Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Page 904 of 1257 FirstFirst ... 404 804 854 894 895 896 897 898 899 900 901 902 903 904 905 906 907 908 909 910 911 912 913 914 954 1004 ... LastLast
Results 13,546 to 13,560 of 18845

Tonights Smoke II - FOR PIPES

This is a discussion on Tonights Smoke II - FOR PIPES within the General Pipe Forum forums, part of the Pipe Smokers Forums category; Originally Posted by steinr1 I resemble that remark... These are REALLY good smokers despite their appearance. I highly recommend them. ...

Clampsmoquero Latakius Vituscan's Avatar

Re: Tonights Smoke II - FOR PIPES

Quote Originally Posted by steinr1 View Post
    I resemble that remark...

These are REALLY good smokers despite their appearance. I highly recommend them. Relatively common and inexpensive as well. I've had a look and I appear to have about ten of them including three unused (as yet) ones. Paid no more than about $25 delivered for any of them, most much less. They come in a variety of colours and (Did I mention?) VELOUR so collecting is a risk.

Here is the beast in question. $12 delivered. It scores highly on the golden shiny bits front; a sure-fire hit with all sophisticates. Surely no-one can doubt that it would be even better if it were covered in velour. That's right, VELOUR. Most suave of finishes.

Attachment 75714

I narrowly missed out on a blue one with the treasured velour finish. Damn.
    The day was spent in the company of a bunch of insane Austin / Morris enthusiasts at Brooklands (THE home of motor racing and aviation). Riding around in the back of an open 1926 Morris Flat-bed truck in the wind and sleet. Much Best Brown Flake was smoked in a Ropp Montagnarde. At least my boys enjoyed it - but then they were riding in the enclosed cab. We even managed to have a go on what's left of the original banked track. FANTASTIC despite hypothermia.

A little Black Bogie Aromatic will be set up when my fingers start to work again.

This is Clementine... https://union.ic.ac.uk/rcc/rsmmotor/
    You are on the BLEEDING EDGE of Cool, Robert!

Never heard of a Jima pipe until now. What a design! Hope you can find a velour model. Is there a Velvet Elvis Jima? Turquoise? Harvest Gold?

That 1926 Morris flat bed is ultra cool!
    Credo quia absurdum!

The day was spent in the company of a bunch of insane Austin / Morris enthusiasts at Brooklands (THE home of motor racing and aviation). Riding around in the back of an open 1926 Morris Flat bed truck -FANTASTIC despite hypothermia.

This is Clementine... https://union.ic.ac.uk/rcc/rsmmotor/
    On the road! I like trucking and I like to truck!

FVF in little briar Apple...

Quote Originally Posted by freestoke View Post
    Between Terry and RJPuffs, you have a very nice set of tobaccos to tour, Mari!

Good Evening, somewhere! Having a musketball of FVF in the MM Diplomat.
    Indeed, I do!

So, do I just roll it up?

Robert @steinr1 isn't that VEAALOOUUURRR?. (That's how my sis always pronounced it...)

Quote Originally Posted by TTecheTTe View Post
    So, do I just roll it up?
    Pretty much. Musketballing
    Vegetarian -- that's an old Indian word meaning "lousy hunter". -- Andy Rooney

Quote Originally Posted by Latakius Vituscan View Post
    You are on the BLEEDING EDGE of Cool, Robert!

Never heard of a Jima pipe until now. What a design! Hope you can find a velour model. Is there a Velvet Elvis Jima? Turquoise? Harvest Gold?

That 1926 Morris flat bed is ultra cool!
    I'm glad that someone recognises this fact. What I get up to is often mistaken for rank nerd-ery.

Clementine is lovely. But Jezebel is lovelier still. Mainly because she is a FIRE ENGINE. What could be better for a man-child to play with?
    "Never keep up with the Joneses. Drag them down to your level." - Quentin Crisp

Full grown Puffer Fish Mason16Filz's Avatar

More Plum Pudding tonight in my DGE nosewarmer poker.
    #KL2154

London Mixture in a CAO meerschaum.

CAO Meerschaum_DJ by GoerzDagor, on Flickr

Gotta love that Jezebel!
    Credo quia absurdum!

