Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Page 911 of 1255 FirstFirst ... 411 811 861 901 902 903 904 905 906 907 908 909 910 911 912 913 914 915 916 917 918 919 920 921 961 1011 ... LastLast
Results 13,651 to 13,665 of 18811

Tonights Smoke II - FOR PIPES

This is a discussion on Tonights Smoke II - FOR PIPES within the General Pipe Forum forums, part of the Pipe Smokers Forums category; GL Pease Abingdon in a Castello Sea Rock 33. And, sipping on a Ninkasi Total Domination IPA. Castello SeaRock 33_e ...

Clampsmoquero Latakius Vituscan's Avatar

Re: Tonights Smoke II - FOR PIPES

GL Pease Abingdon in a Castello Sea Rock 33. And, sipping on a Ninkasi Total Domination IPA.

Castello SeaRock 33_e by GoerzDagor, on Flickr
    Credo quia absurdum!

Quote Originally Posted by steinr1 View Post
    I've been a bit obsessed with Tree Mixture for a few days and Louisiana Flake consumption is down. This will need to be remedied tonight at least once. I don't want any jealousy to develop.
    Just keep the tins separated from each other so they don't get in a fight when you're not looking

Quote Originally Posted by MarkC View Post
    A second bowl of Rainer LGF. You know, I was kind of hoping this would suck as it's kind of pricey. Oh, well...
    You know I have been meaning to give it a try just haven't found a way to pull the Trigger, If I am lucky maybe I can talk my wife into an extra gift for my birthday in 18 days lol. But seeing I just placed an order not sure but that is sure on my to smoke list.

Tonight smoke in my Estate DG Bulldog some Frog Morton on the Bayou.

Locked on and Ready to FIRE!

James
    For the Love of (__[@}___Cigars__}}}}}
    "I didn't play at collecting. No cigar anywhere was safe from me."~E G R

Quote Originally Posted by TanZ2005 View Post
    You know I have been meaning to give it a try just haven't found a way to pull the Trigger, If I am lucky maybe I can talk my wife into an extra gift for my birthday in 18 days lol. But seeing I just placed an order not sure but that is sure on my to smoke list.
    You never know. Some could just kind of 'show up' somehow...
    ********.com

I had the perfect idea to achieve world peace a little while ago, but, while waiting for somebody to show up here to tell it to, I decided to kill some time with a bowl of Irish Flake and now cannot for the life of me remember what it was. sigh. Should have posted earlier.
    Vegetarian -- that's an old Indian word meaning "lousy hunter". -- Andy Rooney

McC red cake in the Nording freehand

GL Pease Lagonda in a Worobiec Gdanska.

WOROBIEC GDAŃSKA._x by GoerzDagor, on Flickr
    Credo quia absurdum!

A Squid founder, retired ProbateGeek's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by freestoke View Post
    I had the perfect idea to achieve world peace a little while ago, but, while waiting for somebody to show up here to tell it to, I decided to kill some time with a bowl of Irish Flake and now cannot for the life of me remember what it was. sigh. Should have posted earlier.
    Funny, Jim. I am just lighting up a bowl of Irish Flake, and. . . Egads! THAT'S IT!
    1792 Flake was first produced in 1830, exactly 139 years before man walked on the moon. Coincidence?

My local tobacconist sells a mixture they call "George's Blend", which is one that I first started piping with, but grew tired of very rapidly once I was exposed to all the other varieties of pipe tobaccos. I remember it being sweet, maybe even vanilla. Revisiting it tonight, it appears to be largely 1Q with a touch of something else added for spice. It's actually better than I remembered, and is satisfying my sweet tooth quite well.

I took the family out to the riverwalk this past Saturday and we caught "the complete works of Shakespeare, abridged" (a very funny performance) at the Arneson theatre, which is the outdoor theatre right on the river. As the river cruise so often points out to tourists, this theatre is where Sandra Bullock performed her water glass routine dressed in German octoberfest garb in the movie Miss Congeniality. Anyway, while we were enjoying the show I caught the faint aroma of a sweet vanilla tobacco being enjoyed nearby and it made me very jealous. It was a lovely evening, and I did not have my pipe - shame on me. I found the gentleman after the show (he was working there and standing just "outside" the theater perimeter) and struck up a short conversation. He was dressed a bit like a pioneer, maybe playing the old San Antonio river "part", and his pipe was a MM Cobb. This guy was quite the character. He told me he was smoking "George's Blend" and I had been thinking about trying it again since then...

One other cool tidbit is that the kids smelled the tobacco too, and my daughter commented later that she wasn't sure at first what it was, but it "smelled like home". I love it!

Awaiting Confirmation

Doing some work. Work work! Exploring a few genes potentially affecting bacterial fecal shedding. Unfortunately, the library isn't too lenient on indoor pipe usage. They don't seem to mind my lip full of Cope, a crutch I find INDISPUTABLY more offensive than the aroma of a well blended aromatic.

Maltese Falcon.
    ********.com

Warrior Plug in the little Yeco Junior. Turning out to be a very nice little smoker well suited to plug tobacco. Puffed away at it for an astonishing (well, it astonished me) 3/4+ hour with a relight only to clear the last of the dottle; most without the need to tamp. The bowl is the size of the end of my little finger to just beyond the first joint. Should be better still when the cake forms properly. This tobacco burns slow and cool with the burley fruit flavours predominant. A very pleasant and relaxing smoke on a cold evening. Very much recommended.

Lining up the ancient Barling with a load of Louisiana Flake; might go for some of the Germain's rich Dark Flake again in the S-M Barling Lovat. Loving that tobacco - I just suck air through the load for a few minutes to enjoy the fruity goodness of the raw tobacco before even bothering to light it.
    "Never keep up with the Joneses. Drag them down to your level." - Quentin Crisp

MacBaren HH Vintage Syrian in a Pioneer Meerschaum Gourd Calabash and a wee dram of Glenmorangie.

FullPipe_324 by GoerzDagor, on Flickr
    Credo quia absurdum!

Maltese Falcon again. This is nice stuff, but I can't help wishing it was Balkan Sasieni...
    ********.com

well after 12/5 shifts, I finally managed to get a full day off. loaded up my old faithful no named bent Dublin, with some LNF and away we go. Yummy grassish notes, with some plume notes from the perique. People always say they never taste the perique. Too me when LNF is fresh you can taste the plum like notes from Perique. When it's aged, the Perique more in the background then anything