Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Page 912 of 1257 FirstFirst ... 412 812 862 902 903 904 905 906 907 908 909 910 911 912 913 914 915 916 917 918 919 920 921 922 962 1012 ... LastLast
Results 13,666 to 13,680 of 18845

Tonights Smoke II - FOR PIPES

This is a discussion on Tonights Smoke II - FOR PIPES within the General Pipe Forum forums, part of the Pipe Smokers Forums category; It's April. It doesn't snow south of London in April. To prove the point I barbecued some beef. You clearly ...

Re: Tonights Smoke II - FOR PIPES

It's April. It doesn't snow south of London in April. To prove the point I barbecued some beef. You clearly can't barbecue effectively when it's snowing. So it can't have been doing that.

While tending the barbecue and admiring the lack of snow in all its floculent whiteness I smoked a couple of bowls of Best Brown Flake in a large, somewhat knackered, Ropp Montagnarde.

I have finally "got" the essence in this simple Lakeland blend. Yes - "Floral". I wouldn't quite go as far as "perfumed" but the essence is clearly a big bunch of some flower or other. I've always enjoyed it but never truely over-analysed it before. Just in time to run out of this blend.

Great smoke, lovely tender beef and impressive lack of snow. A fine afternoon/evening.

The lack of snow has now abated and I'll risk a bowl or two of Louisiana Flake. One of those floral Lakelands but with so much else going on that I've never noticed it. Hope my new super-sense doesn't ruin it for me. I've got an awful lot of this in stock.
    "Never keep up with the Joneses. Drag them down to your level." - Quentin Crisp

I seem to be alone in smoking into the "evening".

Smoked another bowl of Germain's Rich Dark Flake - RDF = or Perhaps Putative Stonehaven = PPS = in my S-M Barling Lovat. This has only a size 2 bowl at best by Dunghill standards yet delivers a 35-45 minute smoke with this fabulous blend. It
    always amazes me how tobacco that would scant make up a couple of cigarettes can smolder so long.

I only bought a rapidly disappearing 50g sample of this, new to me, blend. I see a bright future for it and a dim one for my wallet. A 1kg order looms...

I might end the day with some 1792 Flake. It's been quite a heavy smoke day with a couple of bowls at least of 4 different tobaccos; 1792 might possibly cut through the undergrowth.

Had a cigar earlier today as I wrestled with the lawn, cleaned the gutters, and chemically analyzed and adjusted the pool. Finally cleaned myself up and now I'm relaxing a bit. It's a stunningly beautiful day - mid to upper 70's, sunny, birds chirping, and the baby-backs that I started a few hours ago will be done soon (yum). Perfect time for a pipe! I'm enjoying some "Texas Tea" in my large Boswell. This tobacco is from the local shop, obviously something else that's been renamed to protect its true identify. It's entirely black cavendish, with a sweet and spicy (like clove) topping. I've had an ARO craving lately, so this is hitting the spot nicely. Cheers!

Finally broke down and poped a tin of Three Nuns. This one is post 1995 (it's a German tin but the price is listed in Euros) but not sure how post. Regardless, it's fantastic! Can't puff this one or it hurts but man am I hooked!!!
    Now with 96.5% more Wub Wub! http://www.tobaccocellar.com/NikonNUT

Quote Originally Posted by nikonnut View Post
    Finally broke down and poped a tin of Three Nuns. This one is post 1995 (it's a German tin but the price is listed in Euros) but not sure how post. Regardless, it's fantastic! Can't puff this one or it hurts but man am I hooked!!!
    Lucky dog! Three Nuns is quite bitey and it seems that age hasn't tamed it. But it is lovely tobacco. I do note that you say "a tin" rather than "the tin". From which I infer that there are more than one. Fascist!

I've just returned fom exile in the shed where I went with two loaded pipes and a Kindle. Louisiana Flake in my ancient Barling, Tree Mixture in a Pot meerschaum and the Gormenghast trilogy. Slowly puffing on the Barling I got absorbed in the book. Brilliant writing; not read it before and I was inspired to start by some posts on this forum. THANKS. When the pipe went out I was amazed to see that 50 minutes had past. Tamp, relight and back to the book. Half an hour later it went out again. Nothing but ash. Just at a point where Steerpike sparks up his pipe. I left him to finish smoking alone and retired inside. The Tree Mixture will have to wait.

