Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Page 913 of 1257 FirstFirst ... 413 813 863 903 904 905 906 907 908 909 910 911 912 913 914 915 916 917 918 919 920 921 922 923 963 1013 ... LastLast
Results 13,681 to 13,695 of 18845

Tonights Smoke II - FOR PIPES

This is a discussion on Tonights Smoke II - FOR PIPES within the General Pipe Forum forums, part of the Pipe Smokers Forums category; Originally Posted by Coffee-Cup This evening I had a bowl of Marlin Flake in a newly acquired Large Rossi Freehand ...

Re: Tonights Smoke II - FOR PIPES

Quote Originally Posted by Coffee-Cup View Post
    This evening I had a bowl of Marlin Flake in a newly acquired Large Rossi Freehand followed by a bowl of Dunhill 965 in my large Ardor Freehand. It has been more than 6 months since I've last had Marlin Flake and it was delightful this evening. I needed a stronger blend to end the night and my Dunhill 965 was just what I craved. I topped off my smokes with an ice cold mug of "Guinness Draught" brew and I had an enjoyable, relaxing evening.
    I have missed your late night (wee hours of the morning) posts.
    Those that know don't tell, and those that tell don't know.

A chill but dry day earlier. Most suitable for sitting in the garden reading and smoking Tree mixture. So I had a few bowls.

It's started raining now, so I'll step up to some Black Bogie Aromatic to limit the exposure to the elements. If it keeps up I'll have to retire to my shed. I'll then be free to smoke a bowl or two of the highly regarded and recommended Peterson's Special 2012 Reserve. This one needs enclosure to allow the room note somewhere to linger. I do hope the weather remains inclement (Never hear this word apart from in the negative. "What's the weather like? Most clement indeed.")
    "Never keep up with the Joneses. Drag them down to your level." - Quentin Crisp

Quote Originally Posted by Coffee-Cup View Post
    It has been more than 6 months since I've last had Marlin Flake and it was delightful this evening.
    That's the major drawback to having a varied cellar in my opinion. I went nuts with GLP Laurel Heights back in 2010, but haven't had any in about two years!

I'm smoking the rapidly dwindling McClelland's Aurora tonight; I sure hope it doesn't take two years to try this one again!
    ********.com

enjoyed a bowl of FVF that's been sitting in a jar for 18 months. When I popped the jar, the flakes were covered in white crystals. wow fruits of my labor aka patients LOL. Smoked in my sav Mr' G straight billard. it was a wee bit wet, soo had trouble getting it going, but once I get the flake smoldering it was yummy

Bells Three Nuns in the country gentleman as I peruse Puff
    Now with 96.5% more Wub Wub! http://www.tobaccocellar.com/NikonNUT

Full grown Puffer Fish Thirston's Avatar

A bit of CD Pirate Kake in my new Sav Tortuga.

No longer a community member.

Sweet Vanilla Honeydew in a Graco Ocean

Just popped a tin of C&D Mississippi Mud. Plenty of Latakia, but a decent amount of perique in there too, so it's a bit peppery. The tin note does seem to be "muddy", but of course that could just be the power of suggestion? The label states "a unique blend", or something like that - very true. It's perfectly dry and ready to smoke right out of the tin (like many of the C&D blends). I like it!

Quote Originally Posted by Nachman View Post
    I have missed your late night (wee hours of the morning) posts.
    Hi Nick,

I do appreciate your comment and I have been a little busy of late to post, but I still continue to enjoy my pipes regardless of the hour. I recently got a couple of large freehand pipes which are essentially a large piece of artistic briar, small hole for the tobacco on one end with a smaller hole for the stem. I have found that these pipes smoke very much cooler than my usual; probably because of the thick briar surrounding the tobacco. I am in the process experimenting with these pipes to determine which tobaccos are more flavorful in these pipes; I can definitely say with their large size that these pipes are not clenchers, but definite sitters.

Getting ready for a bowl of Hamborger Veermaster.
    ********.com

Quote Originally Posted by MarkC View Post
    That's the major drawback to having a varied cellar in my opinion. I went nuts with GLP Laurel Heights back in 2010, but haven't had any in about two years!

I'm smoking the rapidly dwindling McClelland's Aurora tonight; I sure hope it doesn't take two years to try this one again!
    Mark! You are so correct; life was simpler when I only had a supply of a few tobaccos, but I am so happy to be able to enjoy these wonderful blends. I also want to thank you for the RG bump; it is interesting that I only found out somewhat recently what a RG was. This evening I had a bowl of SG St. James Flake in my Large Rossi Freehand. This is the 4th time that I have smoked this tobacco and initially it was not too impressive, but I am beginning to detect some very nice flavors. This blend is a cool smoke, medium in strength exuding a continuous varied flavor profile that changes subtly from minute to minute. I enjoyed this smoke for 11/2 hours; down to the white ash while enjoying a small glass of brandy. I had a great evening.

enjoyed a bowl of bulleye in my no named straight bulldog. I had this bulleye in a jar for a bout a year. and wow it's sweeten, darker, and a lot sweetier. the perique has tone down. Soo yummy I didn't want the bowl to end. sadly it did

Puffer Fish with some spikes kuntry08's Avatar

I had my first bowl of Dunhill Nightcap in my brand new Savinelli Trevi 320. It was absolutely awesome. My wife didn't enjoy the room note though....she said "it stinks" about six times.
    Everything is better with bourbon.

Quote Originally Posted by kuntry08 View Post
    I had my first bowl of Dunhill Nightcap in my brand new Savinelli Trevi 320. It was absolutely awesome. My wife didn't enjoy the room note though....she said "it stinks" about six times.
    My woman hasn't been enjoying my pipe habit at all. She doesn't want to be near me me after I've smoked. She says I stink like a nasty compost pile. I think it's the perfect tool for when I need some space
    A warrior may choose pacifism; others are condemned to it.

Puffer Fish with some spikes kuntry08's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by logically View Post
    My woman hasn't been enjoying my pipe habit at all. She doesn't want to be near me me after I've smoked. She says I stink like a nasty compost pile. I think it's the perfect tool for when I need some space
    Its funny because she loves the smell of my other pipe tobaccos, and cigars. It felt so odd to hear her say she didn't like it. Oh well, can win 'em all.
    Everything is better with bourbon.