Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Page 910 of 1257 FirstFirst ... 410 810 860 900 901 902 903 904 905 906 907 908 909 910 911 912 913 914 915 916 917 918 919 920 960 1010 ... LastLast
Results 13,636 to 13,650 of 18845

Tonights Smoke II - FOR PIPES

This is a discussion on Tonights Smoke II - FOR PIPES within the General Pipe Forum forums, part of the Pipe Smokers Forums category; SG MVF in a Stanwell silver band - topped with a splash of Devil's Holiday....

Re: Tonights Smoke II - FOR PIPES

SG MVF in a Stanwell silver band - topped with a splash of Devil's Holiday.
    Pro Patria Vigilans................... My tobacco cellar

Quote Originally Posted by freestoke View Post
    Certainly a more plausible health benefit than magnetic bracelets or homeopathic scams.
    What a horrid thing to say. My chiropractor says these homeopathic magnets will cure me!
    ********.com

Quote Originally Posted by MarkC View Post
    What a horrid thing to say. My chiropractor says these homeopathic magnets will cure me!
    Since tungsten magnets have a vanishingly small paramagnetic moment, they fit in perfectly with homeopathic theory. I've also heard that if you line enough of the copper bracelets up correctly, you can tow a vehicle. (A little-known fact -- copper bracelets power the tow beam on the Enterprise.)

Smoking some PA in the Country Gentleman.
    Vegetarian -- that's an old Indian word meaning "lousy hunter". -- Andy Rooney

Well, the Irish Flake idea fell by the wayside; Maltese Falcon for me.
    ********.com

Robert Lewis Tree Mixture in a small (but quite reasonable capacity, wide bowl), bent, double skinned ceramic pipe. "Old Mokum", Didn't take to the pipe at first, but it really has its advantges. I was able to smoke this mixture quite hard with no risk of juices getting into the stem and the smoke remaining cool throughout. The mixture is very soft smoking and deceptively mild despite the plumes of smoke produced; no tongue bite despite best efforts. Virginias were present with sweet butteriness in this Oriental driven mixture with the Latakia quite evident but oh so well integrated. Some Cavendish sweetness, perhaps? I'm not a huge Latakia fan and didn't like this mix years ago when I first tried it, but this is a tobacco I feel I could smoke all day long. And probably will. Thanks, Colonel Tree.
    "Never keep up with the Joneses. Drag them down to your level." - Quentin Crisp

No apologies for the almost immediate repost of this smoke.

Tree Mixture. This is an absolute must for anyone who likes classic "English" mixtures.

The more I consider it the better it seems. Not huge on nicotine perhaps, but that's a small inconvenience. And an excuse to smoke even more. I had a couple of smaller bowls ealier today, but I "got it" properly with this one. Maybe a blend for a huge straight Billiard...

I've been running on this LGF now for well over an hour, a full bore, rubbed out load in the big Falcon. Just watched another episode of The Rogues that Audrey got for me for my birthday last summer. Super good! Take Me in Paris. Sort of a family oriented Mission Impossible, where the family consists of con artists and the object is money, rather than the overthrow of governments. Great stuff!

Puffer Fish with some spikes Derrick_Y's Avatar

No explanation needed

Quote Originally Posted by steinr1 View Post
    Tree Mixture. This is an absolute must for anyone who likes classic "English" mixtures...
    I've been storing a tin of this is my cellar for quite some time now (I can't even remember how I obtained it). I'm not sure why I haven't opened it yet? Just never felt compelled, I guess. Now I'm excited to try it. Just need to empty out a few of the others that are currently open and then I'll give it a go.

Tonight, I'm enjoying some Rattray Marlin Flake in my McCarter Natural Billiard.

Much more Tree Mixture today (and a bit of Black Bogie to get the vitamin levels up.) The Myon Royale is performing magnificently. Had one of those rare smokes where the packing is just right and the burn kept going right to the heel with no need to tamp, let alone relight. Slow, cool burn right to the bottom without a fight. Perfect, just perfect. And the tobacco ain't bad either.

Perhaps more of this and a bowl or two of Louisiana Flake in the venerable Barling.

Orchestra and Full Chorus for "Rule, Britannia". The festivities to end with "God Save the Queen".

Huzzah!

Getting ready to leave work for the evening. I brought my little no-name briar and some PA to work with me. I'm gonna get a bowl packed up to puff on the way home.

In other news, Payday is coming up and I may just have to get my self a late Easter present... Perhaps my first Savineli? It's springtime so I'm going to have more opportunities to be smoking now. It's justifiable, right?

Clampsmoquero Latakius Vituscan's Avatar

Hearth & Home Marquee Black House in a Pete Sherlock Holmes.

Peterson's Sherlock Holmes_Table by GoerzDagor, on Flickr
    Credo quia absurdum!

A second bowl of Rainer LGF. You know, I was kind of hoping this would suck as it's kind of pricey. Oh, well...
    ********.com

Quote Originally Posted by MarkC View Post
    A second bowl of Rainer LGF. You know, I was kind of hoping this would suck as it's kind of pricey. Oh, well...
    You can use the flakes as place mats at the dining table, too! Just break a piece off after dinner and you're good to go without leaving your chair, possibly with a few additional flavors thrown in from sauce or gravy drippings.

A bit of Warrior Plug in the new (to me) Yeco Junior. Needs a cake restarting and Warrior builds it well. Nice smoke too.

I've been a bit obsessed with Tree Mixture for a few days and Louisiana Flake consumption is down. This will need to be remedied tonight at least once. I don't want any jealousy to develop.