Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Page 863 of 1257 FirstFirst ... 363 763 813 853 854 855 856 857 858 859 860 861 862 863 864 865 866 867 868 869 870 871 872 873 913 963 ... LastLast
Results 12,931 to 12,945 of 18845

Tonights Smoke II - FOR PIPES

This is a discussion on Tonights Smoke II - FOR PIPES within the General Pipe Forum forums, part of the Pipe Smokers Forums category; ...

Puff's Resident Evil Dr. Dr. Plume's Avatar

Re: Tonights Smoke II - FOR PIPES

Quote Originally Posted by scopawl View Post
    If you're not buying alcohol in a bar/restaurant you can only get it in government controlled shops- nothing like the 3 for 20 deals from Tesco that I left back home! Some bars have okay prices if you stick to their house beer (my "local" is about 2.50 for a bottle of Tuborg), but I don't think I've bought anything other than beer when I've been out- the prices for a spirit + mixer is outrageous, as you say.

I was in a B+M tobacco store a couple of days ago and saw that the price for 50g of most pipe tobacco runs for about 250 SEK (about 25/$40) whereas online you're talking about 7 from the US based retailers? It's cheaper for me to order stuff online and pay for the postage than it is to buy locally.

Slightly back on track, I didn't realise quite how ghost-y Grousemoor was, looks like I'm going to have to smoke a few Grousemoor infused bowls to get rid of it then!
    Yeah should have included a note with that one. It's cheaper for me to order from us too but I can get two things here at least that I cannot in the us. Fvf is always in stock here and capstan original navy cut. Yum
    "The pipe gives a wise man time to think, and a fool something to stick in his mouth." My puny cellar http://www.tobaccocellar.com/Dr.%20Plume

Quote Originally Posted by scopawl View Post
    Slightly back on track, I didn't realise quite how ghost-y Grousemoor was, looks like I'm going to have to smoke a few Grousemoor infused bowls to get rid of it then!
    Must try some Grousemoor. But this is not the worst of the ghosters. By all accounts, that's Ennerdale Flake. I gave a colleague a sample (he only loaded a part bowl and I did warn him) and he was still tasting it more than a week later. He's a heavy smoker of Mac Baren aromatics too. I only recently started to smoke Ennerdale; I have a pipe dedicated to it which was an estate meerschaum which had an "aroma" to it that I could not shift regardless of what I did. Smoked it heavily, alcohol and salt cleaned it, baked the bowl overnight in a low oven. Nothing - still as strong as ever. First smoke of Ennerdale convinced me that this one had previously been used for Ennerdale (by the looks of the pipe, YEARS earlier). This stuff is permanent.
    "Never keep up with the Joneses. Drag them down to your level." - Quentin Crisp

Quote Originally Posted by steinr1 View Post
    Must try some Grousemoor. But this is not the worst of the ghosters. By all accounts, that's Ennerdale Flake. I gave a colleague a sample (he only loaded a part bowl and I did warn him) and he was still tasting it more than a week later. He's a heavy smoker of Mac Baren aromatics too. I only recently started to smoke Ennerdale; I have a pipe dedicated to it which was an estate meerschaum which had an "aroma" to it that I could not shift regardless of what I did. Smoked it heavily, alcohol and salt cleaned it, baked the bowl overnight in a low oven. Nothing - still as strong as ever. First smoke of Ennerdale convinced me that this one had previously been used for Ennerdale (by the looks of the pipe, YEARS earlier). This stuff is permanent.
    I have a cob that I use for nothing but lakeland blends you can't smoke anything but lakeland blends in that pipe. forget trying to get rid of the ghost with smoking burleys. won't help

Been a bit of a slow day. Just finished some GH Curly Cut in the "Tunisia Campaign" pipe. Still got a the stench and bitterness from the French tobacco it was obviously used with previously. I was hoping it would smoke out, but it's off to the showers for salt and vodka.