Icey cold and very windy today (and snowing), so pipes of Black Bogie rope to get the concentrated Vitamin N goodness as quickly as possible.
    "Never keep up with the Joneses. Drag them down to your level." - Quentin Crisp

There's a mature bald eagle sitting at the top of a Doug Fir here at Raven's Grove. A couple of crows are dive-bombing, but to no avail. Puffin' on a bowl of GL Pease Westminster in a Pete Sherlock Holmes. In a few minutes I'll be smoking (mesquite) a chicken in the Weber and sipping a wee dram of Laphroaig Quarter Cask.

Peterson's Sherlock Holmes by GoerzDagor, on Flickr
    Credo quia absurdum!

Quote Originally Posted by Latakius Vituscan View Post
    There's a mature bald eagle sitting at the top of a Doug Fir here at Raven's Grove. A couple of crows are dive-bombing, but to no avail. Puffin' on a bowl of GL Pease Westminster in a Pete Sherlock Holmes. In a few minutes I'll be smoking (mesquite) a chicken in the Weber and sipping a wee dram of Laphroaig Quarter Cask.
    Those damn crows get any closer to me and I'm a gonna jack them up!

Pro Patria Vigilans................... My tobacco cellar

Full grown Puffer Fish Mason16Filz's Avatar

Plum Pudding my DGE nosewarmer poker again tonight.

I find this tobacco to be my new favorite...I cant keep my mind off it.
    It taste so good, burns well to a fine ash, burns cool, pairs well with black coffee.
    Good amount of cool smokey latakia with a slight sweetness at the retrohale that makes me crave another few puffs. PP is breaking in my new poker like a champ. A few more half bowls of PP then ill be able to stuff my poker full of this stuff.

PP and Orlik GS have been the only two blends Ive ranted and raved about so far. They both will always be in my cellar and hopefully get some aged as well.
    A few of my other go to blends are Newminster Navy Flake and FM. They come in at 3rd and 4th on my list!!
    #KL2154

This evening I smoked a nice puff of PA in my smallest curved briar. It's the pipe I usually have with me in public because it fit's in my pocket.

I'll have to admit I don't post a lot on these threads because so much of my smoking lately has been on PA in the same couple of pipes. That bag I found in my basement is delicious. It's smoking really well, and the pipes are taking to it well too. It's been pretty pleasant all around.

A Squid founder, retired ProbateGeek's Avatar

1792 Flake for me tonight in the RoboCob.

Packing up a sample pack for a newbie trade, I got to smell about 20 different blends in about 20 minutes. So many wonderful aromas, each slightly different - almost couldn't decide what to leave out for tomorrow's commute. Almost I say, 'cause it was Ennerdale Flake at first whiff.

"You had me at old lady perfume. . . you had me at old lady perfume."
    1792 Flake was first produced in 1830, exactly 139 years before man walked on the moon. Coincidence?

This evening I had a bowl of Rattray's Hal O the Wynd in my Large Itallian Freehand followed by a bowl of Dunhill My Mixture 965 in my Andor Freehand. As usual I went digging thru my stash this evening and I had originally chosen two of the Rattrays blends but changed my mind and added 965 instead of my second choice. My choice this evening was excellent; the Hal O the Wynd transitions so well with 965. I wanted to finish up with a stronger blend. The Rattrays blends that I use are Hal O the Wynd, Marlin Flake and Old Gowrie which I buy in 100 gm tins from Jr Cigars. These three blends are also sold in bulk for basically the same price as the tins. I have been wondering whether I would benefit from buying in bulk, jarring the tobacco and aging it; would this arrangement be more flavorful than the vacuumed packed 100 gm tins? I will definitely have to research this more carefully. Back to my smokes, I topped off my pipes with an ice cold mug of "Becks" brew and dang-it I had a great evening!

Quote Originally Posted by Coffee-Cup View Post
    I have been wondering whether I would benefit from buying in bulk, jarring the tobacco and aging it; would this arrangement be more flavorful than the vacuumed packed 100 gm tins? I will definitely have to research this more carefully. Back to my smokes, I topped off my pipes with an ice cold mug of "Becks" brew and dang-it I had a great evening!
    A great evening, indeed, Moe!

There is a lot out there about aging tobacco. Aging in unopened tins seems to be the best way to get the most out of the full aging process. That is, as long as the tins don't rust through. Greg Pease has some info about this here: G. L. Pease - Frequently Asked Questions
    Credo quia absurdum!