Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Page 872 of 1257 FirstFirst ... 372 772 822 862 863 864 865 866 867 868 869 870 871 872 873 874 875 876 877 878 879 880 881 882 922 972 ... LastLast
Results 13,066 to 13,080 of 18845

Tonights Smoke II - FOR PIPES

This is a discussion on Tonights Smoke II - FOR PIPES within the General Pipe Forum forums, part of the Pipe Smokers Forums category; Originally Posted by MarkC Moe, I wish you'd stop it; I am NOT opening a tin of Old Gowrie, no ...

Re: Tonights Smoke II - FOR PIPES

Quote Originally Posted by MarkC View Post
    Moe, I wish you'd stop it; I am NOT opening a tin of Old Gowrie, no matter WHAT you write! However, you talked me into a bowl of EMP...
    Thanks Mark for the Rg. I just found out what Rg was; I am behind the times in reference to computer savy. I must admit that I still don't have a clue what "Gameroom Cash" is?

Quote Originally Posted by Coffee-Cup View Post
    I must admit that I still don't have a clue what "Gameroom Cash" is?
    It's money put into an escrow fund for you by puff, to be used to buy a place on Smoker's Island should the TabakNazis take over. Smoking the last of my Carter Hall. Got some LF on tap, though!
    Vegetarian -- that's an old Indian word meaning "lousy hunter". -- Andy Rooney

Quote Originally Posted by freestoke View Post
    It's money put into an escrow fund for you by puff, to be used to buy a place on Smoker's Island should the TabakNazis take over. Smoking the last of my Carter Hall. Got some LF on tap, though!
    Dang-it Jim! I am ready to go to "Smoker's Island" right now. Let's face it, every day the places that we can legally smoke are getting less and less. I still have not made a decision about my evening smoke; as usual I will be digging thru my stash!

A Squid founder, retired ProbateGeek's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Coffee-Cup View Post
    . . . every day the places that we can legally smoke are getting less and less. . .
    Quick, before Jim sees this - change to "fewer and fewer". HURRY!
    1792 Flake was first produced in 1830, exactly 139 years before man walked on the moon. Coincidence?

Looks like that will hit the airways tomorrow, since the post office is delivering mail New Year's Eve. "The envelope, please."
    Surprise, surprise - and how original! Here I thought Jim was sending me a SMALL sample of Louisiana Flake, and whaddaya know:

Included are:
    • Louisiana Flake - nice size sample (smells, if not heavenly, a lot like Louisiana!)
    • Sir Walter Raleigh - sure I've had it, but can always use more
    • Walnut - same as the SWR, but even better (something I've neglected to purchase)
    • Billy Bud - I've probably had this, coming from cigars, but need to revisit (another good smeller)
    • Jack Knife [sic] Plug - nope, haven't had this yet, but looking forward
    • BXX - I think Clifford sent me a taste of this (if not Clifford, a Texas puffer?), and I do approve
    • Toque Toast and Marmalade snuff - will have a sip here in just a minute
    • Jimmy Freestoke's Purple Mystery Powder snuff - a purplish (?) snuff, that's at this moment coursing through my nasal membranes, slipping down the back of my throat, and generally having a very good time of it
    And last but not least, and I think the real aim of this package:
    • 4noggins LORD METHLEY'S
    "A well rounded blend of flavorful Virginia's, mellow Burley's, and Black Cavendish give Lord Methley's the fragrance of a berry filled pie just out of the oven. A true aromatic with no tongue bite makes this a great all day smoke. Developed for the real Lord Methley of West Yorkshire, UK."

Well, not sure who this alleged Lord Methley is (Robert? are Yorkshiremen - whether Tykes, Loiners, Dee-Daas, Flatcappers, Codheads, or Dingles - to be trusted?) or what his deal is with berry pies, but I'll give this a go.

Thanks, Jim - you're one hellava bombardier.
    Last edited by ProbateGeek; 01-03-2013 at 05:10 PM.
    1792 Flake was first produced in 1830, exactly 139 years before man walked on the moon. Coincidence?

