Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Page 882 of 1257 FirstFirst ... 382 782 832 872 873 874 875 876 877 878 879 880 881 882 883 884 885 886 887 888 889 890 891 892 932 982 ... LastLast
Results 13,216 to 13,230 of 18845

Tonights Smoke II - FOR PIPES

This is a discussion on Tonights Smoke II - FOR PIPES within the General Pipe Forum forums, part of the Pipe Smokers Forums category; Hi all, Ashton Gold Rush tonight. Only my second sampling of pipe tobacco, big difference to the Balklans blend I ...

Young Fish

Re: Tonights Smoke II - FOR PIPES

Hi all,

Ashton Gold Rush tonight. Only my second sampling of pipe tobacco, big difference to the Balklans blend I started with. Loved both!

Jay

Puffer Fish with some spikes

Sweet, I'm looking forward to a serious education. And if you want more than just that tin to send mire variety or qty, pls let me know I have no problem with whatever u want. I know from cigar experiance that hand assembled samplers from someone who cares far exceed the merger offerings of any shop samplers. Plus I look forward to thru discussion especially! When this pm blockade passes.... If ya feel like it we can swap phone numbers too to save cramped fingers and allow for some conversation whilst sampling. Also do you ever smoke cigars?
    Last edited by YoungDirtyOldMan; 01-24-2013 at 05:24 PM.

Young Puffer Fish

MacBaren Club Blend

Puffer Fish with some spikes neonblackjack's Avatar

G&H Scotch Flake Aromatic

Shocking that there isn't more talk about this one! What a lovely virginia aromatic. The tin note certainly qualifies as "good enough to eat." Smells like flourless chocolate cake or dark, dark fudge. Really warm aroma, makes you just want to sit by a fire and smell the unlit tobacco haha. The topping flavor comes across very well during the smoke but is rich, not sweet or cloying. Very smooth, no bite, and you can taste the wonderful VA baccy once it warms up nicely. After my first bowl this is a favorite dessert-style aromatic of top quality. I am going to experiment blending a bit of perique with it in order to add a little spicy kick to an otherwise fully sweet and subtle baccy.

Puffer Fish with some spikes Salty's Avatar

Excellent Chris. I love Mac's Club Blend.

I am gonna have to go searching for G&H Scotch Flake now and see what that is all about. Thanks Jack.

We got hit with some ice down here in North Cackalacky, and everyone is freaking out. I put in 4 wheel drive and drove home slowly. I am cozy and warm while enjoying some KK in my favorite sav. Nice way to start a weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by neonblackjack View Post
    G&H Scotch Flake Aromatic

Shocking that there isn't more talk about this one! What a lovely virginia aromatic. The tin note certainly qualifies as "good enough to eat." Smells like flourless chocolate cake or dark, dark fudge. Really warm aroma, makes you just want to sit by a fire and smell the unlit tobacco haha. The topping flavor comes across very well during the smoke but is rich, not sweet or cloying. Very smooth, no bite, and you can taste the wonderful VA baccy once it warms up nicely. After my first bowl this is a favorite dessert-style aromatic of top quality. I am going to experiment blending a bit of perique with it in order to add a little spicy kick to an otherwise fully sweet and subtle baccy.
    Splendid stuff, eh Jack!?

GH&Co. Scotch Flake Aromatic

Having some basic PA in the Country Gentleman, waxing full codgerish.
    Vegetarian -- that's an old Indian word meaning "lousy hunter". -- Andy Rooney

Young Puffer Fish Whip-Poor-Whill's Avatar

Enjoying another bowl of Vanilla Cavendish out of my Savinelli. The more I smoke this stuff, the better it tastes. And my room smells delicious!

Opening Night. Looks like the tin will end tonight.
    ********.com

Puffer Fish with some spikes neonblackjack's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by freestoke View Post
    Splendid stuff, eh Jack!?

GH&Co. Scotch Flake Aromatic

Having some basic PA in the Country Gentleman, waxing full codgerish.
    Truly splendid stuff, especially for cold winter nights. Very warm and calming. It seems like Pipes and Cigars is the only site that carries it? Unless the others are just confused about the naming? You somehow got yours by accident from Smoking Pipes according to the linked thread. Do they still deny that they carry any?

A Squid founder, retired ProbateGeek's Avatar

I'm cigarring it tonight (Diesel Shorty Grind - meh), but now will have to get some of this SFA out for a nightcap before bed. Sounds very good, so worth a revisit!
    1792 Flake was first produced in 1830, exactly 139 years before man walked on the moon. Coincidence?

MacBaren Scottish Blend. Nice mellow smoke, could use more vitamin N so I will back it up with a cigar plug. I found that toros cut nicely into plugs for my cob. I had a few damaged cigars in the humi, now I know what to do with them!

Terry, next time I'm coming up to the VA Hospital in Portland, we ought to meet up for a smoke.

Quote Originally Posted by YoungDirtyOldMan View Post
    Terry, next time I'm coming up to the VA Hospital in Portland, we ought to meet up for a smoke.
    You're on. My office is about 4 minutes from Broadway Cigar in Lake Oswego - I can get there ALMOST any time. Perhaps right on your way, or way back?
    1792 Flake was first produced in 1830, exactly 139 years before man walked on the moon. Coincidence?

Quote Originally Posted by neonblackjack View Post
    Truly splendid stuff, especially for cold winter nights. Very warm and calming. It seems like Pipes and Cigars is the only site that carries it? Unless the others are just confused about the naming? You somehow got yours by accident from Smoking Pipes according to the linked thread. Do they still deny that they carry any?
    Just had a very good bowl of the Scotch Flake Aromatic. Not too cold out, VERY clear night but with fast moving low clouds at times partially obscuring the perfectly round, brilliantly white moon through the cedars. I'll have to remember this one.

Quote Originally Posted by ProbateGeek View Post
    You're on. My office is about 4 minutes from Broadway Cigar in Lake Oswego - I can get there ALMOST any time. Perhaps right on your way, or way back?
    Done deal brother, email contact info to ontargetgp@gmail.com