Loaded my tiny rope pipe with Revor Plug (to get Vitamin N levels up quickly to an acceptable minimum) and also the ancient Barling with Louisiana Flake. A couple of hours with a book in the shed looms.
    "Never keep up with the Joneses. Drag them down to your level." - Quentin Crisp

Ill brown holiday blend present tonight. Fantastic blend just a hint of cherry on the retro great flavor. Thanks Brian!
    "The pipe gives a wise man time to think, and a fool something to stick in his mouth." My puny cellar http://www.tobaccocellar.com/Dr.%20Plume

Having a VERY late breakfast and then a bowl of OGS in the MM country gentleman.
    Now with 96.5% more Wub Wub! http://www.tobaccocellar.com/NikonNUT

Maturing Puffer Fish JohnnyDarkside's Avatar

Too new to have a list of blends I've tried. Just a couple from a local shop (a little dry and I can't find my hydrators anywhere), and H&H Black house. Just made a nice purchase of some cobs, a couple hardwoods, and a new briar. Plus got some anni kake, burley kake, and some Midnight ride. Tonight, I plan on trying a little McClelland Pebblecut.

With only one briar so far, I haven't been able to let it rest like I should, but won't have to worry about that, now.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyDarkside View Post
    Too new to have a list of blends I've tried. Just a couple from a local shop (a little dry and I can't find my hydrators anywhere), and H&H Black house. Just made a nice purchase of some cobs, a couple hardwoods, and a new briar. Plus got some anni kake, burley kake, and some Midnight ride. Tonight, I plan on trying a little McClelland Pebblecut.

With only one briar so far, I haven't been able to let it rest like I should, but won't have to worry about that, now.
    Nicely done sir!

I feel like my lotr read along is just n excuse to smoke fm series tobaccos. Not that I need one. But I think I need to order some pipe weed. Fmott in you know it the meer. On another note I bought a French old codger hat for continued training in the art that is codgering my symptoms are progressing at an alarming rate.

My wife killed us with a big dinner. Sharing some stories and catching up with the son-in-law, as we enjoy some warm Kracken rum. I'm smoking some 1792 in the Alpha Cremlin and the son-in-law is enjoying his first bowl of LNF in a DG Omega, that I bought for him at Walgreens. I still want an Omega and they only had the one, so I cheerfully purchased it for him. It is Christmas after all.

Disillusioned Freethinker AStateJB's Avatar

Frog Morton Across the Pond in my Savinelli churchwarden tonight.
    Hangin' out with Friends

Quote Originally Posted by nikonnut View Post
    Had a busy day. Tried the sweet rum twist Clifford generously sent me. Sadly, it's not for me
    Well, phooey! Sorry to hear that. Oh, well....at least I don't have to worry about you or Terry creating a shortage of it for me!

Quote Originally Posted by 36Bones View Post
    My wife killed us with a big dinner. Sharing some stories and catching up with the son-in-law, as we enjoy some warm Kracken rum. I'm smoking some 1792 in the Alpha Cremlin and the son-in-law is enjoying his first bowl of LNF in a DG Omega, that I bought for him at Walgreens. I still want an Omega and they only had the one, so I cheerfully purchased it for him. It is Christmas after all.
    The Omega is a nice pipe for what it is...very small, and with that stupid p-lip. They were larger at some point in the past, though, as I have seen an estate that was larger than mine. There are reports on the DG forum of guys whacking off the p-lip with a Dremel and then sanding it smooth, making it into a regular bit. It's on my LONG list of projects that Ill get to SOMEDAY.

SWR Aro in a cob. G'night, gents!

Maturing Puffer Fish JohnnyDarkside's Avatar

So as a follow up, the Pebblecut has much more nic than other blends I've tried, so gave me a pretty good buzz. Can definitely taste the spiciness of the perique. It's good, but not something I'll probably get again. Think I'll set aside a little, than age the rest for a while.

Puffer Fish with some spikes Salty's Avatar

Thumbs up Re: Tonights Smoke II - FOR PIPES

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyDarkside View Post

Well done Sir! What kind of briar did you get?

SG FVF in my Stanwell after the Seahawks gave the evil 4th and 9'ers a clinic in PNW football. Good times!
    Pro Patria Vigilans................... My tobacco cellar