol on a meer, but I know people who have smoked 'em for years that do it, so I went with it. Then I clean the bowl out the best I can. Not that involved, I guess, but I'm lazy!

By the way, the Virginia Woods went out today; I forgot that you were in France and I actually had to go to the post office!
    Thanks a lot! Really looking forward to smoking something with age on it for once. Yep I am here across the world for now. Though I do miss the states sometimes. Yeah I had heard cleaning a meer with anything less than 50 percent is fine. I have been using scotch on mine quite frequently.
    "The pipe gives a wise man time to think, and a fool something to stick in his mouth." My puny cellar http://www.tobaccocellar.com/Dr.%20Plume

Quote Originally Posted by commonsenseman View Post
    However, completion of that particular bon mot rather changes the sense of it... (and I'm sure wouldn't apply here.)
    "Never keep up with the Joneses. Drag them down to your level." - Quentin Crisp

Quote Originally Posted by steinr1 View Post
    However, completion of that particular bon mot rather changes the sense of it... (and I'm sure wouldn't apply here.)
    Robert, I think the "fools seldom differ" part is found in British English only. At least, I never heard it growin' up in the great State of Texas!