Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Page 905 of 1255 FirstFirst ... 405 805 855 895 896 897 898 899 900 901 902 903 904 905 906 907 908 909 910 911 912 913 914 915 955 1005 ... LastLast
Results 13,561 to 13,575 of 18818

Tonights Smoke II - FOR PIPES

This is a discussion on Tonights Smoke II - FOR PIPES within the General Pipe Forum forums, part of the Pipe Smokers Forums category; Originally Posted by Desertlifter Those damn crows get any closer to me and I'm a gonna jack them up! Was ...

Clampsmoquero Latakius Vituscan's Avatar

Re: Tonights Smoke II - FOR PIPES

Quote Originally Posted by Desertlifter View Post
    Those damn crows get any closer to me and I'm a gonna jack them up!

Was that you, Brian, sitting at the top of that Doug fir?

Nice pipe!
    Credo quia absurdum!

Quote Originally Posted by Latakius Vituscan View Post
    Was that you, Brian, sitting at the top of that Doug fir?

Nice pipe!
    From you sir, that is not faint praise!

The briar in question is my Bjarne Elephant's Foot. Devours Pembroke like no other.
    A little pipey pr0n:

Pro Patria Vigilans................... My tobacco cellar

Full grown Puffer Fish Mason16Filz's Avatar

I think this is the third or fourth straight night with Plum Pudding.
    #KL2154

My cat's Chief of Staff El wedo del milagro's Avatar

Every pic before made that pipe look good, bt not sweet.

Ya posted the right pic. Now that pic makes it look awsome... way better than anythin' I own.

Clampsmoquero Latakius Vituscan's Avatar

GL Pease Renaissance (2002) in a Caminetto. Off to Tucson, then Arivipa Canyon for a week with Richard, former owner of Tobacco Row in Jackson, WY. May not be on Puff till next Wednesday.

Caminetto_DJB3525 by GoerzDagor, on Flickr
    Credo quia absurdum!

Full grown Puffer Fish Thirston's Avatar

Pirate Kake in an old Marxman Indian. Pirate is a really good English at an unbelievable price by the 1lb brick.

Doing all three shifts this morning, afternoon, evening. Lonesome out here in Pipingshire. Was going to finish up the last of the FVF in something semi-large, but am going to go with PA in the medium 4Dot. And more coffee, naturally.
    Vegetarian -- that's an old Indian word meaning "lousy hunter". -- Andy Rooney

Today's tobaccos have been (so far) Black Bogie Aromatic in a tiny Ropp Prince and Best Brown Flake in a knackered Ropp Montagnarde. Both fine.

I'm setting up a bowl of the highly regarded and definitely recommended Peterson Special 2012 Reserve in a Barling meerschaum and the day will almost inevitably end on Louisiana Flake in an ancient Barling.
    "Never keep up with the Joneses. Drag them down to your level." - Quentin Crisp

Quote Originally Posted by Latakius Vituscan View Post
    A great evening, indeed, Moe!

There is a lot out there about aging tobacco. Aging in unopened tins seems to be the best way to get the most out of the full aging process. That is, as long as the tins don't rust through. Greg Pease has some info about this here: G. L. Pease - Frequently Asked Questions
    DJ! Thanks for the heads up on this topic; the GL Pease Q&A was excellent. I have to assume that the tobacco in the tins do have some air to encourage the fermentation aging process. I never considered aging toabacco in the original tins before. I do have to admit that the tins are so convenient as compared to jars.

smoked a flake of 2 year old LTF, in my bent bulldog. I used to love LTF, but it gone a distant last to smoke.

Hopefully I'm coming out of my narcoleptic fog...

Smoking Lux Bullseye in my "new" Stan 243. Musketballed FVF, per Jim's instruction, yesterday and it was so easy in my stupor and smoked up great.

Elementary is on, so it is Arcadia in my lil' full bent billard. No gore yet, but there is some promise of a body in an old trunk...

Breaking in my new Invicta Canadian with half a bowl of 4noggins' Bald Headed Teacher

Last night I broke in my MM MacArthur with a layer cake of Squadron Leader, Newminster Black cavendish, 1Q, Prince Albert, perfection, and epiphany.

Yea. It's a big pipe.
    Today I'm bed ridden with a flu and pulled muscles in my chest. Hurting.

Okay, I'm back after a break from the board, and I'm puffing away on a bowl of HOTW. I popped my oldest tin, three and a half years, and maybe it's just me, but three and a half years just doesn't seem to do for HOTW what it does for Union Square or FVF. I think it's probably the perique (and my dislike of it in general).

That said, I've also been smoking out of a three year old tin of Balkan Sasieni, and I'm major league happy about how it has turned out. I'd better order more for the cellar!
    ********.com