Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Page 907 of 1257 FirstFirst ... 407 807 857 897 898 899 900 901 902 903 904 905 906 907 908 909 910 911 912 913 914 915 916 917 957 1007 ... LastLast
Results 13,591 to 13,605 of 18845

Tonights Smoke II - FOR PIPES

This is a discussion on Tonights Smoke II - FOR PIPES within the General Pipe Forum forums, part of the Pipe Smokers Forums category; Originally Posted by steinr1 So. We've got to post the stem separately now as well. Oh dear... Nah, that was ...

A Squid founder, retired ProbateGeek's Avatar

Re: Tonights Smoke II - FOR PIPES

Quote Originally Posted by steinr1 View Post
    So. We've got to post the stem separately now as well. Oh dear...
    Nah, that was just carryover from another thread - my apologies.

Robert, feel free to throw us a pic every now and again when you're smoking your older pipes. The earliest I've had experience with dated from only the 1920's, and I'm sure others would also be interested in any 19th century examples you could share.
    1792 Flake was first produced in 1830, exactly 139 years before man walked on the moon. Coincidence?

Quote Originally Posted by ProbateGeek View Post
    Nah, that was just carryover from another thread - my apologies.

Robert, feel free to throw us a pic every now and again when you're smoking your older pipes. The earliest I've had experience with dated from only the 1920's, and I'm sure others would also be interested in any 19th century examples you could share.
    1899 Barling and 1890-ish Ropp Bussang Cherrywood. Smoked both of these today. The Barling is a very regular smoke for me; lovely little pipe. It's my dedicated pipe (at least one of them) for Louisiana Flake. The Cherrywood is getting use with Black Bogie. I appear to have outgrown the tiny Ropp Prince for this tobacco...

Attachment 75935 Attachment 75936

And a fun little oddity from the 1930s, I believe. I posted it recently on a newbie thread where pipe filling was being discussed.

Attachment 75937Attachment 75938
    "Never keep up with the Joneses. Drag them down to your level." - Quentin Crisp

Thanks, Robert. I do recall seeing the Cherrywood Ropp now and the Barling is a cute little bunny, no?
    But that "filler". Hilarious - who would have thought up such a contraption? Perhaps a man lacking both thumbs?
    1792 Flake was first produced in 1830, exactly 139 years before man walked on the moon. Coincidence?

Thanks, Robert. I do recall seeing the Cherrywood Ropp now and the Barling is a cute little bunny, no? But that "filler". Hilarious - who would have thought up such a contraption? Perhaps a man lacking both thumbs?
    The filler actually works rather well. I don't use it as often as I should.

So. We've got to post the stem separately now as well. Oh dear...
    Duh, Yeah! But, Terry started it! (Oh, and you forgot the )

And a fun little oddity from the 1930s, I believe. I posted it recently on a newbie thread where pipe filling was being discussed.

Attachment 75937Attachment 75938
    Interesting, but what in Sam Cro is it?

Long afternoon of two small errands. Finally settled in with my 'lil Bear in the MM Dip. Think I'll have a Guinness - el Wedo Mark made me thirsty.

Terry @ProbateGeek , what did you think of the Bow-legged Bear? Why have you chosen the Kendal Dark over KK?

Quote Originally Posted by TTecheTTe View Post
    Interesting, but what in Sam Cro is it?
    The patent has probably expired. Somebody should return them to production. Hint @Mari -- the words "Pipe Filler" are engraved on the device.

Speaking of heavy loads, this Irish Flake seems more than ordinarily potent. Excellent!
    Vegetarian -- that's an old Indian word meaning "lousy hunter". -- Andy Rooney

Quote Originally Posted by TTecheTTe View Post
    Terry @ProbateGeek , what did you think of the Bow-legged Bear? Why have you chosen the Kendal Dark over KK?
    I have not been able to crack the BLB open yet - that's what you get for sending the whole tin, silly.

While I do love the Kendal Kentucky, I don't recall EVER tasting even a bit of the Lakeland essence, which I now taste regularly with the Kendal Dark. It's not strong, but when you spot it it's obvious. Other than that, they're about the same to me. And Kendal Dark is way cooler of a name - Dark Kendal would have been that much better.

I have not been able to crack the BLB open yet - that's what you get for sending the whole tin, silly.

While I do love the Kendal Kentucky, I don't recall EVER tasting even a bit of the Lakeland essence, which I now taste regularly with the Kendal Dark. It's not strong, but when you spot it it's obvious. Other than that, they're about the same to me. And Kendal Dark is way cooler of a name - Dark Kendal would have been that much better.
    You had me at "Lakeland," you sly-tongued devil....
    Pro Patria Vigilans................... My tobacco cellar

Smoking C&D's Star of the East tonight.

polished off a bowl of newminster superior Navy flake. The label says it straight Virginia but I swear I was tasting Burley. smoked in my GBD tap Canuck

Smoking a bowl of Drama Reserve in my Altinok meer.
    ********.com

Puffer Fish with some spikes Jogi's Avatar

St. Bruno RR in my GG Bento Tomato pearwood...

Louisiana Flake in "Frankenpipe". It's alive!

Gave a workmate a Ropp Cherrywood Churchwarden and held Pipe Smoking 101 in the car park this afternoon. I brought a selection of tobaccos for him to try and he went for the highly regarded and recommended Peterson Special 2012 Reserve. Can't say I blame him - that stuff is just superb. I gave him a smaller no-name meerschaum-lined bent Billiard to try it in (don't want him to stink up the Ropp before he decides what to smoke in it - and he's got the start of a rotation...) He got through it without a scorched tongue and thoroughly enjoyed his first ever bowl. I'd call that a rare success. He spurned the Ennerdale Flake, however. No accounting for taste.

Irish Flake. Two days late, but still a lovely blend.
    Pro Patria Vigilans................... My tobacco cellar

Quote Originally Posted by Desertlifter View Post
    Irish Flake. Two days late, but still a lovely blend.
    I'm late!? Well at least I'm started on mine, in a MM Diplomat. But I've smoked some the past few days, too. Does it count, or did I have to register beforehand -- call my shot, so to speak?

And I've received a writ from Puff Central demanding payment of fines, claiming that I've posted numerous times without mentioning the stem material or style. Well, you can't beat city hall, so I'll just pay up and avoid any more penalties -- a Forever stem, basic black acylic, straight, fantail.

Hope I wasn't late with this Irish Flake, though.
    Vegetarian -- that's an old Indian word meaning "lousy hunter". -- Andy Rooney