Clampsmoquero Latakius Vituscan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by steinr1 View Post
    I've just returned fom exile in the shed where I went with two loaded pipes and a Kindle. Louisiana Flake in my ancient Barling, Tree Mixture in a Pot meerschaum and the Gormenghast trilogy. Slowly puffing on the Barling I got absorbed in the book. Brilliant writing; not read it before and I was inspired to start by some posts on this forum. THANKS. When the pipe went out I was amazed to see that 50 minutes had past. Tamp, relight and back to the book. Half an hour later it went out again. Nothing but ash. Just at a point where Steerpike sparks up his pipe. I left him to finish smoking alone and retired inside. The Tree Mixture will have to wait.
    Does it get any better than that, Robert? But, what the heck kind of a pal are you to abandon Steerpike just as he is sparking up his pipe? Gormenghast is now on the top of my to-read list. Thanks!

Smoking a bowl of GL Pease Samarra in a Caminetto and listening to the wind howl around Raven's Grove. Sipping on a glass of Ridge Zin. Life is good!

Caminetto by GoerzDagor, on Flickr
    Credo quia absurdum!

My pipe smoking cadence seems to be on top form at the moment. Just put down a bowl of Germain's Rich Dark Flake after an hour of puffing to make dinner for the kids. Still maybe 1/4 of the bowl to go. This in an S-M Barling - about Size 2 by Dunghill reckoning. I attribute this to the calming effect of reading the Gormenghast trilogy.

I'll have a bowl of Louisiana Flake later on. I expect 2 hours as a minimum...

My pipe smoking cadence seems to be on top form at the moment...
    Sign 'im up! We'll take the early line at Ladbrokes and make a killing in the next world slow-smoke championship! I'm filling the 4Dot with Stonehaven. Just a nice little musketball, though. Doubt it will last an hour, but it should taste just fine. More Old Milwaukee, the beer of non-champions!
    Vegetarian -- that's an old Indian word meaning "lousy hunter". -- Andy Rooney

My pipe smoking cadence seems to be on top form at the moment...
    Sign 'im up! We'll take the early line at Ladbrokes and make a killing in the next world slow-smoke championship! I'm filling the 4Dot with Stonehaven. Just a nice little musketball, though. Doubt it will last an hour, but it should taste just fine. More Old Milwaukee, the beer of non-champions!
    Vegetarian -- that's an old Indian word meaning "lousy hunter". -- Andy Rooney

Quote Originally Posted by freestoke View Post
    Not much short of an hour and a half from the size 3 bowl of the Barling with Louisiana Flake in it. I'm going to have to start smoking half bowls...

Hello? Once again I seem to be the only one posting in the evening...

Another (half) bowl of Germain's Rich Dark Flake. Smoked a little quicker and hotter than I have of late as I was barbecueing despite the rain. We're made of stern stuff in the UK; we need to be.

The tobacco is sublime. I liked it so much, I bought the company.

Well, perhaps not, but a kilo of it (If this is the same blend as Stonehaven, this could account for the entire annual production - sorry...) I normally don't go that overboard about a single blend (the glorious Louisiana Flake excepted), but damn, this is really good VaBur. I placed the taste of the unlit tobacco at last. Stoned fruit certainly, cherries more specifically and De Kuyper Cherry Brandy most specifically.

And so, a Vanderbilt Cocktail beckons...

perhaps trickle maybe heheheh

nice bowl of LNF in my straight no named bulldog, yummy

This evening I had a bowl of Marlin Flake in a newly acquired Large Rossi Freehand followed by a bowl of Dunhill 965 in my large Ardor Freehand. It has been more than 6 months since I've last had Marlin Flake and it was delightful this evening. I needed a stronger blend to end the night and my Dunhill 965 was just what I craved. I topped off my smokes with an ice cold mug of "Guinness Draught" brew and I had an enjoyable, relaxing evening.

Hello? Once again I seem to be the only one posting in the evening...
    Fixed that mate.

Anni Kake after a long, hard day. Mmmmmmm, Life is good my friends.
    Refuses to remain the Droid they were all looking for.