Just cracked a tin of Devil's Holiday. Smells like sweet tarts in the tin but is a really nice smoke. Just delightful
    Now with 96.5% more Wub Wub! http://www.tobaccocellar.com/NikonNUT

Quote Originally Posted by ProbateGeek View Post
    Thanks, Jim - you're one hellava bombardier.
    It was an accident. I had the LF ready to go, but then I haven't been making use of my stack of Forever Boxes and I had that stupid little piece of BXX and...the Lord Methley's I've been trying to unload for two years now...one thing led to another. Hope you enjoy that LF, Terry. I think I'll have my third bowl of it today in fact.

Quote Originally Posted by ProbateGeek View Post
    Louisiana Flake - nice size sample (smells, if not heavenly, a lot like Louisiana!)
    You mean it smells like mud, sweat, and gunpowder? Or do you mean the stench of the paper mill (which as a youngster I was told was the smell of money)?

Your previous BXX wasn't from me. I have a tin here, but still haven't tried it.

The kids are at grandma's for the week, so I've actually had time to watch a few movies on the ipad. Coincidentally, two movies about women losing their marbles Bug last night - Ashley Judd is pure genius in this one. This was my second time to watch it and I thoroughly enjoyed it. Rosemary's Baby tonight...first time I'd seen it...pretty good! I had the 4 dot yachtsman going tonight - Royal Yacht followed by two bowls of Sugar Barrel (it was a long movie ).

Clampsmoquero Latakius Vituscan's Avatar

Seattle Pipe Club Plum Pudding in a Worobiec 500-4. A glass of Port Townsend Hop Diggity IPA and a wee dram of Glenmorangie on the side.

worobiec_500-4 by GoerzDagor, on Flickr
    Credo quia absurdum!

My next vacation? I'm heading up to DJ's house...

Quote Originally Posted by gahdzila View Post
    The kids are at grandma's for the week, so I've actually had time to watch a few movies on the ipad. Coincidentally, two movies about women losing their marbles Bug last night...
    As opposed to Bug, from 1975, one of the worst adaptations of a book to a movie in history. Loosely based on The Hephaestus Plague, it manages to leave out every single interesting idea in the book and substitute burning homes and exploding automobiles, complete with people screaming in every scene. Having read the book, I went to one of the bedsheet cinemas in Rome to watch this baby when it first came out. Talk about a letdown! The book was written as a dissertation for a degree in cinematography and has an appendix on how to do the special effects to make the movie. They ignored it along with the plot. Just looked it up and it gets a 5.0 on IMDB, HUGELY overrated, but an underrated sci-fi novel for sure.

As opposed to Bug, from 1975, one of the worst adaptations of a book to a movie in history.
    Insect movie, huh? Never seen it, but I can recommend two in that genre. "Them!" and "Phase IV". Neither will make it as a great movie, but if you like Bug Movies, oh boy!

IMDB ratings are of no use. They are based on the opinion of "humans" and there will be skewing towards the boom and smash type of film. "Plan 9 from Outer Space" only manages 3.8 despite being an absolute riot. And some films featuring Kevin Costner rate above zero. Go figure.
    "Never keep up with the Joneses. Drag them down to your level." - Quentin Crisp

Drying out some Kajun Kake for this evening. I shall be smoking it while sipping on a glass of Maker's Mark.
    “While you smoke, rub the bowl occasionally along the side of your nose. Briar has an affinity for your natural oils.” -My cellar.-

Quote Originally Posted by steinr1 View Post
    Insect movie, huh? Never seen it, but I can recommend two in that genre. "Them!" and "Phase IV". Neither will make it as a great movie, but if you like Bug Movies, oh boy!
    Them! was a masterpiece compared to Bug. Big Trouble in Little China had a remarkable rise in the ratings, going from one star to three and a half on the TV guide over the years, now carrying a hefty 7.2 on IMDB.

Been smoking PA and LF all day in the same pipe, the 4Dot. Time for a change before bedtime. How about some of this new stuff I got!?

Big Trouble in Little China
    When some wild-eyed, eight-foot-tall maniac grabs your neck, taps the back of your favorite head up against the barroom wall, and he looks you crooked in the eye and he asks you if ya paid your dues, you just stare that big sucker right back in the eye, and you remember what ol' Jack Burton always says at a time like that: "Have ya paid your dues, Jack?" "Yessir, the check is in the mail."
    Never trust anyone over 30.