Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Page 903 of 1254 FirstFirst ... 403 803 853 893 894 895 896 897 898 899 900 901 902 903 904 905 906 907 908 909 910 911 912 913 953 1003 ... LastLast
Results 13,531 to 13,545 of 18806

Tonights Smoke II - FOR PIPES

This is a discussion on Tonights Smoke II - FOR PIPES within the General Pipe Forum forums, part of the Pipe Smokers Forums category; Germain's Perique Mixture in a bent Jima. One of, if not the ugliest pipe in the world. But they do ...

Re: Tonights Smoke II - FOR PIPES

Germain's Perique Mixture in a bent Jima.

One of, if not the ugliest pipe in the world. But they do smoke fabulously (their appearance dictates that this is not the only pipe in universal use. Just like cobs...) Sadly this one is not in velour finish. Just a muddy red brown plastic. Velour ones are even more ghastly. (I am on the lookout for one...)
    "Never keep up with the Joneses. Drag them down to your level." - Quentin Crisp

A Squid founder, retired ProbateGeek's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by steinr1 View Post
    . . . Velour ones are even more ghastly. (I am on the lookout for one...)
    You, sir, are a nutty one.

And we appreciate that greatly.
    1792 Flake was first produced in 1830, exactly 139 years before man walked on the moon. Coincidence?

One of, if not the ugliest pipe in the world. But they do smoke fabulously (their appearance dictates that this is not the only pipe in universal use. Just like cobs...) Sadly this one is not in velour finish. Just a muddy red brown plastic. Velour ones are even more ghastly. (I am on the lookout for one...)
    Ah - velour. You sir, are the Vituscan of the homely pipe. At this point it would be appropriate to send you an empty aluminum can and a nail....
    Pro Patria Vigilans................... My tobacco cellar

Puffer Fish with some spikes Salty's Avatar

I am enjoying SG Navy Flake. I mean really enjoying it. Savoring it is more like it. I smoked the HE double toothpicks out of some Dark Twist last night. Cavendish is gaining my interest in a big way.

Puffer Fish with some spikes Derrick_Y's Avatar

Peterson's Sherlock Holmes in a Vauen Wave

Clampsmoquero Latakius Vituscan's Avatar

That's a great looking Vauen Wave, Derrick! Nice photo, too.

Robert McConnell Latakia Flake in a Pete Mark Twain.

DJ_Pete_Mark Twain by GoerzDagor, on Flickr
    Credo quia absurdum!

Quote Originally Posted by Desertlifter View Post
    Ah - velour. You sir, are the Vituscan of the homely pipe. At this point it would be appropriate to send you an empty aluminum can and a nail....
    Quote Originally Posted by ProbateGeek View Post
    You, sir, are a nutty one.
    And we appreciate that greatly.
    I resemble that remark...

These are REALLY good smokers despite their appearance. I highly recommend them. Relatively common and inexpensive as well. I've had a look and I appear to have about ten of them including three unused (as yet) ones. Paid no more than about $25 delivered for any of them, most much less. They come in a variety of colours and (Did I mention?) VELOUR so collecting is a risk.

Here is the beast in question. $12 delivered. It scores highly on the golden shiny bits front; a sure-fire hit with all sophisticates. Surely no-one can doubt that it would be even better if it were covered in velour. That's right, VELOUR. Most suave of finishes.

Attachment 75714

I narrowly missed out on a blue one with the treasured velour finish. Damn.
    Last edited by steinr1; 03-08-2013 at 04:40 PM.

A Squid founder, retired ProbateGeek's Avatar

Kendal Kentucky in a Country Gent - kinda back to what started it all for me. Nice.
    1792 Flake was first produced in 1830, exactly 139 years before man walked on the moon. Coincidence?

No longer a community member.

Some Bob's Chocolate Flake in a Storient.

Puffer Fish with some spikes Derrick_Y's Avatar

LL Bean loaded with GLP Westminster

Full grown Puffer Fish Mason16Filz's Avatar

Nightcap and black coffee in a 65-70 degree garage.
    #KL2154

Quote Originally Posted by ProbateGeek View Post
    Mari will be getting a taste of rope soon enough, as well as some Royal Yacht and a few others - I have no doubt she will revel in them. Samples going out Monday.
    Okay, I finally figured out how to email photos from my stupid iPad. Here's the awesome trade (I got the better deal here!) from Terry. All samples I wanted to try! I hope all of the guilty made it their second mugshot lineup, as I've been abusing them. Look at the huge cat turds! One you can see has suffered and all of the samples are lighter than received.

Quote Originally Posted by TTecheTTe View Post
    Okay, I finally figured out how to email photos from my stupid iPad. Here's the awesome trade (I got the better deal here!) from Terry. All samples I wanted to try! I hope all of the guilty made it their second mugshot lineup, as I've been abusing them. Look at the huge cat turds! One you can see has suffered and all of the samples are lighter than received.
    Nice! Not a dog in that lot - all good stuff there.
    Pro Patria Vigilans................... My tobacco cellar

Between Terry and RJPuffs, you have a very nice set of tobaccos to tour, Mari!

I have a quick off-season golf-tip-like thought. Imagine taking your stance with the club braced against the bottom of a door jamb. With just the left arm, how much can you bend the shaft with your left arm extended? Now, brace that left arm against the front of your rib cage and you'll see the difference in force that you can apply using the torso to support the arm. This is where you want to be at impact and is the aim of the towel-in-the-armpit drill. Letting the left arm escape from the left side prior to impact is a major power leak, not to mention the shots that go sideways. It isn't enough to keep the left arm straight, it has to be supported by the torso. I think it was Jim Ballard who said, "You don't hit the ball with your hands and arms, you hit the ball with your body." I agree.

Good Evening, somewhere! Having a musketball of FVF in the MM Diplomat.
    Last edited by freestoke; 03-10-2013 at 12:18 PM.
    Vegetarian -- that's an old Indian word meaning "lousy hunter". -- Andy Rooney

The day was spent in the company of a bunch of insane Austin / Morris enthusiasts at Brooklands (THE home of motor racing and aviation). Riding around in the back of an open 1926 Morris Flat-bed truck in the wind and sleet. Much Best Brown Flake was smoked in a Ropp Montagnarde. At least my boys enjoyed it - but then they were riding in the enclosed cab. We even managed to have a go on what's left of the original banked track. FANTASTIC despite hypothermia.

A little Black Bogie Aromatic will be set up when my fingers start to work again.

This is Clementine... https://union.ic.ac.uk/rcc/rsmmotor/