Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Page 906 of 1257 FirstFirst ... 406 806 856 896 897 898 899 900 901 902 903 904 905 906 907 908 909 910 911 912 913 914 915 916 956 1006 ... LastLast
Results 13,576 to 13,590 of 18845

Tonights Smoke II - FOR PIPES

This is a discussion on Tonights Smoke II - FOR PIPES within the General Pipe Forum forums, part of the Pipe Smokers Forums category; Originally Posted by rogermugs Last night I broke in my MM MacArthur with a layer cake of Squadron Leader, Newminster ...

Re: Tonights Smoke II - FOR PIPES

Quote Originally Posted by rogermugs View Post
    Last night I broke in my MM MacArthur with a layer cake of Squadron Leader, Newminster Black cavendish, 1Q, Prince Albert, perfection, and epiphany.

Yea. It's a big pipe.
    Today I'm bed ridden with a flu and pulled muscles in my chest. Hurting.
    Did you Pull the muscles in your chest by sucking on that MacArthur?
    Those that know don't tell, and those that tell don't know.

Quote Originally Posted by TTecheTTe View Post
    Elementary is on, so it is Arcadia in my lil' full bent billard. No gore yet, but there is some promise of a body in an old trunk...
    I was deeply disappointed in Elementary. Whether it has clever dialogue or intricate plot twists, fine acting or stunning displays of Sherlockian logic, must forever remain beyond my knowing. I had barely goten by the gratuitous kinkiness of Sherlock's entrapment of the "babes" in garter belts and high-heel leather boots, hoping for better, when the psychotic broke loose in the operating room with the scalpel. Too much. Too much. Click. They've done the same to new productions of Agathie Christie material. Repellant and unnecessary.

Smoking some more LGF. I do like LGF.
    Last edited by freestoke; 03-15-2013 at 02:24 PM.
    Vegetarian -- that's an old Indian word meaning "lousy hunter". -- Andy Rooney

Awaiting Confirmation karatekyle's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MarkC View Post
    That said, I've also been smoking out of a three year old tin of Balkan Sasieni, and I'm major league happy about how it has turned out. I'd better order more for the cellar!
    Hmm, might have to pick up a few tins to sit on too. It's so cheap, how can't you love it!

No longer a community member.

Dan Sweet Vanilla Honeydew in a Graco Ocean

I'm sitting on my balcony enjoying some GH Bosuns Cut Plug in my rusticated Peterson Barrel, drinking some Captain Morgan and (diet) Coke, and listening to The Fighting Jamesons. If I don't get too cold (it is chilly) I'll follow up with some Balkan Sasieni in my rusticated Hardcastle bulldog.

A good friend at my local B&M was kind enough to give me a ounce and half of some well aged Stonehaven. I was planning on smoking the last bit of some LNF but that got put on the back burner.
    Happy smoking away in my Sav Mr G straight billard, yummy

Awaiting Confirmation karatekyle's Avatar

True to my plans, I had a bowl of [Light] Flake with a bit of sweet white. The bottle lasted longer than the pipe so I popped a tin of London Mixture and dug into that. Finished the bottle off but wasn't satisfied with my poor pairing theory. The wine was wonderful with the mild virginia but it didn't have a chance against the tangy, sharp flavor of London Mixt. Finished the last bit of the bowl with some Cab S (for science, of course!). That was a much better balance.

And then I slept very, very well.

Quote Originally Posted by karatekyle View Post
    True to my plans, I had a bowl of [Light] Flake with a bit of sweet white. The bottle lasted longer than the pipe so I popped a tin of London Mixture and dug into that. Finished the bottle off but wasn't satisfied with my poor pairing theory. The wine was wonderful with the mild virginia but it didn't have a chance against the tangy, sharp flavor of London Mixt. Finished the last bit of the bowl with some Cab S (for science, of course!). That was a much better balance.

And then I slept very, very well.
    pairing a light white wine is great, with a good virginia. But a white wine with London Mixture isn't gonna stand a chance. Better to pair London Mixture with a good scotch, I prefer a Islay with a English

No longer a community member.

4th Generation 1855 in a Dr. Grabow Duke

and a great bottle of red table wine from a local vineyard

Evolving Lead Puffer Fish

Quote Originally Posted by laloin View Post
    pairing a light white wine is great, with a good virginia. But a white wine with London Mixture isn't gonna stand a chance. Better to pair London Mixture with a good scotch, I prefer a Islay with a English
    Scotch goes great with everything.

My cat's Chief of Staff El wedo del milagro's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by laloin View Post
    I like London Mixture with a nice porter or stout.

Been on a latakia/oriental kick lately; very unlike my normal virginias. Tonight it's GLP Meridian. Very nice and rich tasting.
    ********.com

A Squid founder, retired ProbateGeek's Avatar

Irish Flake in the '48 Peterson Killarney apple, followed by Kendal Dark in a CG with a TRUE Forever Stem. Wishing tomorrow were not a Monday...
    1792 Flake was first produced in 1830, exactly 139 years before man walked on the moon. Coincidence?

DGT'd FM Cellar in the MM Diplomat (with the rabid original stem).

Quote Originally Posted by ProbateGeek View Post
    Irish Flake in the '48 Peterson Killarney apple, followed by Kendal Dark in a CG with a TRUE Forever Stem. Wishing tomorrow were not a Monday...
    Quote Originally Posted by TTecheTTe View Post
    DGT'd FM Cellar in the MM Diplomat (with the rabid original stem).
    So. We've got to post the stem separately now as well. Oh dear...

Louisiana Flake in an 1899 small half-bent Billiard Barling with silver band. I believe the stem in ebonite is original... Now, for those who are interested, and particularly those who are not, very early Barling stems don't have the trademark crossed Barling lettering. Nor does this pipe have the "Barling's Make" stamp; those didn't come in until about 1906 at the earliest. Interesting, huh?
    Last edited by steinr1; 03-18-2013 at 02:34 PM.
    "Never keep up with the Joneses. Drag them down to your level." - Quentin Crisp