Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Page 909 of 1257 FirstFirst ... 409 809 859 899 900 901 902 903 904 905 906 907 908 909 910 911 912 913 914 915 916 917 918 919 959 1009 ... LastLast
Results 13,621 to 13,635 of 18845

Tonights Smoke II - FOR PIPES

This is a discussion on Tonights Smoke II - FOR PIPES within the General Pipe Forum forums, part of the Pipe Smokers Forums category; Originally Posted by TTecheTTe MM 965 in a Stanwell FW 243. Gummed up my cobs this morning, and wreaked my ...

A Squid founder, retired ProbateGeek's Avatar

Re: Tonights Smoke II - FOR PIPES

Quote Originally Posted by TTecheTTe View Post
    MM 965 in a Stanwell FW 243. Gummed up my cobs this morning, and wreaked my jaw, trying to smoke new tins of 1792 and then SL.
    As a tribute to you, Mari, I am now in the process of gumming up both nostrils with my latest endeavor: 1792 Snuff.

I'm zombie-proof!
    Last edited by ProbateGeek; 03-23-2013 at 10:52 PM.
    1792 Flake was first produced in 1830, exactly 139 years before man walked on the moon. Coincidence?

Quote Originally Posted by ProbateGeek View Post
    As a tribute to you, Mari, I am now in the process of gumming up both nostrils with my latest endeavor: 1792 Snuff.

I'm zombie-proof!
    Looks like it will...amd looks like cayenne pepper! Mr.Snuff is 10% off, coupon code mrsnuff01

Young Fish

Just finished my 8" clay tavern with Peterson's Old Dublin.

I'm zombie-proof!
    I'm picturing my hi-fi snuff method with this. DH in the left, Thomas Paine in the right.

So of which event is 1792 flake reminding us?

I like the Paine connection to snuff. Seems apropos.
    Pro Patria Vigilans................... My tobacco cellar

Quote Originally Posted by Desertlifter View Post
    I'm picturing my hi-fi snuff method with this. DH in the left, Thomas Paine in the right.

So of which event is 1792 flake reminding us?

I like the Paine connection to snuff. Seems apropos.
    The 1792 Snuff shall be called:

___Off With Your Head!
    1792 Flake was first produced in 1830, exactly 139 years before man walked on the moon. Coincidence?

I was a naughty boy tonight and ended up smoking a illision empernay cigar since I left my pipes and bag at home when I left for work. Ended up getting off early soo I headed off to my B&M to have a cigar. I know your guys are ready to lynch me

Quote Originally Posted by laloin View Post
    I was a naughty boy tonight and ended up smoking a illision empernay cigar since I left my pipes and bag at home when I left for work. Ended up getting off early soo I headed off to my B&M to have a cigar. I know your guys are ready to lynch me
    < shhhhhhhh, Troy - I had three cigars yesterday: A 601 Serie Green Oscuro, an Arturo Fuente 8-5-8 maduro, and a 262 Paradigm lancero. That's in addition to all the Kendal Dark and a little FM's Cellar. No worries - it's all leaf... >

MM965 in MM Dip 5th Ave. Started the day with an AF 858, and may have another. Apparently my mention of cigars as late has them coming out of the closet...
    Quote Originally Posted by laloin View Post
    < shhhhhhhh, Troy - I had three cigars yesterday: A 601 Serie Green Oscuro, an Arturo Fuente 8-5-8 maduro, and a 262 Paradigm lancero. That's in addition to all the Kendal Dark and a little FM's Cellar. No worries - it's all leaf... >

HOTW in a Cavicchi hawkbill.
    ********.com

nice bowl of LBF with the center punch out, in my no named straight bulldog. This pipe smokes LBF like a dream. think it will be decicated to coin flakes like bulleye

Black Bogie and Dunhill Deluxe Navy Rolls earlier today. Louisiana Flake to follow on a bit later today.
    "Never keep up with the Joneses. Drag them down to your level." - Quentin Crisp

This evening I started my pipe smoking earlier than I usually do because I was visiting a friend who recently returned from Afganistan; my friend smokes only cigars, but I did bring my travel pipe kit. I was in the process of trying to convince my friend to try a pipe when a head popped over the next door fence and an older gentleman said "did I hear the word pipe?" It seems that my friend's neighbor (Bob) is 79 years old and has been smoking pipes since he was in his twenties; our party is now a party of three. Bob brought over some of his favorite old time tobaccos for me to try and fortunately I had three corncobs in my travel kit. I smoked half bowls of a lot of old time tobaccos which are currently not produced and dang-it-the flavors were great! I really do not have a clue of "what all" I smoked this evening. I asked Bob that since he has been smoking his pipes since he was in his twenties did he have any health problems related to smoking? Bob said that when he was in his early 50's he was having some problems with breathing and constant sinus problems. Bob said that he went to an old time doctor who told him to take "Charcoal Powder" before he smoked and several times a day which resulted in no more breathing problems. Bob also said that he takes his "charcoal" 2 to 3 times a day every day and that his doctors said that he is in good health outside of a few wrinkles. I must admit that it was wonderful talking to Bob about the early days of America and when you really could buy a 5 cent cigar!

Far out! Never heard of charcoal powder! I know that the charcoal filters work the opposite in smoke streams from what you might expect, in that they act as catalyzing surfaces that increase the number of complex toxic chemicals in the smoke, rather than absorb poisons. The intestinal tract might be a different situation, though, and I can see it absorbing pesticides, fungicides, BPA, dioxine, chlorine and suchlike, that wend their way into our diet. I'm always a little suspicious of such things, though, but in this case it looks pretty harmless. Certainly a more plausible health benefit than magnetic bracelets or homeopathic scams.

Anyhow, what a great chance encounter! I'm envious!!

Realized I hadn't given the Mayfair anything to do in WEEKS! And possibly my favorite pipe, too. Got it loaded with some IF, cubed with a cigar cutter. Makes for a nice burn.
    Vegetarian -- that's an old Indian word meaning "lousy hunter". -- Andy Rooney

I've been working my way through a few odds and sods in jars, trying to justify popping a tin of Tree Mixture. I've got through the remains of the Dunhill Navy Rolls, G,H & Co (??) Curly Cut, some vile French ribbon-cut muck (huzzah!) and Rattray's Red Rapparee. A couple more and I'll feel justified. Louisiana Flake is on the menu for tonight regardless.
    "Never keep up with the Joneses. Drag them down to your level." - Quentin Crisp

No longer a community member.

About to fire a bowl of Nightcap in a Graco apple